Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,944 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings (36012 Views)

FAAN To Ban Bribe Takers From Working At Nigerian Airports / We Have Lost $5bn To COVID-19 – Nigerian Jet Operators / Osita Chidoka: Disparity In Air-fares At Nigerian Airports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by Atikulated: 5:15am On May 27, 2020
They didn't mention international travels, however, they could have privy information and guidelines from the international regulators and all countries could preparing to reopen soon.
harryboyng:
I don’t think this is true. Reason because international flights have not started in other countries. How then can we decide we want to fly abroad. Or is this news just for local flights??

Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by Atikulated: 5:19am On May 27, 2020
The planes are being 'warmed' and maintained regularly. They have not been left to stand there untouched all along.
CokeBar:
As much as I am happy about the resumption of flight operations. I wouldn't advise anyone to travel just yet.

Let them warm up the planes first before we will hear that engine haff knock.

There's a high probability that the planes might be rusty.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by miqos02(m): 5:28am On May 27, 2020
harryboyng:
I don’t think this is true. Reason because international flights have not started in other countries. How then can we decide we want to fly abroad. Or is this news just for local flights??
they can start with local flights

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by Swagtrills(m): 5:30am On May 27, 2020
GiantMelCosta:
Nigerian international airport be like local airport in the US

That's y we are referred to as a developing country and not a developed country. Capish!

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by linearity: 5:37am On May 27, 2020
harryboyng:

They are all also preparing to reopen starting from next week from US, UK and many other EU countries, Asia.....but traveling by air is not going to be as sweet as before.

Imagine suspecting your next neighbor and eyeing them one kind for a 5, 8 or 12 hrs trips whiling suffocating under a unless face mask the entire time.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by Owodiran1(m): 5:43am On May 27, 2020
Awon amateur jati jati.what they ought to have been doing since January. especially for people coming in. Incompetent set of people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by SyberKate(f): 5:49am On May 27, 2020
Please they should open Embassy quick quick
Make man plan how to japa

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by xaggar(m): 5:50am On May 27, 2020
apache22b:
I am ecstatically delighted and disproportionately flabbergasted with enormous gratification and appreciation for the dispensation of such a tendering and mesmerizing information in which the prestidigitation of the concurrent and subsequent matter is thoroughly demonstrated through the innuances alluding to literal and metaphorical context. It is highly imperative to note that, such is the significance of the aforementioned, distortion in any shape or form will result in catastrophic ramifications to which will be the outcome of epic proportions. I thank you for your unequivocal.

You must be a child.

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by megama: 5:53am On May 27, 2020
athaboi:
Long over due.. tertiary and secondary schools should also open
No to that. No vaccines or medicinal cure. No school. No option on that

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by Frezhkid10(m): 5:57am On May 27, 2020
megama:
...if schools open..u can keep yours at home till the cure is found..
Rubbish..

7 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by Pitakawman(m): 6:03am On May 27, 2020
Its about time
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by eddysky: 6:04am On May 27, 2020
GiantMelCosta:

Who ask you
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by COMPAQ(m): 6:12am On May 27, 2020
Thetruthalways:

I guess you haven't seen the new international terminal...

Unfortunately come back in 5 years and look at this terminal. It would already have started to fall apart.

We lack maintenance culture and processes here. Best thing is to privatise it. MM2 Is still looking good after all these years, with some upgrades even.
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by dazzlingd(m): 6:12am On May 27, 2020
Egoveen:
I'm supposed to be awarded the most banned nairalander of 2020.....and mods prepare for more bans:\

You can hang the awards on the wall in your parlour to give u joy..actually, no one cares....no one even knows this moniker exists

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by banio: 6:16am On May 27, 2020
There are mask that allows one to breath well, so let's all get those types. Everybody in Nigeria MUST be made to wear face mask always even while walking on the road. Failure to wear should be #2000 naira or 20 strokes of horse wipe if the individual can't afford #2000.

Police and others implimenting it should use video evidence or a snap shot, so that the evidence is glaring for the blind to see.

