Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,869 members, 7,828,095 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Rivers State To Inaugurate Cassava Plant, To Employ 4,500 Persons (Photos) - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Rivers State To Inaugurate Cassava Plant, To Employ 4,500 Persons (Photos) (21263 Views)

Niger State To Share 300 Tractors To Farmers / A Farmer Killed Huge Python In His Farm In Rivers State (Photos) / Ekiti State To Clear 1,554 Hectares For Farming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers State To Inaugurate Cassava Plant, To Employ 4,500 Persons (Photos) by awuri4: 11:21am On May 29, 2020
This is a good development.
I will follow up on this because it will open an opportunity for many businesses. Both for farmers and those into agric sales.
Re: Rivers State To Inaugurate Cassava Plant, To Employ 4,500 Persons (Photos) by amakadlite(f): 11:41am On May 29, 2020
musa234:
Nice gesture but please wike help residence of oyigbo fix their roads, it can be an eyesore once it rains. How do people access the company from other parts of the states or the country when there is such a terrible road as that? Please help them governor wike.
that's the issue there, no good access road to Afam. that road from obigbo to Afam is in a sorry state, I don't know why govt doesn't care anymore about the only access road to Afam that house the power house of the nation.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State To Inaugurate Cassava Plant, To Employ 4,500 Persons (Photos) by PierreAbutu(m): 12:01pm On May 29, 2020
Golden057:
Where is South West

Ask the so-called SAN Governor who ks trying to cornerN4.3billion Naira in a secret bank account grin

1 Like

Re: Rivers State To Inaugurate Cassava Plant, To Employ 4,500 Persons (Photos) by banku: 12:09pm On May 29, 2020
Ondo has cassava to ethanol is a foolish project and it was so indicated then.

Cassava is food. Turn it to bread, chips, fufu, starchy products for pharmaceutical use instead of importing same.

But first Nigerians need brain transplant to change their tastes

Hope this project is an improvement.

Malcolm123:

Ondo state have similar project...cassava to ethanol plant ......almost completed to full capacity
Re: Rivers State To Inaugurate Cassava Plant, To Employ 4,500 Persons (Photos) by Brainardc(m): 1:11pm On May 29, 2020
it's a welcome development, it will help reduce the rate of unemployment in the state.
Re: Rivers State To Inaugurate Cassava Plant, To Employ 4,500 Persons (Photos) by Clothingonline9(m): 1:15pm On May 29, 2020
2023 is here for us to see the projects Dapo and Seyi step up ur games u are sleeping
Re: Rivers State To Inaugurate Cassava Plant, To Employ 4,500 Persons (Photos) by ekenedilichukwu: 1:27pm On May 29, 2020
Nice gesture, but we should really be worried when government start opening companies and owning the means of production.
Get private enterprise the opportunity to thrive, and you have a lasting economy.
As with all govt owned enterprises, we know where this one is going.
Re: Rivers State To Inaugurate Cassava Plant, To Employ 4,500 Persons (Photos) by Charly68: 2:52pm On May 29, 2020
We need something like this in Ekiti and Osun ..they are agrarian communities
Re: Rivers State To Inaugurate Cassava Plant, To Employ 4,500 Persons (Photos) by bizzibodi(m): 3:34pm On May 29, 2020
Thanks to Ameachi for initiating this project,I wish songhai farms in d state is revived.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers State To Inaugurate Cassava Plant, To Employ 4,500 Persons (Photos) by elated177: 5:58pm On May 29, 2020
Wow!

This is a very good project. We need more projects like this which will get our youths engaged.

The previous government did well by starting such laudable project.

The present government did well by continuing with and completing the project.

Continuity of governance is the way to go. After all, it is the people who will benefit.

