Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,995 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

Niger State To Share 300 Tractors To Farmers - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Niger State To Share 300 Tractors To Farmers (5820 Views)

Enugu Govt. Begins Distribution Of Cashew Seedlings To Farmers / Self-Driving Tractors & Drone Plant & Harvest Crops In UK / Kano Government To Distribute 200 Tractors To Farmers On Loan (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger State To Share 300 Tractors To Farmers by AnonPoet: 8:41am On Feb 20
The Niger State Government has begun receiving the delivery of 300 tractors, as promised by Governor Umaru Bago, from John Deere Ltd.

The procurement of 300 tractors is a demonstration of Governor @HonBago’s commitment to achieving his food sufficiency programme in Niger State.

16 Likes

Re: Niger State To Share 300 Tractors To Farmers by inosuke(m): 8:50am On Feb 20
Good progress, but are the farm safe enough

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger State To Share 300 Tractors To Farmers by tankoagaie: 8:50am On Feb 20
good one my home

1 Like

Re: Niger State To Share 300 Tractors To Farmers by Otolomo1(m): 8:50am On Feb 20
We will reach there.... It require more steps
AnonPoet:
The Niger State Government has begun receiving the delivery of 300 tractors, as promised by Governor Umaru Bago, from John Deere Ltd.

The procurement of 300 tractors is a demonstration of Governor @HonBago’s commitment to achieving his food sufficiency programme in Niger State.

2 Likes

Re: Niger State To Share 300 Tractors To Farmers by NairalandForumo: 8:51am On Feb 20
I hope they have tackled bandits before farmers will start paying ransom to collect their tractors back from bandits

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger State To Share 300 Tractors To Farmers by Ofunaofu: 8:51am On Feb 20
Are the farm safe from bandits and killer herdsmen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger State To Share 300 Tractors To Farmers by inoki247: 8:51am On Feb 20
Is time for every state to invest in Agric and Security heavily....

10 Likes

Re: Niger State To Share 300 Tractors To Farmers by valentinenkem: 8:52am On Feb 20
Am happy for them and the country

1 Like

Re: Niger State To Share 300 Tractors To Farmers by EponObi: 8:52am On Feb 20
Way to go!

I hope Gov Bago will do more. There are so many things to put in place with regards to agriculture. Niger State has a crazily vast arable land; one of the top food baskets of the nation. If the nation was serious, we should have passed this level of subsidizing mechanization for our farmers. But, baby steps. Better late than never. The state should be working towards creating agricultural hubs and adding value to their produces.

Bago is a good governor, judging by the steps he has taken so far to tame food inflation in his state. I remember some id!ots dragging him for banning food export from his state. Fuuls that their state governments doesn't give a hoot are the ones always loud about other states affairs.

Tinubu needs to step up to curb insecurity so our farmers can be free from banditry and kidnapping. Nigerians are not lazy; we only lack the needed support system and thriving environment.

Other state governments should follow suit. SW governors should wake up a beg. Only Ekiti and Lagos are doing great with agricultural revolution. Other should step up. In fact, there's a need to for the SW governments to form a coalition to traject the region as an agricultural hub. This is why I miss Akeredolu. Despite his flaws, he would have spearheaded the agric revolution like he did with Amotekun.

That said, when will you (I mean YOU) start asking your state governor about his input regards the agricultural revolution? Na the same FAAC your governor collect that Bago is using to mechanize his state farmer oooo.

8 Likes

Re: Niger State To Share 300 Tractors To Farmers by callthefred: 8:53am On Feb 20
Our leaders are jokers. Do you mean 300 or 300k because if we are serious about agriculture I don't understand what 300 tractors can do in a state as big as Niger state o. Even the useless FG is singing 3,000 tractors every year when we have over 20m farmers and vast farmlands. Our leaders still lacking ambition towards moving this nation forward.

1 Like

Re: Niger State To Share 300 Tractors To Farmers by leadinggists(m): 8:54am On Feb 20
This is a serious government initiative, not sharing 2kg of rice calling it empowerment

2 Likes

Re: Niger State To Share 300 Tractors To Farmers by easyfem(m): 8:55am On Feb 20
Better

1 Like

Re: Niger State To Share 300 Tractors To Farmers by seunlayi(m): 8:55am On Feb 20
Oyo State
Seyi Makinde

Where are you?

4 Likes

Re: Niger State To Share 300 Tractors To Farmers by fawaz050(m): 8:56am On Feb 20
callthefred:
Our leaders are jokers. Do you mean 300 or 300k because if we are serious about agriculture I don't understand what 300 tractors can do in a state as big as Niger state o. Even the useless FG is singing 3,000 tractors every year when we have over 20m farmers and vast farmlands. Our leaders still lacking ambition to move this nation forward.

The worst thing is they may not share it equitably. They may reserve it for party card holders only or give it to rent seekers.

2 Likes

Re: Niger State To Share 300 Tractors To Farmers by RepoMan007: 8:59am On Feb 20
Some people are trying to build three flyovers at 20-something billion Naira each.
Re: Niger State To Share 300 Tractors To Farmers by NPFLADMIN(m): 9:01am On Feb 20
Good What about security?
Re: Niger State To Share 300 Tractors To Farmers by Vlibray: 9:02am On Feb 20
These are the type of the updates we should be receiving .
Agriculture is one of the sectors that can transform the country’s economy ( I’m talking about mechanized farming with digital farming tools) .
Days ago, I found out that the current minister of agriculture doesn’t even have any background in agriculture. Dude studied business administration.
Now tell me, how do you want someone who doesn’t have the prerequisite knowledge in a field to know how tackle the problems of the sector ?

