Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Fbi Wants 26-year Old Nigerian Scammer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fbi Wants 26-year Old Nigerian Scammer (3484 Views)

Fbi Reveals 16 Of The Richest Politicians In Nigeria And Their worth In Usa. / Fbi Wants 26-year Old Nigerian Scammer / $44 Million Fraud: Fbi Declares Nigerian Wanted Like Bin Ladin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fbi Wants 26-year Old Nigerian Scammer by asha80(m): 10:27pm On Jan 18, 2011
FBI wants 26-year old Nigerian scammer

By Elor Nkereuwem

January 18, 2011 02:34AM
Print print Email email Share Share

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has demanded the extradition of a 26-year old Nigerian, Olaniyi Makinde, in connection with e-mail scams currently valued at about USD800,000.

A source at the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) said the FBI is particularly interested in Mr. Makinde, who is currently standing trial in Ondo State, because of the peculiarity of the scam method which involved remotely breaking into the accounts system of an online payroll company in California, Intuit Inc.

When contacted, the spokesperson of the EFCC, Femi Babafemi, declined to speak in details about the case but our source also said that the EFCC and the FBI have been working together on this case since last year adding that while the FBI would like to try Mr. Makinde in the US, the EFCC want him tried in Nigeria.

Amongs other charges in the 23-count charge brought against the 26-year old, the EFCC said that Mr. Makinde managed to manipulate the American online payroll system to deposit cash in his Intercontinental and Ecobank accounts in Nigeria.

“He installed malicious codes in several victims’ personal computers with which he fraudulently stole their bank information to steal $600, 000,” an official document obtained by NEXT said.

“Because of that boy, three FBI agents came to Nigeria in October. They wanted to see the person that could carry out this deal offshore,” our source at the EFCC said.

The accused, Mr. Makinde, who also goes by the aliases Olaniyi James and Andrea Bradley, recently graduated from the University of Ado Ekiti with a degree in Economics and is scheduled to take part in the compulsory National Youth Service scheme.

He however remains in the custody of Nigeria’s anti-graft agency which said that if convicted of the over 20 count charges brought against him, Mr. Makinde could serve as much as 60 years in jail.
Bac

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5664133-146/fbi_wants_26-year_old_nigerian_scammer.csp
Re: Fbi Wants 26-year Old Nigerian Scammer by asha80(m): 10:28pm On Jan 18, 2011
does nigeria and US have an extradition pact on things like this?
Re: Fbi Wants 26-year Old Nigerian Scammer by gabsonyf: 2:34am On Jan 19, 2011
Na this kind of rubish Efcc they react on, There are ministers choping Billions, they can't show that time,
Re: Fbi Wants 26-year Old Nigerian Scammer by Freewilly(f): 2:38am On Jan 19, 2011
And they say is only Igbos that do 419 angry angry angry angry
Re: Fbi Wants 26-year Old Nigerian Scammer by jason123: 2:40am On Jan 19, 2011
Freewilly:

Sista!, NO TRIBALISM,OK?
Re: Fbi Wants 26-year Old Nigerian Scammer by ekubear1: 2:57am On Jan 19, 2011
Freewilly:

grin grin grin grin

Who told you that? Lots of dumb Yoruba kids in their 20s are doing CC fraud in the DC metro area. Maybe where you live most of the Nigerians are Igbo, but where I grew up they are mostly Yoruba. And they do the same dumb things everyone else does. . .

But they are usually clever enough not to get caught  wink
Re: Fbi Wants 26-year Old Nigerian Scammer by fstranger1: 2:59am On Jan 19, 2011
asha 80:

does nigeria and US have an extradition pact on things like this?

Didnt they pick Lanre Shittu from Onipanu?

Most likely?
Re: Fbi Wants 26-year Old Nigerian Scammer by asha80(m): 3:04am On Jan 19, 2011
fstranger1:

Didnt they pick Lanre Shittu from Onipanu?

Most likely?

the car merchant?was he involved in fraud

Was Lanre Shittu sold out by Obasanjo's government to U.S. law enforcement agencies?

By Jonathan Elendu

It's been reported that Alhaji Lanre Shittu, the owner of Lanre Shittu Motors, a company situated on Western Avenue, Surulere-Lagos is in New York. Why is it a story that is newsworthy? What is our business with a Lagos motor dealer visiting New York? The Alhaji is not visiting New York; he is an unwilling guest of the American government. United States drug enforcement officers with the connivance of the Nigerian government abducted the man from Nigeria. Extradition? Nonsense!

Lanre Shittu was standing trial before a Lagos High Court. He has been in detention for many years at the Nigeria Drug Law Enforcement Agency. To the best of my knowledge, his businesses have been closed down for years, in accordance with the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. I have no problems with that. If the man is a drug dealer he should face the full extent of the law.

ok i get it but it seems that he went to US and was apprehended there.i do not think this is the same scenario
Re: Fbi Wants 26-year Old Nigerian Scammer by fstranger1: 3:09am On Jan 19, 2011
asha 80:

the car merchant?was he involved in fraud

Are you kidding me? He was the the biggest drug baron to have ever lived in Lagos

ok i get it but it seems that he went to US and was apprehended there.i do not think this is the same scenario

No he was snatched/kidnapped/abducted from Nigeria.

Was Lanre Shittu sold out by Obasanjo's government to U.S. law enforcement agencies?

By Jonathan Elendu

It's been reported that Alhaji Lanre Shittu, the owner of Lanre Shittu Motors, a company situated on Western Avenue, Surulere-Lagos is in New York. Why is it a story that is newsworthy? What is our business with a Lagos motor dealer visiting New York? The Alhaji is not visiting New York; he is an unwilling guest of the American government. United States drug enforcement officers with the connivance of the Nigerian government[size=18pt] abducted the man from Nigeria[/size]. Extradition? Nonsense!

Lanre Shittu was standing trial before a Lagos High Court. He has been in detention for many years at the Nigeria Drug Law Enforcement Agency. To the best of my knowledge, his businesses have been closed down for years, in accordance with the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. I have no problems with that. If the man is a drug dealer he should face the full extent of the law.

The last I heard of him, he was in Jerzy,in Rahway specifically, doing his time!

(1) (Reply)

8 Ex-militants Deported From Sri-Lanka For Indscipline / Suspend The Dubious Capital Market Probe Now / Adamawa Gov Race: Ribadu, Marwa, Gundiri Suffer Setback

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.