Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,362 members, 7,815,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

I Lost My Sense Of Smell And Taste. What Is Happening? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Lost My Sense Of Smell And Taste. What Is Happening? (708 Views)

Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? / How Can I Recover Back My Sense Of Taste And Smell? / Your Vagina Should Smell And If Your Man Doesn't Like It DUMP Him, Gynecologist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Lost My Sense Of Smell And Taste. What Is Happening? by PabloTehnyson(m): 3:42pm On May 28, 2020
Hello All, Good day...

I'll make this brief..

I reside in Bayelsa State, and for the past Two days now, I haven't been able to smell and it's also as if I can't taste anything. I walked past a dump site yesterday, and I ALWAYS hold my nose whenever I'm walking past one, but I was surprised that I couldn't even smell anything.. no odour emanated from the dump site..I tried same thing today but it persists....I purposely even added excess salt to the food I ate this morning, but still no taste..is this only happening to me? I know for sure that I mention a good oral hygiene and my nostrils is not even blocked with mucus, so what could be happening?

I had malaria symptoms since the start of this week, but I don't cough and neither do I feel weak(only feel breathy and tired right after my morning exercises). I don't have difficulty breathing too.

Thoughts? I'm lost here
Re: I Lost My Sense Of Smell And Taste. What Is Happening? by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 28, 2020
Please call NCDC.
Re: I Lost My Sense Of Smell And Taste. What Is Happening? by Freestainworld(m): 3:47pm On May 28, 2020
you are suffering from tastelessness
Re: I Lost My Sense Of Smell And Taste. What Is Happening? by nero2face: 3:50pm On May 28, 2020
it's either ur having malaria or u bought made in Aba salt without taste of salt...Lol, and maybe ur state is clean and the dump sites don't smell...
Re: I Lost My Sense Of Smell And Taste. What Is Happening? by illicit(m): 4:01pm On May 28, 2020
I think the govt is paying Covid19 patients.

These one everybody has stopped smelling and tasting....

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Sense Of Smell And Taste. What Is Happening? by Jakumo(m): 4:15pm On May 28, 2020
PabloTehnyson:
Hello All, Good day...

I'll make this brief..

I reside in Bayelsa State, and for the past Two days now, I haven't been able to smell and it's also as if I can't taste anything. I walked past a dump site yesterday, and I ALWAYS hold my nose whenever I'm walking past one, but I was surprised that I couldn't even smell anything.. no odour emanated from the dump site..I tried same thing today but it persists....I purposely even added excess salt to the food I ate this morning, but still no taste..is this only happening to me? I know for sure that I mention a good oral hygiene and my nostrils is not even blocked with mucus, so what could be happening?

I had malaria symptoms since the start of this week, but I don't cough and neither do I feel weak(only feel breathy and tired right after my morning exercises). I don't have difficulty breathing too.

Thoughts? I'm lost here

There is a current thread on this subject here in the Health Section of the forum, that is now going to 14 pages, all with testimony of Nigerians suddenly losing their sense of smell and taste, among other symptoms. This mass experience is NOT a coincidence, and without question AT LEAST 95% of those who suddenly lost their senses of smell and taste, have indeed contracted the Corona virus, as a matter of absolute certainty.

The fact that you are able to sit up and describe your condition online, shows that your symptoms are not severe at this point, meaning you are extremely lucky thus far. Follow isolation guidelines, and do NOT allow yourself to be locked up with other more serious virus victims, in a place where even your feeding will not be assured.

Your secret is safe between you and half a million Nairaland readers, so just hide yourself and play it off like you are performing a religious retreat, and do not wish to be disturbed.

Finally thank Papa God, for dealing you a good hand in the genetics sweepstakes, thereby allowing you to live through this surreal experience.

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Sense Of Smell And Taste. What Is Happening? by PabloTehnyson(m): 4:15pm On May 28, 2020
Freestainworld:
you are suffering from tastelessness

Tastelessness that is actually rampant? Check the other thread on FP..
Re: I Lost My Sense Of Smell And Taste. What Is Happening? by PabloTehnyson(m): 4:20pm On May 28, 2020
nero2face:
it's either ur having malaria or u bought made in Aba salt without taste of salt...Lol, and maybe ur state is clean and the dump sites don't smell...

I can't smell even insecticides and if you say it's Aba salt, how come others can decipher a salty taste but I can't considering the fact that that same salt is what a neighbour borrowed from me to cook
Re: I Lost My Sense Of Smell And Taste. What Is Happening? by PabloTehnyson(m): 4:21pm On May 28, 2020
illicit:
I think the govg is paying Covid19 patients.

These one everybody has stopped smelling and tasting....

Surely you don't know anybody who has lost these senses?
Re: I Lost My Sense Of Smell And Taste. What Is Happening? by Jakumo(m): 4:22pm On May 28, 2020
PabloTehnyson:

I can't smell even insecticides and if you say it's Aba salt, how come others can decipher a salty taste but I can't considering the fact that that same salt is what a neighbour borrowed from me to cook

You dey mind am. For Corona time, even carpenter dey do doctor work, by trial and error.

Check the main topic on this subject, and make up your mind. I am certain that you are feeling a MILD case of Corona virus, that is not likely to make you get sick, but will certainly be remembered when you grow old.
Re: I Lost My Sense Of Smell And Taste. What Is Happening? by StarFist(m): 4:29pm On May 28, 2020
Follow his instructions

Jakumo:

There is a current thread on this subject here in the Health Section of the forum, that is now going to 14 pages, all with testimony of Nigerians suddenly losing their sense of smell and taste, among other symptoms. This mass experience is NOT a coincidence, and without question AT LEAST 95% of those who suddenly lost their senses of smell and taste, have indeed contracted the Corona virus, as a matter of absolute certainty.

