Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Nigeria The Most Dangerous Place To Be A Christian? Let’s Put That In Context - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria The Most Dangerous Place To Be A Christian? Let’s Put That In Context (1801 Views)

Oluremi Tinubu: We Have Tried Muslim-christian, Let Us Try This One Too / Tee Mac Omatshola: I was Quoted Out Of Context On Tinubu / Osinbajo: Let's Put In Place New Measures To Prevent Coups (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria The Most Dangerous Place To Be A Christian? Let’s Put That In Context by JAMO84: 3:42pm On May 29, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

How many Muslims have been murdered in the south east? Terrorist
They aren't even allowed to live in the south east as Christians are allowed in the north. We wouldn't know whether they'd be killed or not. If you do not understand the context in which I made my comment, you have no right to come to my mention. OSU!!!

I AM DONE TALKING
Re: Nigeria The Most Dangerous Place To Be A Christian? Let’s Put That In Context by SarkinYarki: 3:44pm On May 29, 2020
On this Day God says I should inform all you still Supporting Buhari because of personal gains that you will all face HIS Wrath
Re: Nigeria The Most Dangerous Place To Be A Christian? Let’s Put That In Context by Agboriotejoye(m): 4:16pm On May 29, 2020
JAMO84:
They aren't even allowed to live in the south east as Christians are allowed in the north. We wouldn't know whether they'd be killed or not. If you do not understand the context in which I made my comment, you have no right to come to my mention. OSU!!!

I AM DONE TALKING
Lies!! Yet we have pictures of Igbo Muslims paying their governors a visit all over the net. I guess those ones came from your village.
Re: Nigeria The Most Dangerous Place To Be A Christian? Let’s Put That In Context by mhmsadyq(m): 1:58am On May 30, 2020
TripleOh7:
The title above should be rephrased as, Northern Nigeria, a dangerous place to be a Christian.

And that change in my opinion shouldn't be necessitated by the actions of Boko Haram, but by the mostly unreported high discrimination against Christians in the core North.

There's an unspoken law that Christianity is outcast in the North.

I remember when I served in the North many many years ago, any Muslim who converted to Christianity had to flee the core North to middle belt states like Plateau that had over 99% Christian population.

This is a statement of fact.

There's always a death threat hanging over would be converts from Islam to Christ in the North.i won't even mention the discrimination against Christians in the civil service and government appointments.

Christians were arrested for eating in public during the Muslim fast during the last Ramadan fast prior to this one.

Christians are not allowed to take alcohol even when they have proof that they are Christians.

Yet the northern governors operating shari'a would say that the shari'a law doesn't apply to non-muslims.

Bullshit.

Your submission is false and misleading.

Can you truly prove that Christians are arrested for eating during Ramadan or Christians prosecuted for drinking alcohol?

Where did you serve in the North?

Stop these cheap lies!
Re: Nigeria The Most Dangerous Place To Be A Christian? Let’s Put That In Context by mhmsadyq(m): 2:19am On May 30, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

I don't know where you exhumed this load of crap from but you need it stick it right back in your skinny ass.
Why don't you go to chibok and dapchi and enlighten them about the equal opportunity policy of BH.
You can also go to s. Kd and inform them that herdsmen are non-discriminatory. People are complaining of being murdered in their sleep by religious foot soldiers and you're telling us it's just the weather. I keep saying it, every Muslim who writes to normalise BH activities is a terrorist by default.

We are all victims of BH attacks, whether as Muslims or Christians.
BH has killed Christians, but BH has also killed as much Muslims. Lets talk of Bama, Konduga, kala
Balge and other Muslims communities that had been sacked by BH.

S. Kaduna is largely an ethnic clashes rather than a religious one. Unfortunately, one group is perceive to be predominantly Muslims and the other Christians.
Re: Nigeria The Most Dangerous Place To Be A Christian? Let’s Put That In Context by mhmsadyq(m): 2:29am On May 30, 2020
mrvitalis:
Northern Christians are just stupid ...for over 100 years someone has been killing you and u have done nothing ...why not learn from jukun tribe ....shabi it's fulanis that always complaining of killing by jukun

Exactly.
Now it is Jukuns killing Fulanis in Taraba.
In S. Kaduna, it is Muslims killing Christians.
DOUBLE STANDARDS!
Re: Nigeria The Most Dangerous Place To Be A Christian? Let’s Put That In Context by mhmsadyq(m): 2:36am On May 30, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Maybe you are. Presumably on Muhammad's piss you licked while slamming your head on the floor

UNFORTUNATE FOR YOU!
Re: Nigeria The Most Dangerous Place To Be A Christian? Let’s Put That In Context by Agboriotejoye(m): 4:58am On May 30, 2020
mhmsadyq:

UNFORTUNATE FOR YOU!
Maybe you should tell dat to the lady. She brought this nonsense write-up. She's unfortunate in the real sense
Re: Nigeria The Most Dangerous Place To Be A Christian? Let’s Put That In Context by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:05am On May 30, 2020
mhmsadyq:

We are all victims of BH attacks, whether as Muslims or Christians.
BH has killed Christians, but BH has also killed as much Muslims. Lets talk of Bama, Konduga, kala
Balge and other Muslims communities that had been sacked by BH.

