Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,619 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:44 AM

BURDEN OF HABAKKUK 1: The Fig Tree - Signs Of The Time!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / BURDEN OF HABAKKUK 1: The Fig Tree - Signs Of The Time!!! (217 Views)

Jesus And The Fig Tree By Bashir Lucas Samson Lukman / A Lesson From The Fig Tree ( The Power Of Words) / The Fig Tree Parable, COVID 19 And The Imminent Return Of Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

BURDEN OF HABAKKUK 1: The Fig Tree - Signs Of The Time!!! by Oluwasegun7(m): 10:35pm On May 26, 2020
BURDEN OF HABAKKUK

Part 1: The Fig Tree

Learn A Parable From The Fig Tree...

Mark 13:28 (KJV&NLT)
13:28 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near: (KJV)
13:28 Now learn a lesson from the fig tree. When its branches bud and its leaves begin to sprout, you know that summer is near. (NLT)

This begins a stream of teachings and declarations based on the Book of Habakkuk. Whoever has been following up on all the series of posts on this page will understand deeply that we are, indeed, in an unstable time. One event shall follow the other in a cynic domino effect! World economies shall stagger and there shall be fear all around.
We are instructed by Christ to learn a lesson from the fig tree. Plainly Christ wants us to pay serious attention to the signs of the times. It's not the time to start organizing special prayers asking God to swing into action or intervene. He would not. These things must be as written. His word shall come to pass and there is nothing anybody can do about it.
We shall be gleaning from the Book of Habakkuk. There are serious lessons for us in the first chapter we need to pay close attention to. God is different from whom some Pastors and preachers make us believe or think He is! Let's start now.

VERSE 2:
2 How long, O lord, must I call for help? But you do not listen! “Violence is everywhere!” I cry, but you do not come to save. (NLT).

There are times God refuses to answer prayers. We should not think that everytime we pray God must answer. He might choose not to answer because His eyes are set on what comes after, the future, which we don't always know or see. Job said "I cry to you O God, but you don't answer. I stand before you but you don't even look" (Job 30:20).
Whenever there is violence we automatically pray expecting God to intervene. But He, atimes, might choose to just watch! At this time there shall be more strange occurrences and many shall mock God for allowing such to happen. We should know that these are the signs of the end.

VERSE 3-5:
3 Must I forever see these evil deeds? Why must I watch all this misery? Wherever I look, I see destruction and violence. I am surrounded by people who love to argue and fight.
4 The law has become paralyzed, and there is no justice in the courts. The wicked far outnumber the righteous, so that justice has become perverted.
5 The lord replied, “Look around at the nations; look and be amazed! For I am doing something in your own day, something you wouldn’t believe even if someone told you about it.(NLT).

Men suffer from God's anger as a result of iniquity. Iniquity shall be on the rise. Men shall continue to do very terrible deeds that will keep grieving Him.
Wicked people shall outnumber the righteous, not minding the proliferation of churches and parishes worldwide.
Nations shall pass more and more laws legalizing evil things, provoking God more and more. And, then, He would respond.
There shall be more afflictions, family betrayals, strife, death and destructions. The Christian faith will face a worldwide hatred (Mark 13:13). At the point when all is about to be forgotten, He will appear.
It's the parable of the fig tree. When the leaves begin to shoot forth, then, watch out, for summer is near!

Culled From 'sheaves from the field' Blog Page On Facebook.

1 Like

Re: BURDEN OF HABAKKUK 1: The Fig Tree - Signs Of The Time!!! by mattbass(m): 10:53pm On May 26, 2020
Very insightful!!!

May the almighty give us the spirit to understand his words, for truly God's way are never man's way.

1 Like

Re: BURDEN OF HABAKKUK 1: The Fig Tree - Signs Of The Time!!! by Oluwasegun7(m): 11:58pm On May 26, 2020
Amen.

(1) (Reply)

Falsified Teachings Of Christ: "I Have Not Come To Destroy, But To Fulfill.." —2 / Weird Dream Of Being A Soldier / We Can’t Reopen Churches, Mosques Now–lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.