Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,089 members, 7,814,782 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Best Toyota Sienna 2004 - 2007 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Best Toyota Sienna 2004 - 2007 (1985 Views)

Pls Help! Which Is The Best Toyota Gear Oil / Best Lexus Gx470 2004-2007 / TOYOTA MATRIX 2004 - 2007 Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Toyota Sienna 2004 - 2007 by JustJosh24(m): 8:19am On May 27, 2020
Please, I need and advice on buying a Toyota sienna, which one is best for it's value considering fuel economy, engine durability and vehicle reliability between the Toyota Sienna 2004 -2007 model. Urgent response pls. .thanks
Re: Best Toyota Sienna 2004 - 2007 by dicksonadams(m): 12:02pm On May 27, 2020
Cc boss nurey
Re: Best Toyota Sienna 2004 - 2007 by nurey(m): 12:21pm On May 27, 2020
JustJosh24:
Please, I need and advice on buying a Toyota sienna, which one is best for it's value considering fuel economy, engine durability and vehicle reliability between the Toyota Sienna 2004 -2007 model. Urgent response pls. .thanks

07 should have the 3.5L

06 to 04 is 3.3L

the 3.5L engine is more expensive than 3.3L but 3.5 has better fuel economy. You can stay away from the AWD sienna as the parts are expensive in the suspension area.

for the trim please watch out for those with run flat tyres as you will probably need to buy fresh sets of tyres in naija and it doesn't come with extra tyre.

Your focus should be the LE trim with second row having the small middle chair and probably automatic doors. if you are lucky it may have rear DVD screen.

goodluck

6 Likes

Re: Best Toyota Sienna 2004 - 2007 by Idaytesj29(m): 1:49pm On Mar 26, 2022
nurey:

07 should have the 3.5L

06 to 04 is 3.3L

the 3.5L engine is more expensive than 3.3L but 3.5 has better fuel economy. You can stay away from the AWD sienna as the parts are expensive in the suspension area.

for the trim please watch out for those with run flat tyres as you will probably need to buy fresh sets of tyres in naija and it doesn't come with extra tyre.

Your focus should be the LE trim with second row having the small middle chair and probably automatic doors. if you are lucky it may have rear DVD screen.

goodluck

@Nurey boss, what do you mean by "Run Flat Tyre"?

I am considering the XLE trim of the vehicle, is it the same as AWD?
Re: Best Toyota Sienna 2004 - 2007 by nurey(m): 2:55pm On Mar 26, 2022
Idaytesj29:

@Nurey boss, what do you mean by "Run Flat Tyre"?

I am considering the XLE trim of the vehicle, is it the same as AWD?

Run flat tyres are tyres that can still be used after they are deflated, they can still move a considerable amount of distance before you stop and have them fixed. They are not so great here in naija seemsnthey can't be fixed when spoilt.

XLE trim is extra luxurious edition just a trim meaning the vehicle in question is well loaded with luxurious offerings.

AWD is all wheel drive meaning vehicle has a back axle which assist the front wheels when vehicle loses traction or when the two front wheels a stucked.
Re: Best Toyota Sienna 2004 - 2007 by chiefbuchiV12(m): 3:31pm On Mar 26, 2022
nurey:

07 should have the 3.5L

06 to 04 is 3.3L

goodluck
Thought the 3.5l engine has a better fuel economy than the the 3.3l
Oha gazzuzz abeg come shed not light
Re: Best Toyota Sienna 2004 - 2007 by Idaytesj29(m): 3:44pm On Mar 26, 2022
nurey:

Run flat tyres are tyres that can still be used after they are deflated, they can still move a considerable amount of distance before you stop and have them fixed. They are not so great here in naija seemsnthey can't be fixed when spoilt.

XLE trim is extra luxurious edition just a trim meaning the vehicle in question is well loaded with luxurious offerings.

AWD is all wheel drive meaning vehicle has a back axle which assist the front wheels when vehicle loses traction or when the two front wheels a stucked.

Thanks for educating me on this. I am starting my business this year. Which is a transport business Lagos to Abuja. I discover that Sienna is the most popular on this route after the Toyota Hiace Buses.

I have started speaking to some willing Car dealers who may be interested in Hire Purchase deals. I usually tell them I want Sienna XLE 4 wheel drive 2007 to 10 without really knowing the details of the XLE. Thats why I was quick to ask you.

Thanks once again.
Re: Best Toyota Sienna 2004 - 2007 by Idaytesj29(m): 3:46pm On Mar 26, 2022
chiefbuchiV12:

I was surprised as well to read that the 3.5 has more fuel economy than the 3.3L

Nurey is an expert, an educated one. So, I will align with his opinion.

Gazzuzz may share his too sha.
Re: Best Toyota Sienna 2004 - 2007 by nurey(m): 6:39pm On Mar 26, 2022
chiefbuchiV12:

For the fuel economy seems its model dependent not same across board.

Users say 3.3 is more fuel efficient in sienna than 3.5 while 3.5 is more efficient in lexus than 3.3

3 Likes

Re: Best Toyota Sienna 2004 - 2007 by sonety2k(m): 6:44pm On Mar 26, 2022
nurey:

07 should have the 3.5L

06 to 04 is 3.3L

goodluck

Nice One Baba
Re: Best Toyota Sienna 2004 - 2007 by nurey(m): 6:49pm On Mar 26, 2022
Idaytesj29:

Thanks for educating me on this. I am starting my business this year. Which is a transport business Lagos to Abuja. I discover that Sienna is the most popular on this route after the Toyota Hiace Buses.

I have started speaking to some willing Car dealers who may be interested in Hire Purchase deals. I usually tell them I want Sienna XLE 4 wheel drive 2007 to 10 without really knowing the details of the XLE. Thats why I was quick to ask you.