S. Kaduna is largely an ethnic clashes rather than a religious one. Unfortunately, one group is perceive to be predominantly Muslims and the other Christians.

If BH have killed Muslims, it's not a justification for them to kill Christians too. Or is there a balance to be struck?

If Christians are complaining of being killed by Islamic extremists, then you can't tell them to stop complaining because Muslims are being killed too. If y'all enjoy dying, we don't.

You really think Nigeria will still be at peace if it was a Christian terrorist group that went about beheading an imam or emir on YouTube? Do you think your Muslim brothers would have accepted that they kill both sides?

The security architecture of this country is firmly in the hands of Muslims. So you should understand if we see all the killings as a grand conspiracy with some evil end
Re: Nigeria The Most Dangerous Place To Be A Christian? Let’s Put That In Context by nasirope: 6:25am On May 30, 2020
I see that many human societies discriminate against other humans who do not look like them.

Muslims usually face discrimination in largely Christian societies. Likewise Christians also face discrimination in largely Muslim societies.
It is also obvious that while one side only murmurs silently about their bad experience, the other side articulate their own and put. it in everyone's face perhaps taking advantage of their media power.

However, it's very painful we are still so intolerant even as educated and civilised as we all claim.

If we want the world to be better, we all need to make personal resolve and actively work to make it better. Let everyone say NO to discrimination and ethnic and religious bigotry!!!
Re: Nigeria The Most Dangerous Place To Be A Christian? Let’s Put That In Context by mhmsadyq(m): 6:39am On May 30, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

If BH have killed Muslims, it's not a justification for them to kill Christians too. Or is there a balance to be struck?

If Christians are complaining of being killed by Islamic extremists, then you can't tell them to stop complaining because Muslims are being killed too. If y'all enjoy dying, we don't.

You really think Nigeria will still be at peace if it was a Christian terrorist group that went about beheading an imam or emir on YouTube? Do you think your Muslim brothers would have accepted that they kill both sides?

The security architecture of this country is firmly in the hands of Muslims. So you should understand if we see all the killings as a grand conspiracy with some evil end

I don't think anyone is justifying unlawful killings.
BH may be a Muslim group, but they have an agenda which most Muslims are at variance with.

So, when you complain, put the issues in perspectives. Stop blaming every Muslim when you honestly know it is a problem of a group of allegedly, Muslims.

Condemn BH and let's see those who will come in their justification or defence.

When you say the security architecture is in the hands of the Muslims and so?

I think Christians like you should stop reacting to speculations.
Re: Nigeria The Most Dangerous Place To Be A Christian? Let’s Put That In Context by mhmsadyq(m): 6:44am On May 30, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Maybe you should tell dat to the lady. She brought this nonsense write-up. She's unfortunate in the real sense

If you think it is nonsense, you could have ignored or make sense out of it.
Your comment above clearly exposed your HATRED.
Re: Nigeria The Most Dangerous Place To Be A Christian? Let’s Put That In Context by Nobody: 7:13am On May 30, 2020
mhmsadyq:

Your submission is false and misleading.

Can you truly prove that Christians are arrested for eating during Ramadan or Christians prosecuted for drinking alcohol?

Where did you serve in the North?

Stop these cheap lies!

Stay there and be looking for proof.

You have decided to be blind to things happening around you, you are now coming here online to look for proof from me.

You want proof?

Open your eyes and look around you.

When was the last time your state had a Christian governor?

Looking for proof indeed!

Re: Nigeria The Most Dangerous Place To Be A Christian? Let’s Put That In Context by orisa37: 7:50am On May 30, 2020
NIGERIA IS NOT TURKEY WHERE CHRISTIANITY WALKED OUT GIVEN ROOM TO ISLAM.
Re: Nigeria The Most Dangerous Place To Be A Christian? Let’s Put That In Context by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:28am On May 30, 2020
mhmsadyq:

If you think it is nonsense, you could have ignored or make sense out of it.
Your comment above clearly exposed your HATRED.

Well.... You can't tell me how to react to nonsense and BH apologetics. Why don't you condemn her by the way. You're doing the same thing she did. Asking people bereaved to watch how they grieve so as not to offend others especially the family of the criminal.
Re: Nigeria The Most Dangerous Place To Be A Christian? Let’s Put That In Context by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:34am On May 30, 2020
mhmsadyq:

I don't think anyone is justifying unlawful killings.
BH may be a Muslim group, but they have an agenda which most Muslims are at variance with.

