Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,409 members, 7,819,465 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings (36021 Views)

FAAN To Ban Bribe Takers From Working At Nigerian Airports / We Have Lost $5bn To COVID-19 – Nigerian Jet Operators / Osita Chidoka: Disparity In Air-fares At Nigerian Airports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by Dotng: 7:19am On May 27, 2020
izzy4shizzy:

very true, a plane crashed in a residential area in India due to two failed engines as a result of been grounded for too long

Not true.

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/pakistan-plane-crash-pilot-of-crashed-pia-plane-ignored-warnings-thrice-says-report-2234664

The pilot of the Pakistan International Airlines (PIA)'s crashed plane ignored three warnings from the air traffic controllers about the aircraft's altitude and speed before the landing, saying he was satisfied and would handle the situation, according to a report on Monday.

According to a report prepared by the country's Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), the plane''s engines had scraped the runway thrice on the pilot''s first attempt to land, causing friction and sparks recorded by the experts.

When the aircraft scraped the ground on the first failed attempt at landing, the engine's oil tank and fuel pump may have been damaged and started to leak, preventing the pilot from achieving the required thrust and speed to raise the aircraft to safety, the report said.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by oloripelebe2: 7:22am On May 27, 2020
CokeBar:
As much as I am happy about the resumption of flight operations. I wouldn't advise anyone to travel just yet.

Let them warm up the planes first before we will hear that engine haff knock.

There's a high probability that the planes might be rusty.

Do you even know anything about aviation?
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by Galaticos444: 7:23am On May 27, 2020
SyberKate:
Please they should open Embassy quick quick
Make man plan how to japa
japa go where?can't u see how people av lost their job in Europe and the United States

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by CokeBar(f): 7:23am On May 27, 2020
oloripelebe2:

Do you even know anything about aviation?

No, absolutely nothing. Hence my fears.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by Emmacolinho(m): 7:38am On May 27, 2020
CokeBar:
As much as I am happy about the resumption of flight operations. I wouldn't advise anyone to travel just yet.

Bro they would do that nah infact the airplanes are warmed every week since the beginning of the lockdown
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by CokeBar(f): 7:38am On May 27, 2020
Emmacolinho:

Bro they would do that nah infact the airplanes are warmed every week since the beginning of the lockdown

Nice one
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by Pacesetter123(m): 7:43am On May 27, 2020
apache22b:
I am ecstatically delighted and disproportionately flabbergasted with enormous gratification and appreciation for the dispensation of such a tendering and mesmerizing information in which the prestidigitation of the concurrent and subsequent matter is thoroughly demonstrated through the innuances alluding to literal and metaphorical context. It is highly imperative to note that, such is the significance of the aforementioned, distortion in any shape or form will result in catastrophic ramifications to which will be the outcome of epic proportions. I thank you for your unequivocal.
Thank you also sir.But before u reach home,stop over in Edo state and say me hi to ur colleague there.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by Pacesetter123(m): 7:45am On May 27, 2020
CokeBar:

Your head dey dia bae! Parkistinian airline comes to mind.
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by Pacesetter123(m): 7:50am On May 27, 2020
joey150:

Planes might be rusty? grin

Don't worry, the pilots have been warming it every morning since lockdown.
grin grin
Which pilots? De ones that av bin laid off in great numbers by different airlines due to the pandemic?
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by Farki: 7:51am On May 27, 2020
wamide042:

When last did you go to the airport or maybe you haven’t be there before....
Or you think Airports is just about fine buildings.

MMIA looks and functions like it's still stuck in the 80s, tiny and most likely won't be able to keep up with increased number of flights compared to other developed nations.

We've only been managing it because of the low volume of flights.

Sadly I've witnessed the airport building decay overtime. Around 2001-2005 there were beautiful fountains and the area was more peaceful than it is now. Now the fountains don't work and the area has been filled with touts.
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by Pacesetter123(m): 7:53am On May 27, 2020
Thetruthalways:

I guess you haven't seen the new international terminal...
No,let dem kip on castigating us.
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by Farki: 7:54am On May 27, 2020
Pacesetter123:
grin grin
Which pilots? De ones that av bin laid off in great numbers by different airlines due to the pandemic?

Maybe it's trainee pilots or IT students he's talking about. He doesn't know many of the pilots in Nigeria are foreigners and won't be staying in Nigeria during this pandemic situation.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by SirWarlock: 7:54am On May 27, 2020
Aflix:
This really makes me doubt that the virus was ever in Nigeria. In other countries if the number of cases keeps on increasing as it is in Nigeria, they increase their restrictions but in Nigeria we are reducing restrictions.
It's just the government thinking they still have it under control when clearly they don't. They failed to act when the lockdown was first imposed and now another one would almost be futile. So now it's just hope and prayers angry
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by olusma23(m): 7:57am On May 27, 2020
If local flight resume to some states, FG didn't have any right to continue this inter state lockdown. They should not even tell us they will screen passenger before they board plane oo because it was the same screening that put us in this mess.

