Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,600 members, 7,816,492 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

The Holy Spirit And Alcohol - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Holy Spirit And Alcohol (474 Views)

What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? / How Do We Worship God In Spirit And Truth ? / Soul, Spirit And Memory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Holy Spirit And Alcohol by AllCampusShow(m): 11:56pm On May 26, 2020
TITLE: THE HOLY SPIRIT AND ALCOHOL
WRITER: OJO BUSUYI-JOBUS
DATE: APRIL 11, 2020.
There has been an unhealthy argument that the wine Jesus Christ our Lord turned the water to is an alcohol, but unfortunately with concrete research, it is not so. In John 2:1-11, where Jesus attended the marriage at Cana of Galilee, I want you to first note that there is no record of anyone being drunk after Jesus left there. Before we move on, I will like to tell you that the Holy Spirit and the spirit of alcohol are two different things with proofs, the sources of both are as well not the same, The Holy spirit is the spirit of God, God and the Holy Spirit are always in connection 24 hours till eternity. To establish my point that God's Spirit which is the Holy Spirit and the spirit of alcohol are not pals at all; Leviticus 10:8-10 makes us know that alcohol is an unclean thing when God was giving instructions, God even also warns Aaron and his people that they would die if they drink it. "Then the Lord said to Aaron, You and your sons are not to drink wine or other fermented drink whenever you go into the tent of meeting, or you will die. This is a lasting ordinance for the generations to come, so that you can distinguish between the holy and the common, between the unclean and the clean.." Therefore, this means Jesus can never go against what God has laid down as Jesus says in Matthew 5:17 "I AM NOT COME TO DESTROY THE LAW BUT TO FULFIL..." Why is it that Jesus come not to destroy the law of God? We see that in John 10:30 "I AND MY FATHER ARE ONE" and this makes us to know that Jesus and God have same features. Amos 3:3 testify to it and says "CAN TWO WORK TOGETHER EXCEPT THEY AGREE?" Before you and one other person can become one, it means you agree on all things, so God can't say he hate something and Jesus will like it and start producing it to give people of God.
Against this, it is only the devil that can do that and that is why God refer to alcohol as unclean because it source is not from God. Proverbs 31:4-6 advices not to take strong drinks, they will not judge well as Kings and drinks is for those who are ready to perish. "It is not for kings, Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine, not for rulers to crave beer, lest they drink and forget what has been decreed, and deprive all the oppressed of their rights. Let beer be for those who are perishing, wine for those who are in anguish!"
However, let's see this story to testify to what we have been saying, let's read this Bible verses ourselves, 1king 20:1-28, the king and other 32 are filled with strong drink and none of them has sense of correcting King Ben Hadad of his Wrong decision in verse 18.
In conclusion, there are curses for the drunkards in Isaiah 28:1-8; so those who drink strong drinks have been cursed by God, "woe to the drunkards..." Are you addicted to strong drinks and you want to be free, help yourself by talking to the Lord Jesus; the King of Kings, he is friends to the sinners, he loves them and he wants them to come back to him, "come unto me all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest"-Matthew 11:28. He will remove the curses and replace them with rest, rest all around and your endeavors and you will do exploit, so make a great decision today and give your life to Jesus Christ or rededicate yourself and say father Lord Jesus, I am a sinner and I have heard your words that you still love me and call me to come, I have come, please have mercy on me and deliver me from this addiction which has placed curse upon me, register me under your grace provided by the blood you shed on the cross and help me to fulfil your p

urpose in my life, guide my heart and give me a new life, thank you Jesus for your mercy and for answering my prayer, in Jesus name I prayed, amen. Now you are a son of God, this message and prayer can help everyone who is addicted to different things such as Smoking, masturbating, stealing and so on, as you have prayed this prayer, don't go back to your vomit again, flee from every appearance of evil and it shall be well with you and the Kingdom of God shall be our heritage, amen.
If you have a question that you need an answer to, please feel free to send message to these contacts: Email- jobusidea@gmail.com; Instagram- @allcampusshow-jobus; WhatsApp-08067646431.
Peace be unto you.
Re: The Holy Spirit And Alcohol by Kobojunkie: 7:17pm On May 27, 2020
AllCampusShow:
There has been an unhealthy argument that the wine Jesus Christ our Lord turned the water to is an alcohol, but unfortunately with concrete research, it is not so. In John 2:1-11, where Jesus attended the marriage at Cana of Galilee, I want you to first note that there is no record of anyone being drunk after Jesus left there.
That no one got drunk off of it does not change it's being wine though...
Did you know that even your common fruit juice e.g. Orange juice contains some level of alcohol in it? Alcohol is found naturally in many of the wonderful fruits you may like to consume.

