Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,035 members, 7,821,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

SEO And SEM!!! (basic Fun Things To Know About Them) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / SEO And SEM!!! (basic Fun Things To Know About Them) (250 Views)

Sem Finance / SEO And SEM What Is The Difference? / 8 Fun Things To Do At Home This Easter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SEO And SEM!!! (basic Fun Things To Know About Them) by MARYFAWOLE: 10:39am On May 27, 2020
Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing

Do you want to make money faster? Do you feel like you’re getting fewer customers/ clients by the day and you want a solution to that? Let me answer on my side, I do and I actually did until I learned about digital marketing and I’m certain that you reading this right now do too. You’d have to agree with me that the world has gone digital, I mean it was until I took to this knowledge I started getting solutions to my slow marketing problems. Everyone is on their phones, tablets, computers these days that they hardly ever notice people selling on the roadside or somewhere close to their residence because they saw an ad online about goods and services that you probably give better but are lacking behind just because you’re not an online marketer, it sucks right?. Digital marketing is the solution to that problem, where you make people know about your services, track how your sales are going, if you’re using the right words when making an ad, know if you’re doing anything wrong and can even get your customers to order for your goods from the convenience of their homes, offices e.t.c.

SEO and SEM are key processes that are involved in digital marketing and are very easily mistaken for each other, some people even think they’re the same. I will be assisting you to break them both down, so you know the basic things about them, their differences and similarities.

SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is known as natural or organic results, to further break this down, it refers to the process of increasing the quality and quantity of website traffic by increasing the visibility of a website or a web page to users of a web search engine but its totally free!. The major difference between SEM and SEO. All major search engines such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo have primary search results, where web pages and other content such as videos or local listings are shown and ranked based on what the search engine considers most relevant to users

SEM (Search Engine Marketing) is also referred to as the following; Paid search ads, Paid Advertising (which just assumes you know it’s on searches), PPC (Pay-per-click). I’m sure its other names must have given you insights on what SEM is about but in any case, I’d have to enlighten you some more so you really understand and get the concept. It may seem very broad. It has actually come to mean a very specific type of marketing on search engines that’s paid search, you know that right? From the other names mentioned, quite easy you’d agree. The most commonly known and used paid search tool is Google Ads. Although, Bing or Yahoo may also be worth your time and money. Something you might not know yet though is that you only have to pay your ad is clicked on, so if your ad isn’t clicked on, you don’t have to pay. Isn’t that really cool?. You’ll also want to learn terms that are used often when discussing SEM. Through them, you’ll better understand how SEM works. Some of the most important ones include:
Impressions — How many times your ad was visible on a screen. It doesn’t actually mean the person saw it.
CPC (cost-per-click) — how much you pay when someone clicks your ad
CPM (Cost per million impressions) — This is another way to pay for a search ad. Depending on your goals and how the ad tool is set up, you may want to pay just to be seen.
CTR (click-through-rate) — the number of clicks you got to your website from people that saw the ad, even if they didn’t click on the actual ad itself.
Comparison between SEO and SEM
They are not the same as I stated earlier But it’s not really SEO vs SEM either. They actually do work together closely as a team. SEO is search engine optimization. With SEO, you take certain steps to help your website appear higher in the organic search results in Google.
For example, when someone searches for “Family portrait photographers”, Google determines which web page can best answer that question. It then ranks the pages according to how sure it is that page can answer that question, you dig?.
Google’s goal is that you find what you’re looking for at the top of page 1 in search results. SEO is about positioning your website so that Google determines that you’re the best website to answer the question.
By contrast, with SEM, you bid on the keyword phrase “Family portrait photographers”. If you win the bid, your ad will show up on page one instantly. And even at the top if you bid enough and meet Google’s requirements.
In this ad, you would write something ‘catchy’ that compels a person to click on that ad.
Many people ask if SEO is still important when SEM is your primary marketing method. The answer to this is: Absolutely!
For starters, part of SEO is making sure your site is fast and user-friendly. You need this for SEM as well. If it isn’t, you’ll waste money on that click.
On top of this, Google has a system in place called Quality Score. If they see that people click. Then they leave because of a bad experience, they charge you more for each click.
Secondly, SEO is a long game. When you appear in more searches organically, you can focus your SEM efforts on other keywords to expand your reach.

Now you might be wondering “so how does all that I've read going to help my small business?”
Let’s take a look!
1. It’s Instant Brand Awareness in Search Engines
2. It Can Generate Revenues Quickly
3. It Grows with Your Business
4. It Reaches People in the Right Place & Time
5. It Reaches your Prime Target.
I know you must have some more questions, make sure to visit premiumdigital.com.ng so your digital marketing thirst can be quenched. Oh, we have virtual classes on-going, call 08034410736 or visit premiumdigital.com.ng for more enquiries. Thank you for reading.

1 Like

Re: SEO And SEM!!! (basic Fun Things To Know About Them) by nsrep: 4:49pm On Sep 08, 2020
Ometv001:
I know a good SEO expert. It can be said that he works with a low budget compared to the majority.
SEO Expert : https://ismetyildirancinar.com.tr

the most affordable my boss used is niospace. their seo services are effective and their prices aren't outrageous

(1) (Reply)

Stomach Ulcer Effect And Cure / Aijay's Corner Youtube Channel.. / Ladies!!! Let's See How You Prefer Your Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.