Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,278 members, 7,811,827 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

The Money In My Account Keeps Increasing Mysteriously!! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Money In My Account Keeps Increasing Mysteriously!! (1332 Views)

My Upwork account keeps getting rejected - help! / FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC / 4 Reasons The Rich Keeps Getting Richer - How You Can Join Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Money In My Account Keeps Increasing Mysteriously!! by ChiefZaddy: 11:37am On May 27, 2020
I don't know how. I've been seeing an increase in the amount of money I have in my account since two days ago. Some days ago, my balance increased by #1050, no alerts or anything.
This morning, I saw additional #700 in my account, no credit alert, SMS, email or anything.

Should I abandon the account or report to GTBank?

I need your inputs. Thanks.
Re: The Money In My Account Keeps Increasing Mysteriously!! by Davash222(m): 11:38am On May 27, 2020
ChiefZaddy:
I don't know how. I've been seeing an increase in the amount of money I have in my account since two days ago. Some days ago, my balance increased by #1050, no alerts or anything.
This morning, I saw additional #700 in my account, no credit alert, SMS, email or anything.

Seems you don't like good things

3 Likes

Re: The Money In My Account Keeps Increasing Mysteriously!! by VickyRotex(f): 11:43am On May 27, 2020
Hmmmmm if you spend the money without inquiring why you got it in the first place, your next topic on NL will be:

"The money in my account keeps decreasing mysteriously." undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: The Money In My Account Keeps Increasing Mysteriously!! by Xristars(m): 11:46am On May 27, 2020
Hmm. positive increase. I advice you put the account under observation for a while if bank no collect am back. Na your dividend. Enjoy.

1 Like

Re: The Money In My Account Keeps Increasing Mysteriously!! by famouscargo4u: 11:47am On May 27, 2020
The truth is that most bankers are fraudsters. That's what we call "Salami technique" They deduct little amount of money here and there and put same in an account so as to remove later. That was how my friend got credited of 39500 on a Friday evening . Because he didn't have ATM, he waited till Monday morning only to discover that the money is no longer in his account. He requested bank statement, there was no trace of the money still.
Re: The Money In My Account Keeps Increasing Mysteriously!! by Ningen(m): 12:01pm On May 27, 2020
Contact your bank. Don't stay ignorant.
Re: The Money In My Account Keeps Increasing Mysteriously!! by ChiefZaddy: 12:40pm On May 27, 2020
Davash222:

Seems you don't like good things
Money I didn't work for?

1 Like

Re: The Money In My Account Keeps Increasing Mysteriously!! by ChiefZaddy: 12:41pm On May 27, 2020
Ningen:
Contact your bank. Don't stay ignorant.

I'll contact them on Twitter. There's lockdown in my state.
Re: The Money In My Account Keeps Increasing Mysteriously!! by ChiefZaddy: 12:42pm On May 27, 2020
famouscargo4u:
The truth is that most bankers are fraudsters. That's what we call "Salami technique" They deduct little amount of money here and there and put same in an account so as to remove later. That was how my friend got credited of 39500 on a Friday evening . Because he didn't have ATM, he waited till Monday morning only to discover that the money is no longer in his account. He requested bank statement, there was no trace of the money still.
Exactly. I requested for my banking statement from my GT App, there's no trace of any money received from anyone except my previous transactions.
Re: The Money In My Account Keeps Increasing Mysteriously!! by ChiefZaddy: 12:44pm On May 27, 2020
VickyRotex:
Hmmmmm if you spend the money without inquiring why you got it in the first place, your next topic on NL will be:

"The money in my account keeps decreasing mysteriously." undecided undecided
Lol. I don't want to be involved in fraud ni.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Money In My Account Keeps Increasing Mysteriously!! by ChiefZaddy: 12:46pm On May 27, 2020
Xristars:
Hmm. positive increase. I advice you put the account under observation for a while if bank no collect am back. Na your dividend. Enjoy.
I'll move my own money to another account.
Re: The Money In My Account Keeps Increasing Mysteriously!! by Xristars(m): 12:49pm On May 27, 2020
ChiefZaddy:
I'll move my own money to another account.
better!
Re: The Money In My Account Keeps Increasing Mysteriously!! by VickyRotex(f): 5:06pm On May 27, 2020
ChiefZaddy:
Lol. I don't want to be involved in fraud ni.

Exactly! That's why you need to investigate the source. Don't spend it. cool
Re: The Money In My Account Keeps Increasing Mysteriously!! by dfrost: 5:12pm On May 27, 2020
ChiefZaddy:

Report to GTB asap. Fraud allegation no be small thing. Maybe or maybe not, they are testing waters with your account. Don't fall into the trap. Blow alarm, shout, make noise please.

