Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,787 members, 7,817,262 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

182 New COVID-19 Cases, 91 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 28 - (1038 Tested) - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 182 New COVID-19 Cases, 91 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 28 - (1038 Tested) (43828 Views)

100 New COVID-19 Cases, 91 Discharged And 3 Deaths On Sept 6 - (2,086 Tested) / 389 New COVID-19 Cases, 116 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 27 - (1422 Tested) / 20 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 343. 91 Discharged. 10 Deaths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 182 New COVID-19 Cases, 91 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 28 - (1038 Tested) by wolfenstein(m): 8:50am On May 29, 2020
AreaFada2:

Dude, would you want your pics/video or those of your loved ones all over the media or TV channels if in that situation? Have you forgotten how we Africans crudely stigmatize people? Many people in Nigeria won't even allow others know they have asthma. They leave home without their inhaler pump, risking their lives instead of boyfriend/girlfriend or friends seeing them with the pump.

Yes, even so-called educated people consider those with illnesses as walking dead. People break up with boyfriends/girlfriends over asthma.

Like "abeg, make she nor come kpeme for my bed one day, I nor do again". cheesy cheesy grin grin

Much less Covid-19.

Bro I understand what u saying, but stigmatise or not we need to know what is actually going on. I saw someone talking about medical ethics, USA and BRITAIN that is very secretive show us footage of what is going on and they have a dedicated channel that gives update of what's going on. This life we live has gotten to a stage where we see to believe, forget stigmatisation u talking about, let's assume u know that someone in ur area has it, atleast u would be more cautious. If they told u vampires exist would u believe? No. U would atleast wanna see someone who has it so u can watch the way u move around grin. I believe covid19 exists but those that don't, show them so they believe too and they take precautions measures. They say we have over 200 deaths, yet we don't even know where d bodies are buried. So if the FG shows us ppl that are dead, will the dead also b stigmatised?

1 Like

Re: 182 New COVID-19 Cases, 91 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 28 - (1038 Tested) by AreaFada2: 11:52am On May 29, 2020
wolfenstein:

Bro I understand what u saying, but stigmatise or not we need to know what is actually going on. I saw someone talking about medical ethics, USA and BRITAIN that is very secretive show us footage of what is going on and they have a dedicated channel that gives update of what's going on. This life we live has gotten to a stage where we see to believe, forget stigmatisation u talking about, let's assume u know that someone in ur area has it, atleast u would be more cautious. If they told u vampires exist would u believe? No. U would atleast wanna see someone who has it so u can watch the way u move around grin. I believe covid19 exists but those that don't, show them so they believe too and they take precautions measures. They say we have over 200 deaths, yet we don't even know where d bodies are buried. So if the FG shows us ppl that are dead, will the dead also b stigmatised?

Journalists go to places and ask people for their consent to appear on TV. Patients know the public interest and benefit of what journalists are trying to put out there. But we are generally not that enlightened as a society.

In 9ja do our journalists have time for that?
In the West ambulances are everywhere. Conveying people to hospitals or the dead to mortuaries. Again journalists are quick to react to news and show pics and videos ethically.

Do we routinely see ambulances picking up the sick from their homes? No.

We have no system or institutions that work properly. So do not expect ours to work.
Re: 182 New COVID-19 Cases, 91 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 28 - (1038 Tested) by AreaFada2: 11:54am On May 29, 2020
wolfenstein:

Journalists go to places and ask people for their consent to appear on TV. Patients know the public interest and benefit of what journalists are trying to put out there. But we are generally not that enlightened as a society.

In 9ja do our journalists have time for that?
In the West ambulances are everywhere. Conveying people to hospitals or the dead to mortuaries. Again journalists are quick to react to news and show pics and videos ethically.

Do we routinely see ambulances picking up the sick from their homes? No.

We have no system or institutions that work properly. So do not expect ours to work.

What we see on Western TV are not govt issued pictures but the media doing their work correctly.
Re: 182 New COVID-19 Cases, 91 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 28 - (1038 Tested) by SarkinYarki: 12:16pm On May 29, 2020
Enough of this propganda
Re: 182 New COVID-19 Cases, 91 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 28 - (1038 Tested) by unitysheart(m): 12:28pm On May 29, 2020
boookworm:

I don't bloody care. All I can say is repent and stop seeing Africa/Nigeria as a place where "bodies will litter the streets"

The point isn't about what someone said. The point is your assertion that some may not be happy that Melinda Gates' assertion isn't coming to pass.
Re: 182 New COVID-19 Cases, 91 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 28 - (1038 Tested) by NaijadrivaCars: 12:29pm On May 29, 2020
I just came to see the liveacores between Lagos and Kano.
#Gandollars
Re: 182 New COVID-19 Cases, 91 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 28 - (1038 Tested) by MyMouth(m): 12:30pm On May 29, 2020
abobote:
Today's result is very promising, hopefully it will continue in this decline order in the coming days. we must win this war
It will continue to decline, but watch out, few days to the end of the Lockdown, it will begin to increase, just to justify another extension. These people think we are fools!

