Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,812 members, 7,851,727 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:39 AM

Senate 'll Not Reverse Sale Of Apo Legislative Quarters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate 'll Not Reverse Sale Of Apo Legislative Quarters (1380 Views)

Nass: Southwest Apc ‘ll Not Recognise Saraki, Dogara —state Chairmen / Shooting At Abuja Legislative Quarters, 4 Dead, More Injured / I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate 'll Not Reverse Sale Of Apo Legislative Quarters by Mamajama(m): 2:39am On Jun 11, 2007
breach of contract. why was all this house sold to the incumbent residence at the time of sale? are we not smart enough as a nation to know that the new senators will need accommodation? or the next IGP. what is all this controversies about? can someone help me please.

ABEOKUTA—DEPUTY Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu has declared that the sale of the Apo Legislative Quarters by the former President Olusegun Obasanjo administration was irreversible, adding that Senators would have to make alternative arrangement for their accommodation.

Senator Ekweremadu who spoke to newsmen in Abeokuta shortly after paying a visit to Chief Obasanjo at his Ita-Iyalode home said that government being a continuum, the Senate would not reverse the sale of the houses. He however said that efforts were on by the Senate to solve the accommodation problems of new Senators who have no houses in Abuja which he said were not more than 20 per cent.

He said “the past government decided on monetization and sold the houses. In any case some of these houses have since changed hands making it difficult to reverse the sale.

“We will not reverse it because government is a continuum and we have set up a committee to look into the problem of those that really need accommodation in Abuja. But I can tell you that Senators without accommodation cannot be more than 20 per cent”.

“Moreover some other Senators are former governors, former ministers and Special Advisers who already have houses in Abuja. Within the next four to six weeks, the problems of accommodation will be solved.”

Senator Ekweremadu who was accompanied by Senators Bob Effiong and Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello said that the new Senate would perform wonderfully, adding that the issues of Niger Delta, poverty, unemployment and constitutional amendment would be the major focus of the upper legislative arm.
Re: Senate 'll Not Reverse Sale Of Apo Legislative Quarters by degoat: 2:44am On Jun 11, 2007
mamajama, here we go again, you're all over the place as usual. I think you should focus more on Ehindero's corruption allegation.
Re: Senate 'll Not Reverse Sale Of Apo Legislative Quarters by Mamajama(m): 2:52am On Jun 11, 2007
last time I checked degoat it's a free nation and freedom of speech, the only thing that stinks that I don't eat is GOAT, so piss off punk
Re: Senate 'll Not Reverse Sale Of Apo Legislative Quarters by degoat: 2:59am On Jun 11, 2007
Even if you like goat, you can't afford this goat. It doesn't matter how much the former IG stole, you can never afford this goat. So, cool your head down and don't get carried away.
Re: Senate 'll Not Reverse Sale Of Apo Legislative Quarters by Biafralord(m): 7:26am On Jun 11, 2007
@outlaws

Ganja man! you better stop smoking that stuff in oregon. You know the police arrested your father for rape last week. I'll see you in court
tomorrow. Your mother was also pleading for your father on national television. Your fucking harlot mother should be ashamed for owning prostitutes!!! Fucking minority man!!! Otu Nnegi their!!! bastard!!! She was sentenced 25 years! shame!!!

Re: Senate 'll Not Reverse Sale Of Apo Legislative Quarters by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jun 11, 2007
its quite obvious you are the one who has been smoking weed and your brains are thoroughly fried as a result.

Why the Bleep are you spamming the thread you this bastard. I think its high time they banned all these igbo-supremacist tribalists from this forum, your contributions are making less and less sense with each passing day.
Re: Senate 'll Not Reverse Sale Of Apo Legislative Quarters by Mamajama(m): 2:12pm On Jun 11, 2007
can we all get along and stop the personal attacks and get back to basics.
Re: Senate 'll Not Reverse Sale Of Apo Legislative Quarters by fromuk(m): 6:57pm On Jun 11, 2007
mamajama ur post above sounds like you have turned a new leaf, i commend u for that keep it up who knows one day u will realise that thief EHIda was wrong to loot the money meant for his fellow police officers. But come is he truely your old boy? what a shame if he is.

(1) (Reply)

!!!!!!!! / Violence Rocks Ekiti Community Over Obaship Tussle / Home News National News Assassins Kill Ebo, Pdp Chieftain In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.