The fact that you are able to sit up and describe your condition online, shows that your symptoms are not severe at this point, meaning you are extremely lucky thus far. Follow isolation guidelines, and do NOT allow yourself to be locked up with other more serious virus victims, in a place where even your feeding will not be assured.

Your secret is safe between you and half a million Nairaland readers, so just hide yourself and play it off like you are performing a religious retreat, and do not wish to be disturbed.

Finally thank Papa God, for dealing you a good hand in the genetics sweepstakes, thereby allowing you to live through this surreal experience.
Re: I Lost My Sense Of Smell And Taste. What Is Happening? by illicit(m): 4:30pm On May 28, 2020
PabloTehnyson:

Surely you don't know anybody who has lost these senses?
At all
Re: I Lost My Sense Of Smell And Taste. What Is Happening? by kcowen(m): 7:24pm On May 28, 2020
PabloTehnyson:
Hello All, Good day...

I'll make this brief..

Thoughts? I'm lost here
I had similar case first week of this month,it wasn't funny at all,i put alcohol,insecticide,Kerosene ,and some other harmful substance in my nose i couldnt smell any of it,i can to Nairaland for solution,Sir almost 85% of people here were complaining of the same thing,some even suggested we call the NCDC that its a valid symptoms of Covid19, My neighbourhood i can count more than 25 people who had the same thing,until some who had the same thing here told us how he used ginger and garlic
Buy Ginger and Garlic, Peel off and blend it put it inside an empty Eva bottle ,put water and allow it to ferment to 2 days then take a glass of it morning and night, after 2 days you will even be perceiving people's destiny

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Lost My Sense Of Smell And Taste. What Is Happening? by ChelseaDr(m): 7:48pm On May 28, 2020
It appears loss of sense of smell and taste is a very good prognostic marker for survival and a marker of mild disease.

Hands crossed.

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Sense Of Smell And Taste. What Is Happening? by Kobojunkie: 7:50pm On May 28, 2020
PabloTehnyson:
I walked past a dump site yesterday, and I ALWAYS hold my nose whenever I'm walking past one, but I was surprised that I couldn't even smell anything.. no odour emanated from the dump site..I tried same thing today but it persists....I purposely even added excess salt to the food I ate this morning, but still no taste..is this only happening to me?
This dude has been taking Covid-19 symptoms for a test drive! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

So what do you think? Do you want a cure for just the loss of taste, and not the loss of smell then? grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: I Lost My Sense Of Smell And Taste. What Is Happening? by PabloTehnyson(m): 2:42pm On May 29, 2020
Kobojunkie:

This dude has been taking Covid-19 symptoms for a test drive! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

So what do you think? Do you want a cure for just the loss of taste, and not the loss of smell then? grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Covid-symptoms? But I don't have any other symptoms asides the ones I mentioned.. I do want my sense of smell and taste back though, please what do you suggest I do?
Re: I Lost My Sense Of Smell And Taste. What Is Happening? by PabloTehnyson(m): 2:45pm On May 29, 2020
Jakumo:

You dey mind am. For Corona time, even carpenter dey do doctor work, by trial and error.

Check the main topic on this subject, and make up your mind. I am certain that you are feeling a MILD case of Corona virus, that is not likely to make you get sick, but will certainly be remembered when you grow old.

Remembered when I grow old? Please what do you mean?
Re: I Lost My Sense Of Smell And Taste. What Is Happening? by PabloTehnyson(m): 2:48pm On May 29, 2020
kcowen:

I had similar case first week of this month,it wasn't funny at all,i put alcohol,insecticide,Kerosene ,and some other harmful substance in my nose i couldnt smell any of it,i can to Nairaland for solution,Sir almost 85% of people here were complaining of the same thing,some even suggested we call the NCDC that its a valid symptoms of Covid19, My neighbourhood i can count more than 25 people who had the same thing,until some who had the same thing here told us how he used ginger and garlic
Buy Ginger and Garlic, Peel off and blend it put it inside an empty Eva bottle ,put water and allow it to ferment to 2 days then take a glass of it morning and night, after 2 days you will even be perceiving people's destiny

Thank you!! I will do just that!!
Re: I Lost My Sense Of Smell And Taste. What Is Happening? by PabloTehnyson(m): 2:48pm On May 29, 2020
ChelseaDr:
It appears loss of sense of smell and taste is a very good prognostic marker for survival and a marker of mild disease.

Hands crossed.

Do you happen to know anybody who has experienced such?
Re: I Lost My Sense Of Smell And Taste. What Is Happening? by Jakumo(m): 3:01pm On May 29, 2020
PabloTehnyson:

Remembered when I grow old? Please what do you mean?

That was my way of assuring you that you WILL survive the year 2020, and will live long enough to grow old, when the year 2020 will have become a distant memory.

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Sense Of Smell And Taste. What Is Happening? by ChelseaDr(m): 3:19pm On May 29, 2020
PabloTehnyson:

Do you happen to know anybody who has experienced such?

Yea, many. You can check through this too:

https://www.nairaland.com/5888942/covid-19-loss-sense-smell-possible
Re: I Lost My Sense Of Smell And Taste. What Is Happening? by PabloTehnyson(m): 3:25pm On May 30, 2020
Jakumo:

That was my way of assuring you that you WILL survive the year 2020, and will live long enough to grow old, when the year 2020 will have become a distant memory.

Oh; D;

(1) (Reply)

I Don't trust NCDC Again / How The Nigerian System Killed My Beloved Daughter / If You're Adding This Ingredient To Your Food, Then You're Damaging Your Kidney

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.