Let's all join hands to kick Covid-19 out
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by HarryDuce(m): 6:18am On May 27, 2020
athaboi:
Long over due.. tertiary and secondary schools should also open
Schools are a different matter. I don't think they'll open soon. Too many risks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by divineuk(m): 6:24am On May 27, 2020
We are waiting for the final one which is schools
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by Aflix(m): 6:27am On May 27, 2020
This really makes me doubt that the virus was ever in Nigeria. In other countries if the number of cases keeps on increasing as it is in Nigeria, they increase their restrictions but in Nigeria we are reducing restrictions.
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by alhaji04: 6:30am On May 27, 2020
Egoveen:
I'm supposed to be awarded the most banned nairalander of 2020.....and mods prepare for more bans:\
Egoveen
Egoveen
Egoveen
How many times did I call u? if we ban u again, we go buddle u comot for Nairaland. lala take note.
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by SEGLIZ: 6:34am On May 27, 2020
GiantMelCosta:

after this comment, were you given 'the most foolish man' award?
your comment never add up to the realty of the consequences of the issue at hand.
states are still locked down, some are still locking down FG is planning opening the airports it isn't really adding up.
probably opening the airports but the airspace still closed!?

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by Reference(m): 6:42am On May 27, 2020
CokeBar:
As much as I am happy about the resumption of flight operations. I wouldn't advise anyone to travel just yet.

You actually have a very serious point and one which has bothered me for a few weeks now after reading reports of the cost to American Airlines (generic, not AA) of keeping their massive fleets airworthy particularly those parked in airports just a slingshot from the coast and corrosive, salty air.

Civil aviation authorities here should ensure the best practices in extended downtime checks and recertification. Each aircraft should be inspected and flight tested before re-entering service.

I will certainly wait a week's worth of flights before boarding any aircraft or going bear any airport. The roads have been my links across the country these past months and that is not about to change.
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by ReachRich(m): 6:42am On May 27, 2020
Nobody is talking about opening interstate boarders for bus transportation

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by Afamcy: 6:51am On May 27, 2020
I think it should be for domestic flights for now
harryboyng:
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by Froshhh7(m): 6:51am On May 27, 2020
apache22b:
I am ecstatically delighted and disproportionately flabbergasted with enormous gratification and appreciation for the dispensation of such a tendering and mesmerizing information in which the prestidigitation of the concurrent and subsequent matter is thoroughly demonstrated through the innuances alluding to literal and metaphorical context. It is highly imperative to note that, such is the significance of the aforementioned, distortion in any shape or form will result in catastrophic ramifications to which will be the outcome of epic proportions. I thank you for your unequivocal.
......u well so
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by izzy4shizzy(m): 6:58am On May 27, 2020
CokeBar:

very true, a plane crashed in a residential area in India due to two failed engines as a result of been grounded for too long
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by flexyrule(m): 6:59am On May 27, 2020
GiantMelCosta:
And our locals airports??
Like their museum I guess...
undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by CokeBar(f): 7:08am On May 27, 2020
Reference:

You actually have a very serious point and one which has bothered me for a few weeks now after reading reports of the cost to American Airlines (generic, not AA) of keeping their massive fleets airworthy particularly those parked in airports just a slingshot from the coast and corrosive, salty air.

Civil aviation authorities here should ensure the best practices in extended downtime checks and recertification. Each aircraft should be inspected and flight tested before re-entering service.

I will certainly wait a week's worth of flights before boarding any aircraft or going bear any airport. The roads have been my links across the country these past months and that is not about to change.

Absolutely!

I also intend to wait 1-2 weeks before boarding.

I however cannot travel by road, especially Abuja - Lagos, I can't even consider it.

Btw, you type so well smiley
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by wamide042(m): 7:10am On May 27, 2020
GiantMelCosta:
When last did you go to the airport or maybe you haven’t be there before....
Or you think Airports is just about fine buildings.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by CokeBar(f): 7:11am On May 27, 2020
ReachRich:
Nobody is talking about opening interstate boarders for bus transportation

As soon as flight operations resume, the interstate travel ban is automatically lifted.

However, it is easier to manage personal data for air passengers than road especially for contact tracing.

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by sammyonal: 7:12am On May 27, 2020
Thetruthalways:

I guess you haven't seen the new international terminal...
this won't last long, I know Nigerians.
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by Saintinoo(m): 7:13am On May 27, 2020
megama:
When schools open please keep your kids at home and allow people move on with there lifes.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by OKTolu: 7:16am On May 27, 2020
Nice but the good thing is our government is gradually coming back to their senses after the whole covid 19 scam and with over 8000 Cases in the country am not surprised that now is the time to ease lockdown .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ijora Olopa Bridge To Be Closed Immediately - FG / Look Of Onitsha Lagos Park [pics] Is Willie Really Working??? / Liberia Deports Four Nigerians 10 Years After Bank Robbery Conviction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.