VickyRotex brought me here cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Money In My Account Keeps Increasing Mysteriously!! by VickyRotex(f): 5:17pm On May 27, 2020
dfrost:

Report to GTB asap. Fraud allegation no be small thing. Maybe or maybe not, they are testing waters with your account. Don't fall into the trap. Blow alarm, shout, make noise please.

VickyRotex brought me here cheesy

cheesy I should get award for sharing grin

I echo blow alarm, shout, make noise grin grin
Re: The Money In My Account Keeps Increasing Mysteriously!! by Shukusheka(m): 5:23pm On May 27, 2020
it's been just two days and the supposed increase is just N1,850 which is barely material. You might be surprised those credits are reversals of charges wrongly debited into your account which are just being reconciled. I'd advise you wait a few more days to see if these mysterious credits in your account continues, if it happens at least 4 or 5 times, you should email Gtbank customer service notifying them of the irregularities going on in your account. Should the credit persists, and the customer service do not reply your email, you send them a reminder. (I will tell you why communication via mail is important later).

Wait after a month and see if your account is still being credited but please don't touch the money. If after a month the irregularities still continues and your account is still receiving money steady, baba that money is now your own. grin grin Buy suya with everything..
If you spend the money, the bank has nothing against you since you already notified them and nothing was done about it.
Re: The Money In My Account Keeps Increasing Mysteriously!! by iCauseTrouble: 5:51pm On May 27, 2020
Just keep observing the account till millions enter it. By that time, you will know what to do grin
Re: The Money In My Account Keeps Increasing Mysteriously!! by ChiefZaddy: 7:10pm On May 27, 2020
Shukusheka:
it's been just two days and the supposed increase is just N1,850 which is barely material. You might be surprised those credits are reversals of charges wrongly debited into your account which are just being reconciled. I'd advise you wait a few more days to see if these mysterious credits in your account continues, if it happens at least 4 or 5 times, you should email Gtbank customer service notifying them of the irregularities going on in your account. Should the credit persists, and the customer service do not reply your email, you send them a reminder. (I will tell you why communication via mail is important later).

Wait after a month and see if your account is still being credited but please don't touch the money. If after a month the irregularities still continues and your account is still receiving money steady, baba that money is now your own. grin grin Buy suya with everything..
If you spend the money, the bank has nothing against you since you already notified them and nothing was done about it.
You might be right.
Re: The Money In My Account Keeps Increasing Mysteriously!! by ChiefZaddy: 7:13pm On May 27, 2020
Now, the money is being debited by Flutterwave. I'm guessing it's wrong refund. The amounts being debited are actually the amounts I spend in purchasing data online.
The account is reading in minus. I'm scared of adding money to the account.
Re: The Money In My Account Keeps Increasing Mysteriously!! by Shukusheka(m): 7:18pm On May 27, 2020
ChiefZaddy:
Now, the money is being debited by Flutterwave. I'm guessing it's wrong refund. The amounts being debited are actually the amounts I spend in purchasing data online.
The account is reading in minus. I'm scared of adding money to the account.
You might want to shade off your account number from the picture you posted. It is too sensitive an information to be sharing online.
Re: The Money In My Account Keeps Increasing Mysteriously!! by ChiefZaddy: 7:42pm On May 27, 2020
Shukusheka:
You might want to shade off your account number from the picture you posted. It is too sensitive an information to be sharing online.
Thanks, I've done that. I've tweeted Flutterwave and GTB with evidence.
Re: The Money In My Account Keeps Increasing Mysteriously!! by ChiefZaddy: 7:43pm On May 27, 2020
I've tweeted Flutterwave and GTB. Right now, my account is reading in minus and I'm still being debited.
Re: The Money In My Account Keeps Increasing Mysteriously!! by ChiefZaddy: 8:24pm On May 27, 2020
Flutterwave replied me on Twitter saying they don't carry out transactions without the user's consent. I searched Nairaland and saw cases of illegal deductions from Flutterwave. GTBank is yet to reply. The account is reading negative, I've abandoned it. cry
Re: The Money In My Account Keeps Increasing Mysteriously!! by usefullchinex: 10:59pm On May 27, 2020
learn to trade signals without losing whatapp me for more 09076646116
Re: The Money In My Account Keeps Increasing Mysteriously!! by Nobody: 12:32am On May 28, 2020
ChiefZaddy:
Flutterwave replied me on Twitter saying they don't carry out transactions without the user's consent. I searched Nairaland and saw cases of illegal deductions from Flutterwave. GTBank is yet to reply. The account is reading negative, I've abandoned it. cry
This big companies make the most crimes.
Take note
Re: The Money In My Account Keeps Increasing Mysteriously!! by ChiefZaddy: 12:35pm On May 28, 2020
Update
I filled the Web dispense error form on their app and they replied me this afternoon.

(1) (Reply)

Laundry And Dry Cleaning Services / ,....... / Abeg How Can One Make Money As A Student??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.