So, when you complain, put the issues in perspectives. Stop blaming every Muslim when you honestly know it is a problem of a group of allegedly, Muslims.

Condemn BH and let's see those who will come in their justification or defence.

When you say the security architecture is in the hands of the Muslims and so?

I think Christians like you should stop reacting to speculations.

I stand very strongly by what I said. Imagine having a father lose a child in an accident. He's grieving that the boy is too young to die. Then you can come along and tell him what he's saying is wrong after all his child is only five years. A mother lost her two years old baby. Tell me if that is not callous and insensitive to say the least. Go and read what she wrote again. Even accused Christians of blocking roads in Abuja as if Muslims don't do same all over the country among other provocative nonsense.
If you say most Muslims are at variance with BH. Then Muslims should stop protesting when people complain about being killed by them. They should rather complain to the govt who swore an oath to keep everyone safe not to the bereaved. It's simply a case of silencing the bereaved.
Re: Nigeria The Most Dangerous Place To Be A Christian? Let’s Put That In Context by mhmsadyq(m): 9:17am On May 30, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Well.... You can't tell me how to react to nonsense and BH apologetics. Why don't you condemn her by the way. You're doing the same thing she did. Asking people bereaved to watch how they grieve so as not to offend others especially the family of the criminal.

Ok.
Re: Nigeria The Most Dangerous Place To Be A Christian? Let’s Put That In Context by mhmsadyq(m): 9:25am On May 30, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

I stand very strongly by what I said. Imagine having a father lose a child in an accident. He's grieving that the boy is too young to die. Then you can come along and tell him what he's saying is wrong after all his child is only five years. A mother lost her two years old baby. Tell me if that is not callous and insensitive to say the least. Go and read what she wrote again. Even accused Christians of blocking roads in Abuja as if Muslims don't do same all over the country among other provocative nonsense.
If you say most Muslims are at variance with BH. Then Muslims should stop protesting when people complain about being killed by them. They should rather complain to the govt who swore an oath to keep everyone safe not to the bereaved. It's simply a case of silencing the bereaved.

As long as you don't put the issues in perspective, Muslims won't just watch you paint them all in bad light just to prove your rights. They also have right to refused to be branded as you want.
Re: Nigeria The Most Dangerous Place To Be A Christian? Let’s Put That In Context by Nobody: 9:27am On May 30, 2020
Gaddafiyusf:
The Northern elites intimidates the southern part, emboldened by UK govt, who happens to be a Christian nation. Such is life

The UK govt is secular. Although I know you northerners are confused by that term.
Re: Nigeria The Most Dangerous Place To Be A Christian? Let’s Put That In Context by Agboriotejoye(m): 9:45am On May 30, 2020
mhmsadyq:

As long as you don't put the issues in perspective, Muslims won't just watch you paint them all in bad light just to prove your rights. They also have right to refused to be branded as you want.

You still don't understand. If Christians say they are being persecuted by BH. And you say BH are not muslims, why do the muslims always feel the need to temper the claims of Christians by saying it's not persecution we are being killed too. Why can't muslims also say they are being persecuted by BH as well? That's why the inadvertent defence of BH comes up. I see the slaughter of my people as persecution. You come and tell me to not call it that since you are also affected. What does that make you? Mind you Christians never said they are being persecuted by muslims in Nigeria. What they said is we are being persecuted and the govt is not doing enough to protect us. So how does that concern Muslims to claim BH is not persecuting Christians but killing everyone equally? They've chosen themselves as spokesmen/women for BH then. Look at that nonsense OP again.
Re: Nigeria The Most Dangerous Place To Be A Christian? Let’s Put That In Context by mhmsadyq(m): 9:52am On May 30, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

You still don't understand. If Christians say they are being persecuted by BH. And you say BH are not muslims, why do the muslims always feel the need to temper the claims of Christians by saying it's not persecution we are being killed too. Why can't muslims also say they are being persecuted by BH as well? That's why the inadvertent defence of BH comes up. I see the slaughter of my people as persecution. You come and tell me to not call it that since you are also affected. What does that make you? Mind you Christians never said they are being persecuted by muslims in Nigeria. What they said is we are being persecuted and the govt is not doing enough to protect us. So how does that concern Muslims to claim BH is not persecuting Christians but killing everyone equally? They've chosen themselves as spokesmen/women for BH then. Look at that nonsense OP again.