A nice one from the Rivers State Government.
Re: Rivers State To Inaugurate Cassava Plant, To Employ 4,500 Persons (Photos) by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 29, 2020
FUN FACT: Cassava can be used to generate electricity.
Re: Rivers State To Inaugurate Cassava Plant, To Employ 4,500 Persons (Photos) by uzoma213(m): 10:05pm On May 29, 2020
Theconglomerate:
They are working on it and I mean the federal government,as it is a federal road.
Sukuk funded and almost complete sef.
they are working on what? You even said it is almost completed.
I don't know if they have another Oyigbo in the north
Re: Rivers State To Inaugurate Cassava Plant, To Employ 4,500 Persons (Photos) by Theconglomerate(m): 10:29pm On May 29, 2020
uzoma213:
they are working on what? You even said it is almost completed.
I don't know if they have another Oyigbo in the north
I will be going there tomorrow and I will take a lot of pictures.
I don't say things I don't know undecided
Re: Rivers State To Inaugurate Cassava Plant, To Employ 4,500 Persons (Photos) by Krisadam(m): 12:05am On May 30, 2020
Prodigee:
A laudable development. Industrialization is the way forward in rapid growth of the economy

Oga use your head
Can u appreciate that emperor for once?[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Rivers State To Inaugurate Cassava Plant, To Employ 4,500 Persons (Photos) by uzoma213(m): 10:08am On May 30, 2020
Theconglomerate:
I will be going there tomorrow and I will take a lot of pictures.
I don't say things I don't know undecided
hahahaha, let me tell you, I live in Afam, there is no road here. I don't know whether it is umusoya road or aba road you want to snap and show
Re: Rivers State To Inaugurate Cassava Plant, To Employ 4,500 Persons (Photos) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:14am On May 30, 2020
Ipromote:
Well done Wike.

Wike and this standing position grin grin

Worry no more about low sales. Try social media marketing to reach thousands of potential customers. Contact me..

Rivers Begins Construction Of 15,000tons Cassava Plant,

Published 7 years ago on December 3, 2012

The ground breaking ceremony for the construction of a 15,000 tons capacity cassava processing factory under the Rivers State Cassava Initiative will take place on Wednesday, December 5 2012 at Afam in Oyigbo Local Government Area.

http://www.thetidenewsonline.com/2012/12/03/rivers-begins-construction-of-15000tons-cassava-plant-wednesday/

Amaechi did so much that Wike is still getting praises for Amaechi's work.

Amaechi, I throwway Salute. You are a trailblazer.

[img]https://media./images/9befe21f5467990a50a85fb6d41e5058/tenor.gif[/img]
Re: Rivers State To Inaugurate Cassava Plant, To Employ 4,500 Persons (Photos) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:28am On May 30, 2020
Saltybear:

WIKE is the best governor ever in the history of Nigeria !! Better believe it !!

But please I beg of you, take your support to another governor.
I don't like my governor associated with thugs

Please you are not intelligent, respectful or classy in the least

Please never ever comment in any thread about Rivers State or it's governor stick to supporting the criminal tinubu never ever type in any thread about Rivers State

You are a thug and a hooligan nothing one wants to be associated with , before they think Rivers people are abnormal

Stay away!!

Bye

Some of Amaechi's legacies as Rivers Governor.

1) Over 200 modern primary & secondry schools equipped with Libraries and ICT Centres.

2) Over 100 primary health centres,fully equipped with resident Doctors.

3) Power Station in Afam built from scratch to finish

4) cassava processing factory, fish farm and banana plantation

5) dualization of Ada george rd,

6) ring road

7) greater PH development

cool Amesimaka stadium

9) G. U Ake road.

10) Dualization of igwuruta Rumukurusi rd) Nkpogu LNG, stadium and rumumasi roads. Akpajo woji golf estate bridge link rd, woji slaughter Garison rd, Songhai farm e.t.c

11) Over 2000 Rivers and non-Rivers indigenes benefited from the Governor Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi Special Overseas scholarship programme, a scheme designed to boost human capital development in Rivers State and the country.

They were in 10 countries of the world including the United Kingdom, Canada, United States, Singapore, India and Netherlands

Amaechi's achievements as Rivers State Governor are too many to mention.

I am yet to see a better Governor than Amaechi.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Threaten Abia Villagers Over Missing Cows / Cost Of Poultry Feeds / Snail Farming In Nigeria Made Easy, Practical Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.