AllCampusShow:
To establish my point that God's Spirit which is the Holy Spirit and the spirit of alcohol are not pals at all; Leviticus 10:8-10 makes us know that alcohol is an unclean thing when God was giving instructions, God even also warns Aaron and his people that they would die if they drink it.
I don't think your statement that alcohol was declared unclean by God is true. God said Aaron and his sons could not drink it, did not then make alcohol unclean for all the people to imbibe.

Proverbs 3 vs 27-28
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8. Then the Lord said to Aaron,
9. “You and your sons must not drink wine or beer when you come into the Meeting Tent. If you do, you will die. This law continues forever through your generations.
10. You must be able to clearly tell the difference between what is holy and what is not holy, between what is clean and what is unclean.
11. And you must teach the people about all the laws that the Lord gave them through Moses.”
Notice how verse 10 and 11 sort of veer aware from the "curse" that is placed on the aaron generation as far as alcohol is concerned?
AllCampusShow:
This is a lasting ordinance for the generations to come, so that you can distinguish between the holy and the common, between the unclean and the clean.."
Sure, Aarons line as stated there
Re: The Holy Spirit And Alcohol by Kobojunkie: 7:33pm On May 27, 2020
AllCampusShow:
Against this, it is only the devil that can do that and that is why God refer to alcohol as unclean because it source is not from God. Proverbs 31:4-6 advices not to take strong drinks, they will not judge well as Kings and drinks is for those who are ready to perish. "It is not for kings, Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine, not for rulers to crave beer, lest they drink and forget what has been decreed, and deprive all the oppressed of their rights. Let beer be for those who are perishing, wine for those who are in anguish!"
God did not refer to alcohol as unclean. You misconstrued what was written for that purpose you have there.

I have a problem with anyone quoting Proverbs 31 for any reason whatsoever. Here you are told that the proverb was written or taken from a woman whose husband had more than 700 wives and 300 concubines, eventually ending up an idol worshipper, and you don't see how her advice to her son should not be suggestion for all? undecided undecided undecided undecided

Proverbs 31 vs 1-7
1. These are the wise sayings that King Lemuel’s mother taught him:

2. I prayed for a son, and you are the son I gave birth to.
3. Don’t waste your strength on women. Women destroy kings, so don’t waste yourself on them.
4. Lemuel, it is not wise for kings to drink wine. It is not wise for rulers to want beer.
5. They may drink too much and forget what the law says. Then they might take away the rights of the poor.
6. Give beer to people without hope. Give wine to those who are in trouble.
7. Let them drink to forget their troubles. Let them forget they are poor.
I do hope Lemuel didn't turn out a terrible husband, after that advice from his mum lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

AllCampusShow:
However, let's see this story to testify to what we have been saying, let's read this Bible verses ourselves, 1king 20:1-28, the king and other 32 are filled with strong drink and none of them has sense of correcting King Ben Hadad of his Wrong decision in verse 18.
Alcohol had nothing to do with King Ben-hadad's foolishness. If you read a bit closely you will find that his problem started when Ben-Hadad decided to send a second command that was in many ways identical to the first command which Ahab had already agreed to. This is several verse before the verse where you later read that Ben-hadad and the 32 kings began drinking.
AllCampusShow:
In conclusion, there are curses for the drunkards in Isaiah 28:1-8; so those who drink strong drinks have been cursed by God, "woe to the drunkards..."
The drunks of Ephraim who are proud of their beautiful crown undecided

(1) (Reply)

What's The Final Answer To The God-existence Question? - jesusjnr / Take Covenant Step And Be Exempted From Six year Farmine coming / The E.b. Gbonigi That You Probably Do Not Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.