Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% (12076 Views)

MTN, Globacom, Airtel, 9mobile Crash Data Price By 33.3% / Infinix Hot S Won't Charge / My phone won't charge with wall charger but charges slowly withcomputer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by Revealix: 8:19pm On Jan 09, 2023
My iphone 7 started restarting by itself yesterday, it will work for like a minute and restart again so I thought probably it's the battery misbehaving.

I allowed the battery to run down with the hope that it'll reset itself if I charge it from 0 but the hope was dashed when the battery failed to charge more than 3% for hours.

Note that the battery health is 100%.

Has anyone experienced this or do you have an idea what could be the problem and how to fix it?
Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by L0wk3y(m): 8:34pm On Jan 09, 2023
Is it a new phone? If not how long have you had it for?

2 Likes

Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by Tobijays: 12:23am On Jan 10, 2023
Did you just get the phone ? I had this issue when I got iPhone 8 in 2018 from one jiji seller, phone was refurbished and the battery tweaked to 100%! get a refund because that is a software issue bro

15 Likes

Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by dustmalik: 1:39am On Jan 10, 2023
What are the chances that an iPhone 7 that came out 7 years ago, has a battery health of 100%? That should have been a red flag for you.

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by Bossman(m): 1:52am On Jan 10, 2023
That device does NOT have a 100% battery health. You have been misled.
Revealix:
My iphone 7 started restarting by itself yesterday, it will work for like a minute and restart again so I thought probably it's the battery misbehaving.

26 Likes

Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by visaclick: 3:15am On Jan 10, 2023
That phone is dead already, just get another one asap. That's how all iPhone 7 dies including mine 3years ago.. It usually starts with you replacing the battery up to like 3times before that boot issue finally kills it. I lost important work data that cost me millions. Since then I never used an iPhone again and I'm not sure I will, maybe as a 3rd phone but not will I trust any useful data on an iPhone again coz till date I still suffer the loss.
iPhone is for the new generation, u can't find someone who value his data using only an iPhone, I haven't. It's for show off, nothing gets done with it

91 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by Heroicvic(m): 10:51am On Jan 10, 2023
Come and buy my Tecno pop2 power
E dey charge 200%

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:52am On Jan 10, 2023
Check the Integrated circuit,
That's where the problem lies.

Meanwhile,
From IPhone to 0Phone

From all of us at [b][/b]

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by house10studios: 10:52am On Jan 10, 2023
Get a new battery

2 Likes

Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by Nobody: 10:53am On Jan 10, 2023
Go get it diagnosed and fixed at a credible repair place.

2 Likes

Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by updatechange(m): 10:53am On Jan 10, 2023
Dem they buy new iPhone for Nigeria?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by Jeezuzpick(m): 10:53am On Jan 10, 2023
Revealix:

I allowed the battery to run down with the hope that it'll reset itself if I charge it from 0 but the hope was dashed when the battery failed to charge more than 3% for hours.

Has anyone experienced this or do you have an idea what could be the problem and how to fix it?

Maybe buy another phone?

Android this time!
angry

3 Likes

Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by Hendrixky: 10:53am On Jan 10, 2023
Hmmmm
Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by RadioMOUTH(m): 10:54am On Jan 10, 2023
You get mind o, phone of over how many years and you expect a %100 battery… that’s a refurbished phone

6 Likes

Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by Kingv(m): 10:54am On Jan 10, 2023
The I.C (Integrated Circuit) responsible for charging is damaged. Meet an engineer to change it for you

3 Likes

Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by sukkot: 10:54am On Jan 10, 2023
na village pipo be dat. 3 is the devil hour

2 Likes

Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by BigYash: 10:54am On Jan 10, 2023
visaclick:
That phone is dead already, just get another one asap. That's how all iPhone 7 dies including mine 3years ago.. It usually starts with you replacing the battery up to like 3times before that boot issue finally kills it. I lost important work data that cost me millions. Since then I never used an iPhone again and I'm not sure I will, maybe as a 3rd phone but not will I trust any useful data on an iPhone again coz till date I still suffer the loss.
iPhone is for the new generation, u can't find someone who value his data using only an iPhone, I haven't. It's for show off, nothing gets done with it
Na Bold 5 do me shege like this years ago.. I lost so many things with the phone.. Since then,I no dey use backing up of datas on phone play
Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by SirJerrie(m): 10:55am On Jan 10, 2023
Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by MrEgwim: 10:56am On Jan 10, 2023
Revealix:

Change the down panel and thank me later

Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by Tinymayour: 10:57am On Jan 10, 2023
Lmao... Consult Oracle or ...I'm.coming
Revealix:

Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by paradigmshift(m): 10:57am On Jan 10, 2023
Go n buy Xiaomi tongue
Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by truthCoder: 10:58am On Jan 10, 2023
visaclick:

All iPhone 7? Really?

You dont lose data on an iPhone if you know what you are doing. Heard of iCloud?

If your data is iso important, you back it up.

Your last paragraph surmises your circle

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by Wakando: 10:58am On Jan 10, 2023
Revealix:

change the charging port
Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by femijamz: 10:59am On Jan 10, 2023
The battery did not clip very well or u change the battery. If the same problem persist that means the charging IC is bad

3 Likes

Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by SirJerrie(m): 11:01am On Jan 10, 2023
visaclick:
That phone is dead already, just get another one asap. That's how all iPhone 7 dies including mine 3years ago.. It usually starts with you replacing the battery up to like 3times before that boot issue finally kills it. lost important work data that cost me millions.

You had Data that'd make you lose "Millions" if lost and you didn't think to backup on the CLOUDS?? For this present day?? With an iPhone 7??

2 Likes

Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by ipobarecriminals: 11:01am On Jan 10, 2023
grin Angry and bitterness Hiphone lipsrsealed
Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by olisaEze(m): 11:03am On Jan 10, 2023
Be like the  wen dey the phone don finally fall far from the tree. grin

Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by Nairalander248: 11:04am On Jan 10, 2023
Virus
Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by Smile4mee01: 11:04am On Jan 10, 2023
Brother,

Na eyePhone you get o , not Iphone.

Only a serious note, once phone don dey get malaria prepare to dey buy new one not used o.

Buy new phone to avoid phone issues for the next few years, na Nigeria you go hear used phone better pass new one.

Revealix:

1 Like

Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by Lanretoye(m): 11:04am On Jan 10, 2023
Tobijays:
Did you just get the phone ? I had this issue when I got iPhone 8 in 2018 from one jiji seller, phone was refurbished and the battery tweaked to 100%! get a refund because that is a software issue bro
must u comment on every thread?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Long Have You Used Your Current Smart Phone ? / Help! I Can't Attach Files From My Yahoo Mobile! / How To Recharge Over-scratched MTN Recharge Card Without Speaking With Agent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.