Thanks once again.

Tell them you want a sienna from 2004 to 2010 LE or CE with 8 seatings. The 8 seater has the 3rd seat standard while others are majorly 7 seater.

Stay away from AWD variant you don't need it
XLE, limited and touring would be very expensive because of offering.

LE should be better as it would have factory leather and roof rack.

CE may not have roof rack, it may be non factory tint so no need for tint permit but it mostly.has the 8 seater option and no power button for the sliding doors.

For a transporter to balance functionality with price, I would say focus on the LE trim.

If I was a transporter I would only buy a sienna with 3.3 engine and manage myself with timing belt change intervals.

The 3.5 is all aluminum over heating can destroy it, it is fitted with timing chain a plus for it but then if the rubber hose oil cooler hasn't been changed and it fails on motion that one nah village pipu things grin

2 Likes

Re: Best Toyota Sienna 2004 - 2007 by Idaytesj29(m): 6:54pm On Mar 26, 2022
nurey:

Tell them you want a sienna from 2004 to 2010 LE or CE with 8 seatings. The 8 seater has the 3rd seat standard while others are majorly 7 seater.

CE may not have roof rack, it may be non factory tint so no need for tint permit but it mostly.has the 8 seater option and no power button for the sliding doors.

For a transporter to balance functionality with price, I would say focus on the LE trim.

Thanks a lot. I am happy I mentioned you.

In case you have a dealer who is willing to do an HP deal. pls do not hesitate to contact me a beg.

My no is: zero eight zero three eight eight four eight seven six four.

Thanks
Re: Best Toyota Sienna 2004 - 2007 by Idaytesj29(m): 6:59pm On Mar 26, 2022
nurey:

If I was a transporter I would only buy a sienna with 3.3 engine and manage myself with timing belt change intervals.

The 3.5 is all aluminum over heating can destroy it, it is fitted with timing chain a plus for it but then if the rubber hose oil cooler hasn't been changed and it fails on motion that one nah village pipu things grin

The one wey you add na problem ooo. Wait, the 3.3 L engine, when it cuts belt, does it bend the engine valves ?

For the 3.5L, is it not better to just change the fan to direct, buy bigger radiator and if possible bigger fan? Your response pls
Re: Best Toyota Sienna 2004 - 2007 by Idaytesj29(m): 7:00pm On Mar 26, 2022
nurey:

The rubber hose oil cooler is attached to the engine right?
Re: Best Toyota Sienna 2004 - 2007 by Conner44: 7:10pm On Mar 26, 2022
Op just get a sienna 3.3L engine CE without the AWD package if you’re sure you want to use it mainly for business. With extra 40k you can then mount DVD and it will be standard.

All those driving the 3.5l with AWD are totally missing the fuel economy advantage of the vehicle.
Re: Best Toyota Sienna 2004 - 2007 by nurey(m): 7:09am On Mar 27, 2022
Idaytesj29:

The one wey you add na problem ooo. Wait, the 3.3 L engine, when it cuts belt, does it bend the engine valves ?
Yes, that's why you have to do its timely maintenance as at when due not managing things.

For the 3.5L, is it not better to just change the fan to direct, buy bigger radiator and if possible bigger fan? Your response pls
Do not attempt to do so, always be observant of the temp gauge when it is exceeding the optimum mark, stop and check what's wrong

1 Like

Re: Best Toyota Sienna 2004 - 2007 by nurey(m): 7:09am On Mar 27, 2022
Idaytesj29:

The rubber hose oil cooler is attached to the engine right?

Yes
Re: Best Toyota Sienna 2004 - 2007 by Idaytesj29(m): 9:27am On Mar 27, 2022
[quote author=nurey post=111405191][/quote]

Thanks Boss. When the car aspect is finalized. I will bring it to you for initial finetuning before putting it on the road.
Re: Best Toyota Sienna 2004 - 2007 by nurey(m): 4:02pm On Mar 27, 2022
Idaytesj29:

Thanks Boss. When the car aspect is finalized. I will bring it to you for initial finetuning before putting it on the road.

I am not a mechanic also I don't run a repair shop grin
Re: Best Toyota Sienna 2004 - 2007 by Idaytesj29(m): 4:27pm On Mar 27, 2022
nurey:

I am not a mechanic also I don't run a repair shop grin

Wow! How did you become so vast? None the less, I will still locate you after getting the vehicle. A little maintenance tip from you will be handy. Thanks boss
Re: Best Toyota Sienna 2004 - 2007 by nurey(m): 4:33pm On Mar 27, 2022
Idaytesj29:

Wow! How did you become so vast? None the less, I will still locate you after getting the vehicle. A little maintenance tip from you will be handy. Thanks boss

Car do me shege had to learn by force
Re: Best Toyota Sienna 2004 - 2007 by Idaytesj29(m): 4:43pm On Mar 27, 2022
nurey:

Car do me shege had to learn by force

Was it for personal use or business? Was it the 3.3 or 3.5 that you used?
Re: Best Toyota Sienna 2004 - 2007 by nurey(m): 6:55pm On Mar 27, 2022
Idaytesj29:

Was it for personal use or business? Was it the 3.3 or 3.5 that you used?

Personal. I never personally owned those variant of sienna. Am talking about different cars entirely
Re: Best Toyota Sienna 2004 - 2007 by Idaytesj29(m): 7:50pm On Mar 27, 2022
nurey:

Personal. I never personally owned those variant of sienna. Am talking about different cars entirely

Okay. Different car, same engine

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help My Car / Clean Registered 04 Toyota Camry Available / Volvo S80

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.