Good.
I think your response here is fair enough, so I should let it fly.
Re: Nigeria The Most Dangerous Place To Be A Christian? Let’s Put That In Context by Yenefer(f): 10:31am On May 30, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

What did I do?
Re: Nigeria The Most Dangerous Place To Be A Christian? Let’s Put That In Context by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:51am On May 30, 2020
Yenefer:
What did I do?
Keep asking stupid questions. Damned terrorist
Re: Nigeria The Most Dangerous Place To Be A Christian? Let’s Put That In Context by Yenefer(f): 10:55am On May 30, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Keep asking stupid questions. Damned terrorist
Can u explain why u called me damned terrorist. I want to know pls. so that I can retraced my comments
Re: Nigeria The Most Dangerous Place To Be A Christian? Let’s Put That In Context by Legalcriminal: 11:00am On May 30, 2020
I pray you die a Christian but not brutally like that of Jesus
slivertongue:
I will live and die a Christian, nobody will stop me
Re: Nigeria The Most Dangerous Place To Be A Christian? Let’s Put That In Context by slivertongue: 11:04am On May 30, 2020
Legalcriminal:
I pray you die a Christian but not brutally like that of Jesus

I will live and die peacefully
Re: Nigeria The Most Dangerous Place To Be A Christian? Let’s Put That In Context by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:38am On May 30, 2020
Yenefer:
Can u explain why u called me damned terrorist. I want to know pls. so that I can retraced my comments
Go and read your Op and when you understand what it contains you can retract it since you claim to post what you do not understand.
Re: Nigeria The Most Dangerous Place To Be A Christian? Let’s Put That In Context by Yenefer(f): 12:08pm On May 30, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Go and read your Op and when you understand what it contains you can retract it since you claim to post what you do not understand.
Copied from the guardian. I believe the author is Christian, and guardian is also a crusade media. So are you saying they are Christian terrorist or what?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jan/14/nigeria-christian-boko-haram-terror
Re: Nigeria The Most Dangerous Place To Be A Christian? Let’s Put That In Context by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:31pm On May 30, 2020
Yenefer:
Copied from the guardian. I believe the author is Christian, and guardian is also a crusade media. So are you saying they are Christian terrorist or what?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jan/14/nigeria-christian-boko-haram-terror

It's an opinion of the author not that of guardian. I'm sure the author has her sponsors to write that piece over four years ago in response to a factual report by OpenDoors who never said BH kills only Christians BTW. There's always a Judas for 30 pieces.
I'm sure you also know the narrative you are pointing at in bringing it up in 2020 as if you're just having access to the internet. Did you read the OpenDoors report before posting this lame rebuttal here anyway? I'm sure you didn't bother. This serves your interest and that's it. Terrorist apologists are usually known by how they drive propaganda.
Re: Nigeria The Most Dangerous Place To Be A Christian? Let’s Put That In Context by Yenefer(f): 12:46pm On May 30, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

It's an opinion of the author not that of guardian. I'm sure the author has her sponsors to write that piece over four years ago in response to a factual report by OpenDoors who never said BH kills only Christians BTW. There's always a Judas for 30 pieces.
I'm sure you also know the narrative you are pointing at in bringing it up in 2020 as if you're just having access to the internet. Did you read the OpenDoors report before posting this lame rebuttal here anyway? I'm sure you didn't bother. This serves your interest and that's it. Terrorist apologists are usually known by how they drive propaganda.
So you mean the Author and guardian are not terrorist or propagandist. But me for reposting it. Now let's change the headline to Myanmar Or India the most dangerous place to be a Muslim. Now what Am I
Re: Nigeria The Most Dangerous Place To Be A Christian? Let’s Put That In Context by Yenefer(f): 12:52pm On May 30, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Why I care about your opinion is that I'm working with the FG so calling me terrorist means I'm doing something bad, so I want to know. Or u are just calling every Muslim a terrorist just like how the MSM teach you to be Islamaphobic
Re: Nigeria The Most Dangerous Place To Be A Christian? Let’s Put That In Context by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:53pm On May 30, 2020
Yenefer:
So you mean the Author and guardian are not terrorist or propagandist. But me for reposting it. Now let's change the headline to Myanmar Or India the most dangerous place to be a Muslim. Now what Am I
The author is most probably deluded or trying to suck up to some interests. OpenDoors referenced the north east and Boko Haram and she's talking about Abuja. Guardian posted it as a rebuttal to the openDoors report they previously posted. It's part of their responsibility as a responsible journalism outlet.

Nothing wrong if you want to write about the most dangerous place to be a Muslim as long as you have your facts. But diffusing people's pain by saying they are not the only sufferers is devilish and wicked to say the least, moreso when the oppressors share the same religion with you, and are motivated by religion to do their evil. Hope you can see through your evil now?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023 Presidency Should Go To / Those Calling For Buhari's Resignation, Sorry... Osinbajo Must Resign Too / The CNN Report On Lekki Toll Gate- My Response By OA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.