1 Like

Re: 182 New COVID-19 Cases, 91 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 28 - (1038 Tested) by isayahaya(m): 12:34pm On May 29, 2020
ValCon888:
The fact is, nobody really cares anymore. The politicians have used this virus as a joke, and many people have been infected and recovered without their figures reported to the NCDC.
The only thing you can do is to protect yourself until a cure is found.

Asking the government to protect you is like seeking salvation from the Devil.

Damnmnnnn niggarrr

Isoright!

NCDC are really CRAZY mehnn.

How is it possible to discharge "PATIENTS" Without "CURE YET"

HOW IS IT POSSIBLE. THIS IS DISCEPTION.
THE "DEVILS" WILL NEVER STOP DECEIVING MEN.
Re: 182 New COVID-19 Cases, 91 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 28 - (1038 Tested) by esereme2019: 12:36pm On May 29, 2020
Mikkymilli:
Na so NCDC give Kogi two cases yesterday, Kogi reject am say na lie. Now NCDC no gree minus the two cases. Na the matter we de isolation center since morning de settle so.
Really grin
Re: 182 New COVID-19 Cases, 91 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 28 - (1038 Tested) by Jostoman: 12:40pm On May 29, 2020
Mikkymilli:
Na so NCDC give Kogi two cases yesterday, Kogi reject am say na lie. Now NCDC no gree minus the two cases. Na the matter we de isolation center since morning de settle so.
and please before you leave the isolation center please help me to tell the NCDC to stop sending me their useless messages

1 Like

Re: 182 New COVID-19 Cases, 91 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 28 - (1038 Tested) by Acidosis(m): 12:41pm On May 29, 2020
abobote:
Today's result is very promising, hopefully it will continue in this decline order in the coming days. we must win this war

What's promising about the result?

1038 test was done, and 182 turned out positive.

Days we had 200+ positive, it simply means more testing was done.

If by tomorrow we have 50 positive cases, don't be f00led. It only shows that less than 400 tests was done. It's basic mathematics. The more test you do, the more positive cases.

The trend will only change when you flatten the curve, and no serious Government ever flattens a curve by testing less than 50k of 200 million people after 12 weeks!
Re: 182 New COVID-19 Cases, 91 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 28 - (1038 Tested) by magzey: 1:08pm On May 29, 2020
So Lagos want to spend that N10.billion given to them? grin grin

Re: 182 New COVID-19 Cases, 91 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 28 - (1038 Tested) by kulrunsman79(m): 1:12pm On May 29, 2020
There are 8 types of men in Nigeria:

1. Calabar men
They have 1 wife and 1 girlfriend but they love their wife more.

2. Igala men
They have 1 wife and 1 girlfriend but they love their girlfriend more.

3. Ibibio Men
They have 1 wife and 4 girlfriends but they love their mother most.

4. Igbo Men
They have 1 wife and 2 girlfriends, but they love their daughters most.

5.Yoruba Men
They have 1 wife and 3 girlfriends but they love their neighbors wives.(especially ibadan Men)

6. Ikwerre men
They have one wife and more than ten girlfriends but they love their females tenants most

7. Ijaw men
They have more than four wives but only one lives with them, more than fifteen girlfriends but they love and date their friends daughter most.

8. URHOBO Men:
They have 2 wives and 4 free baby mamas and they are strict and very tough on all of the women. They love NONE.They see women as hand luggage that can easily be dropped when it becomes too heavy. They also prefer to Live alone in order have their peace .They only love their ogogoro water.

And the best one.
8. Hausa Men
They have 4 wives and 1 girlfriend. But they love their cattle most.

[color=#990000][/color]
Re: 182 New COVID-19 Cases, 91 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 28 - (1038 Tested) by Saintinoo(m): 2:34pm On May 29, 2020
Nigeria government and the so called PTF and NCDC think we are fools.
When they test around 1800+ we will have high case, we have lower cases when the number of test reduce to 1000 to 1200.

They want to make it look like with more test more cases, so the comfirmed cases will continue for a long time, no end in sight.

1 Like

Re: 182 New COVID-19 Cases, 91 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 28 - (1038 Tested) by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 29, 2020
Re: 182 New COVID-19 Cases, 91 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 28 - (1038 Tested) by Legendguru: 7:12pm On May 29, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: 182 New COVID-19 Cases, 91 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 28 - (1038 Tested) by YemyTemmy: 11:58pm On May 29, 2020
people of the world, kindly take note of their plandemic, the daily discharged is always almost half of new cases and death kept around 5. I wonder how they plotted their graphs and how they want the drama to end
Re: 182 New COVID-19 Cases, 91 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 28 - (1038 Tested) by YELLOWPEARL: 9:31am On May 30, 2020
Re: 182 New COVID-19 Cases, 91 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 28 - (1038 Tested) by lililiu: 3:48am On Jun 02, 2020
My statement was clear, I believe I had #Coronavirus in Nov 2019 and I advocate for antibody testing. I also believe a lot of people in the US had the virus earlier than 1/2020. In no way was I implying it started in the US. I’m merely saying, it was here earlier than claimed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Katsina Records First Suspected Case / My Daughter With Cerebral Palsy Was Battered By The Therapist I Trusted / Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.