Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,767 members, 7,827,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

How Did Covid Affect You As A Tailor And How You Coping? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How Did Covid Affect You As A Tailor And How You Coping? (483 Views)

Mass Production of Skimpy Clothes: Sisters How Have You Been Coping? / Lady Told Her Tailor To Make A Simple Gown For Her. See What She Got / Ankara Style A Tailor Said Is N85,000 (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did Covid Affect You As A Tailor And How You Coping? by Xristars(m): 3:56am On May 27, 2020
This covid 19 decided to form deaf ears to our prayers but God pass am.
Anyway here is my covid 19 versus lockdown experience as a tailor. I set out for my interview with a big fashion house where I relocated of recent on 31st march after securing the job news broke LOCKDOWN! since then naso my job they on pause.
Also I didn't stock fabric due to low cash, even the clothes I did for a friend is still with me. I virtually refused to sew because there was nothing to sew expect face mask out of necessary sha for family.
But thank God the lockdown is been ease gradually, I just pray things return to normalcy and Covid is gone for good.
On a positive side I read 2 books on motivation and mindset from John Maxwell and jim Davidson, Thinking for a change and How to plan your life respectfully on my third book now.
And also embraced fashion illustration.
So fellow designers/tailor how was yours?
Re: How Did Covid Affect You As A Tailor And How You Coping? by jameswell: 8:43am On May 27, 2020
Re: How Did Covid Affect You As A Tailor And How You Coping? by LieDetector(m): 1:22pm On May 29, 2020
Xristars:
This covid 19 decided to form deaf ears to our prayers but God pass am.
Anyway here is my covid 19 versus lockdown experience as a tailor. I set out for my interview with a big fashion house where I relocated of recent on 31st march after securing the job news broke LOCKDOWN! since then naso my job they on pause.
Also I didn't stock fabric due to low cash, even the clothes I did for a friend is still with me. I virtually refused to sew because there was nothing to sew expect face mask out of necessary sha for family.
But thank God the lockdown is been ease gradually, I just pray things return to normalcy and Covid is gone for good.
On a positive side I read 2 books on motivation and mindset from John Maxwell and jim Davidson, Thinking for a change and How to plan your life respectfully on my third book now.
And also embraced fashion illustration.
So fellow designers/tailor how was yours?
I just finished my beginners fashion tutorial and was waiting to be deployed for nysc so I'd join a fashion house and then Corona happened. I sew face masks with left over pieces when the demand for it was high. However, I'm looking for a fashion house to join as I'm idle rn. Would like to know how most fashion houses conduct their interview. I'm a male tailor and I'm good at shirts, trousers and senators
Re: How Did Covid Affect You As A Tailor And How You Coping? by Xristars(m): 5:29pm On May 29, 2020
LieDetector:
I just finished my beginners fashion tutorial and was waiting to be deployed for nysc so I'd join a fashion house and then Corona happened. I sew face masks with left over pieces when the demand for it was high. However, I'm looking for a fashion house to join as I'm idle rn. Would like to know how most fashion houses conduct their interview. I'm a male tailor and I'm good at shirts, trousers and senators
Great bro. Right now fashion houses are just recovering, even where I was recruited they haven't started business, though few have started but they won't be needing new workers now due to low demands of products.
Fashion houses interview are just normal after the oral interview you go and show yourself on a machine by competing simple task given to you. I was told to make a T-shirt collar, trouser zipper flap and a welt pocket.
my advice to you is just don't be idle, try and learn other skills now especially online marketing skills and also advertise yourself on your social handles. Just keeping going.
Me I'm trying to build my YouTube channel. Xristars inc is the name search for me and subscribe you can contact me if you wish just search Xristars on Facebook.
Re: How Did Covid Affect You As A Tailor And How You Coping? by pragya16: 10:48am On Sep 15, 2020
Hi all..! I learned new things during Covid-19. Utilized my time being with family and enjoyed what ever I missed due to my. busy schedule. https://www.bloglovin.com/@pujakumari79 You can refer This for any type of complaint letter format.

(1) (Reply)

UK/USA Ladies Flat Shoes / African Fashion : 2021 Ankara Maxi Dress Styles / Should I Tell Her (my Wife) That Her Hair Is Not Fine?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.