Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,714 members, 7,809,705 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

My Phone Won't Charge Unless I Power It On - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Phone Won't Charge Unless I Power It On (896 Views)

My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% / My Infinix Note 4 Is Not Charging Unless I Switch It Off.... Help / My phone won't charge with wall charger but charges slowly withcomputer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Phone Won't Charge Unless I Power It On by Princewell2012(m): 12:40pm On May 28, 2020
If the phone is in the off position it will not charge but when I power it on it will begin to charge. It is infinix x551. Please who have come across this? Thank you.
Re: My Phone Won't Charge Unless I Power It On by NaijaDonCast(m): 12:56pm On May 28, 2020
I'm having the same issue still using infinix x551 only powers when it off what could be the problem
Re: My Phone Won't Charge Unless I Power It On by Princewell2012(m): 3:15pm On May 28, 2020
NaijaDonCast:
I'm having the same issue still using infinix x551 only powers when it off what could be the problem

You mean you still charge your own when it is off?

Mine unless i on it before i can charge it.
Re: My Phone Won't Charge Unless I Power It On by Princewell2012(m): 3:16pm On May 28, 2020
Some should tell me what to do please.
Re: My Phone Won't Charge Unless I Power It On by Princewell2012(m): 5:39pm On May 28, 2020
Hi
Re: My Phone Won't Charge Unless I Power It On by theoneJabulani(m): 8:14pm On May 28, 2020
Princewell2012:
Some should tell me what to do please.
you might not get the solution you seek because the transsion marketers who adviced you to get the phone will avoid the thread like plague. Anyways try replacing the battery. That's my own advice, I pass the baton to someone else.

3 Likes

Re: My Phone Won't Charge Unless I Power It On by Edopesin: 8:48pm On May 28, 2020
Where are Transsion Marketers when you need them?

Op you don buy market, you can try Calcare if you don't mind the time wasting and or potential no solution at cheesy

Next time avoid Transsion
Re: My Phone Won't Charge Unless I Power It On by Meklex(m): 9:12pm On May 28, 2020
I just read the title of this thread and immediately knew it's either Tecno or Infinix and I wasn't wrong.
Re: My Phone Won't Charge Unless I Power It On by NightFood: 10:41pm On May 28, 2020
Las Las na carlcare get you. I hope they respond to you sharply
Re: My Phone Won't Charge Unless I Power It On by YangaBabe: 1:20pm On May 29, 2020
NightFood:
Las Las na carlcare get you. I hope they respond to you sharply

That's another thing. Giving customers prompt response and critical
Re: My Phone Won't Charge Unless I Power It On by Idiotmod: 1:59pm On May 29, 2020
I knew its infinix before I opened the thread. Na the charging port or charger b the problem
Re: My Phone Won't Charge Unless I Power It On by eki2000(m): 2:55pm On May 29, 2020
My brother, it is panel that is dieing gradually, you might still have 4 months to go before it is gone. I am saying this out of experience with my former Gionee and Tecno phones. At this point these problems are not repairable.
Re: My Phone Won't Charge Unless I Power It On by sunshineV(f): 5:14pm On May 29, 2020
You are welcome to carlcare how can we help you?

Re: My Phone Won't Charge Unless I Power It On by princemillla(m): 7:28pm On May 29, 2020
Op go and change ur down board. It's simple case.

Have a nice day
Re: My Phone Won't Charge Unless I Power It On by Princewell2012(m): 6:36pm On May 31, 2020
theoneJabulani:
you might not get the solution you seek because the transsion marketers who adviced you to get the phone will avoid the thread like plague. Anyways try replacing the battery. That's my own advice, I pass the baton to someone else.

I have just bought a new battery, change the suboard yet still the same. Maybe is the panel. I even changed the charging flex that is connected to the up panel.
Re: My Phone Won't Charge Unless I Power It On by Princewell2012(m): 6:39pm On May 31, 2020
princemillla:
Op go and change ur down board. It's simple case.

Have a nice day

Thank you. I have done that, still the same. May be it is the charging Ic in the up panel.
Re: My Phone Won't Charge Unless I Power It On by Princewell2012(m): 6:51pm On May 31, 2020
sunshineV:
You are welcome to carlcare how can we help you?

Oh am so sorry I didn't see it on time. When ever I power my phone on it will charge but not a normal charging. Because it charges like a normal button phone moving up and down. The normal Android charging will only indicate that sign of charging z.
But the main problem is when I shut it down it will only show battery and the battery will not charge. I have change the battery, change the subboard but the problem still continue. I don't know what else to do. I don't have money to buy a new phone.
Re: My Phone Won't Charge Unless I Power It On by sunshineV(f): 10:33pm On May 31, 2020
Princewell2012:

Oh am so sorry I didn't see it on time. When ever I power my phone on it will charge but not a normal charging. Because it charges like a normal button phone moving up and down. The normal Android charging will only indicate that sign of charging z.
But the main problem is when I shut

it down it will only show battery and the battery will not charge. I have change the battery, change the subboard but the problem still continue. I don't know what else to do. I don't have money to buy a new phone.

I don't know much u really need to visit carlcare office

awoo47

1 Like

Re: My Phone Won't Charge Unless I Power It On by bravesoul247(m): 7:56am On Jun 01, 2020
Princewell2012:
If the phone is in the off position it will not charge but when I power it on it will begin to charge. It is infinix x551. Please who have come across this? Thank you.
visit Carlcare or any other phone Repairer.
Re: My Phone Won't Charge Unless I Power It On by princemillla(m): 7:57am On Jun 01, 2020
Princewell2012:

Thank you. I have done that, still the same. May be it is the charging Ic in the up panel.

Have the charging Ic workrd on. May be replace or bypass

(1) (Reply)

God bless you / How Do I Remove App Shorcuts From Home Screen Infinix Note 4 Pro / Just In,tecno Spark 7 To Arrive On 9th April With 6,000 Mah Battery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.