4 Likes

Re: Niger State To Share 300 Tractors To Farmers by Kukutenla: 9:02am On Feb 20
AnonPoet:

I hope this is true though
Re: Niger State To Share 300 Tractors To Farmers by Honchoslim16(m): 9:06am On Feb 20
The funny thing is that 4 years from now, these same tractors will still not be shared.
Re: Niger State To Share 300 Tractors To Farmers by theysg: 9:06am On Feb 20
This is what we need...
Re: Niger State To Share 300 Tractors To Farmers by Nbote(m): 9:13am On Feb 20
Where will they use the tractors Has the Governor combated the insecurity that has overrun his state

JagabanB:

Boko Haram is ravaging Nigerîà, that's the idea South Africans and other people have about Nigeria, is Boko Haram ravaging everywhere?
That's the answer to your question.

More than 50% of Niger state is currently under the control of bandits. Areas like Suleja and Sabon Wuse is now a haven for refugees fleeing their villages. The few who are farming are paying taxes to these bandits. Even the governor came out recently (last year) to lament about his state now being overrun
Re: Niger State To Share 300 Tractors To Farmers by 6ixVille: 9:14am On Feb 20
Share tractors to farmers so they can farm food for cattles
Re: Niger State To Share 300 Tractors To Farmers by shiwex: 9:15am On Feb 20
Hunger dey make person smart...even government is starting to recognize the masses are are about to revolt.

1 Like

Re: Niger State To Share 300 Tractors To Farmers by ozo13(m): 9:16am On Feb 20
NairalandForumo:
I hope they have tackled bandits before farmers will start paying ransom to collect their tractors back from bandits
grin Kai we are in a difficult situation in Nigeria. As much as ur comment sound funny, it's the obvious truth
Re: Niger State To Share 300 Tractors To Farmers by Agricmoney(m): 9:20am On Feb 20
that's a great move.

Anyway, Agriculture is life.
Re: Niger State To Share 300 Tractors To Farmers by HateBigots: 9:21am On Feb 20
Which farm? The ones overran by bandits and terrorists?

Audio... Do it first before announcement.
Re: Niger State To Share 300 Tractors To Farmers by Babangidapikin: 9:25am On Feb 20
Now you're talking
Re: Niger State To Share 300 Tractors To Farmers by Faiththatworks(m): 9:30am On Feb 20
The journey to food sufficiency starts with little baby steps the Governor of Niger state is taking.
Nigeria won't attain food sufficiency by sitting in your house,typing all day on the internet and raining abuses on all the tiers of Government.
God bless Governor Bago of Niger state for taking the raging bull of Hunger in Nigeria by the horn and trying to find a solution to it.
Like I keep repeating every time I post, Nairaland should be the bastion of intellectual jaw jaw on how to drag Nigerian out of its present situation.
I read a suggestion above on the steps Government should take now since it's pushing Nigerians to go back to the farm.
The issue of buying up excess farm produce must be quickly tackled before the farmers start the process of planting their crops.
Also security is paramount,I have said it numerous times on the need to resolve the issue of the Farmers and herders clashes all over the country.
Resolving that crisis will solve more than 40% of the Nations security issues and 80% of the hazards the farmers face securing their crops.
Last time I suggested it on Nairaland I was thoroughly insulted by some individuals, but I will repeat it again,The Federal Government should as a sign of Goodwill set aside nothing less than 50 Billion naira as a loan to the herders to accquire land and start their ranching business,it should be repayable over a period of 20-30 years.
There are a lot of interventions given to farmers every year in Nigeria,but I have never read of any form of subvention to the cattle herder,solve the issue and see Nigeria move quickly to being prosperous.
Finally Government must be consistent in it's policy,like someone said above we have gone through many agricultural revolution that always lead nowhere.
From Operation Feed Nigeria in 1978 by Military Dictator,Gen Obasanjo to the Cassava Revolution by the same President Obasanjo 20 years later as a civilian,or is it President Jonathan wheat Bread Revolution that crashed landed before it even started,or several state intervention like the Coconut farm plantation by Gov Fashola,the Rubber plantation started by Governor Duke of Cross River state,many ideas just died off even before they started, Government must be consistent in its policy.
I really pray Nigeria gets it right this time
God bless Governor Bago
God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Niger State To Share 300 Tractors To Farmers by stano2(m): 9:31am On Feb 20
Good move.
Make the environment better for farmers and watch them farm with joy and peace of mind.
Re: Niger State To Share 300 Tractors To Farmers by GAS76: 9:32am On Feb 20
KOGI state are you there?

2 Likes

Re: Niger State To Share 300 Tractors To Farmers by JagabanB: 9:38am On Feb 20
This is what should have been done ages ago, transforming to mechanized farming is sacrosanct for us.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FMARD Enumerates Farmers (ESP Agricultural Intervention). / Garri And Cassava Processing Machine Stainless Build Commercial / Cashew Nuts and Sesame(Beni) Seed Available In Trucks Supply from Kogi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.