Meanwhile, High institution and Secondary school students should also be allow to resume school. All these politicians children (Higher institution, High school and basic school) are learning online.
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by SirWarlock: 7:58am On May 27, 2020
So what about the interstate lockdown lipsrsealed. So there's no streamlined strategy in fighting this thing. They should just disband the task force lipsrsealed
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by Pacesetter123(m): 7:59am On May 27, 2020
Farki:

Maybe it's trainee pilots or IT students he's talking about. He doesn't know many of the pilots in Nigeria are foreigners and won't be staying in Nigeria during this pandemic situation.
grin grin grin grin
May be..ooo!

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by Ingriid(f): 8:00am On May 27, 2020
Farki:

MMIA looks and functions like it's still stuck in the 80s, tiny and most likely won't be able to keep up with increased number of flights compared to other developed nations.

We've only been managing it because of the low volume of flights.

Sadly I've witnessed the airport building decay overtime. Around 2001-2005 there were beautiful fountains and the area was more peaceful than it is now. Now the fountains don't work and the area has been filled with touts.
your description of d Airport fit perfectly!

It’s indeed filled with touts, everywhere u turn someone is begging u for money , even in d toilet. It’s so pathetic!

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by tjfulloption(m): 8:01am On May 27, 2020
SultanOfAbia:
Haaaa
I Hope There Won't Be Go Slow in The Air

You dnt need to worry about that, we the Air Traffic Officer will be amid air controlling situation if their is go-slow. grin

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by Bigsunny01(m): 8:13am On May 27, 2020
harryboyng:
I don’t think this is true. Reason because international flights have not started in other countries. How then can we decide we want to fly abroad. Or is this news just for local flights??

Local I guess....
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by OmoOduduwa01: 8:13am On May 27, 2020
SultanOfAbia:
Haaaa
I Hope There Won't Be Go Slow in The Air

Nah, Traffic lights are already erected at every junction grin grin

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by Pacesetter123(m): 8:15am On May 27, 2020
megama:
No to that. No vaccines or medicinal cure. No school. No option on that
grin grin grin
See as u dey speak authoritatively like say nah u be Buhari or de oda oga malam wer be edu minister.
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by oloripelebe2: 8:16am On May 27, 2020
CokeBar:

No, absolutely nothing. Hence my fears.

They do daily maintenance for parked aircraft, the Engineers give DSR (Daily Status Report) for all the serviceable aircrafts. Nothing to fear

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by Emmiebanky: 8:17am On May 27, 2020
Nigeria so no Coronavirus again
We are going back to normal lives ( Precaution normal Life)....
Everybody na scam Las las
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by izzy4shizzy(m): 8:24am On May 27, 2020
Dotng:

Not true.

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/pakistan-plane-crash-pilot-of-crashed-pia-plane-ignored-warnings-thrice-says-report-2234664

The pilot of the Pakistan International Airlines (PIA)'s crashed plane ignored three warnings from the air traffic controllers about the aircraft's altitude and speed before the landing, saying he was satisfied and would handle the situation, according to a report on Monday.

According to a report prepared by the country's Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), the plane''s engines had scraped the runway thrice on the pilot''s first attempt to land, causing friction and sparks recorded by the experts.

When the aircraft scraped the ground on the first failed attempt at landing, the engine's oil tank and fuel pump may have been damaged and started to leak, preventing the pilot from achieving the required thrust and speed to raise the aircraft to safety, the report said.

probably not the one am talking about, here the plane is landing while the one I speak of the plane just took off
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by Bigsunny01(m): 8:25am On May 27, 2020
Kizzygentle:
Thank God. Make people begin discharge the country.

Discharge to where? Oga calm down ur blood too hot, no international will be allowed for now till de whole world decide to, dis na local matter

Nigeria with deir incomplete news sef, dey cannot even specify between local and international angry angry
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by CokeBar(f): 8:26am On May 27, 2020
oloripelebe2:

They do daily maintenance for parked aircraft, the Engineers give DSR (Daily Status Report) for all the serviceable aircrafts. Nothing to fear

Oh, alright. Thanks
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by AngryNijerian: 8:32am On May 27, 2020
apache22b:
I am ecstatically delighted and disproportionately flabbergasted with enormous gratification and appreciation for the dispensation of such a tendering and mesmerizing information in which the prestidigitation of the concurrent and subsequent matter is thoroughly demonstrated through the innuances alluding to literal and metaphorical context. It is highly imperative to note that, such is the significance of the aforementioned, distortion in any shape or form will result in catastrophic ramifications to which will be the outcome of epic proportions. I thank you for your unequivocal.
intellectual zeya tg
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by walteriyke: 8:43am On May 27, 2020
Watch covid19 will disappear
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by Kizzygentle: 8:49am On May 27, 2020
Bigsunny01:

Discharge to where? Oga calm down ur blood too hot, no international will be allowed for now till de whole world decide to, dis na local matter

Nigeria with deir incomplete news sef, dey cannot even specify between local and international angry angry
When will the whole world decide to?
Is it looking like it will be eased soon internationally?
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by merits(m): 8:50am On May 27, 2020

Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings by jaxxy(m): 8:53am On May 27, 2020
Hope people won’t be traveling to Covid or with high risk exposure.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Vehicle Conveying Bunkering Products Involved In Accident In Delta. Drivers Dead / Look Of Onitsha Lagos Park [pics] Is Willie Really Working??? / Liberia Deports Four Nigerians 10 Years After Bank Robbery Conviction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.