Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,353 members, 7,822,674 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Trump Signs Executive Order Targeting Social Media Giants' Legal Protections - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Signs Executive Order Targeting Social Media Giants' Legal Protections (25278 Views)

Donald Trump Signs On A Woman's Chest During Campaign Visit In Iowa (Pics) / Biden Calls For LGBTQ Protections In Day 1 Executive Order / Biden To Sign Executive Order To Join Paris Club & Rescind Travel Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump Signs Executive Order Targeting Social Media Giants' Legal Protections by Murketeer: 2:33pm On May 30, 2020
Emilokoiyawon:
Look at Trump's fat and stupid face grin grin grin He is such a slowpoke, he makes idiots look like geniuses. grin grin grin grin
Lol...see the way you are insulting your fathers Agemate ...the funny thing is that ...if Trump should come to your presence na ...you'll start trembling in fear
Re: Trump Signs Executive Order Targeting Social Media Giants' Legal Protections by Farki: 2:34pm On May 30, 2020
kokaneprodigy:
you are a liar! This was during his campaign he wasn’t the president and didn’t hold any office hence you can’t say he abused power.

Wow you are slow, the video was to show how stupid Trump is, I guess it's easy to understand why you like him, you have so much in common.

kokaneprodigy:

Government has the responsibility to free press and not private citizen.

See this is what I've been getting at, since Twitter isn't government owned the can't sanction them for bias as long as they aren't breaking existing laws. This simple principle is what you're trying so hard to twist so Trump can look good.

kokaneprodigy:

Trump is not suppressing social media he’s saying they can’t eat their cake and have it!

Trump is trying to limit social media's ability to moderate itself because he would undoubtedly be caught breaking the rules, however because of the nature of his office he is given a concession. It isn't by force for Trump to use Twitter, it is not the official communication channel of the POTUS.

1 Like

Re: Trump Signs Executive Order Targeting Social Media Giants' Legal Protections by Farki: 2:40pm On May 30, 2020
kokaneprodigy:

Twitter is not a mainstream media and I’m done engaging you cos you can never understand and to be honest I’m not surprised and I completely understand. I don’t have time for this back and forth you are wasting my time.

I have quoted the law, quoted the executive order and explained the situation as simply as I can, you have brought conjecture.

This is what happens when you try to defend the indefensible.

1 Like

Re: Trump Signs Executive Order Targeting Social Media Giants' Legal Protections by Nobody: 2:42pm On May 30, 2020
Trump is a dictator

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Signs Executive Order Targeting Social Media Giants' Legal Protections by zoedew: 3:23pm On May 30, 2020
Playground made level!
Re: Trump Signs Executive Order Targeting Social Media Giants' Legal Protections by Kenny242(m): 4:21pm On May 30, 2020
TRUMP!!!!
Re: Trump Signs Executive Order Targeting Social Media Giants' Legal Protections by Shormiey(m): 5:56pm On May 30, 2020
Jakemedg:
What are you trying to say?
Go and read about it, don't ask me.......
Re: Trump Signs Executive Order Targeting Social Media Giants' Legal Protections by Miracle1991: 6:17pm On May 30, 2020
jadejay:

Don't mind those guys up there. They pretend not to see that social media is very baise. Do you know that about 300 Trump campaign videos were pulled down from YouTube early this month? What for? So his campaigns also violates their stupid law?

When you make certain posts that show the truth, Facebook will block you or fact check you. But they will never fact check CNN and their fake news shared by supporters.

I've seen various dehumanizing and twisted posts about trump, including memes and all on Facebook. None were fact checked. But the minute you put the truth out there, fact check.

What Trump has done now is to make social media platforms responsible for user's posts. In other words, if you must fact check my post, ensure you fact check the opposition's post too. But trust some Nigerians not to understand anything.
if same executive order is signed in Nigeria because of ipob ( Biafra Facebook page) will you clap for him?

1 Like

Re: Trump Signs Executive Order Targeting Social Media Giants' Legal Protections by CONFAMA: 6:20pm On May 30, 2020
angelEmade:
no nonsense president

All of you are delusional just like trump.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Signs Executive Order Targeting Social Media Giants' Legal Protections by CONFAMA: 6:22pm On May 30, 2020
jaxxy:
I think Twitter shud have left potus remarks, not fact checking them. Twitter community can largely takecare of itself.

Trump isn’t even against fact check bt not one sided fact check. Which is Correct. Nice.

Maga ass licker...smh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Signs Executive Order Targeting Social Media Giants' Legal Protections by jaxxy(m): 6:37pm On May 30, 2020
CONFAMA:

Maga ass licker...smh

U can’t just fact check who u don’t like and leave many others u like. That’s a biased policy.
Re: Trump Signs Executive Order Targeting Social Media Giants' Legal Protections by Miracle1991: 6:52pm On May 30, 2020
I know some people in Nigeria will still support Trump for his racism , unfortunately Trump only see them as black criminals.
Imagine buhari do same to radio Biafra Facebook page.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trump Signs Executive Order Targeting Social Media Giants' Legal Protections by Jakemedg(m): 6:59pm On May 30, 2020
Shormiey:

Go and read about it, don't ask me.......
LOL you think i don't know what he said and what it means
Re: Trump Signs Executive Order Targeting Social Media Giants' Legal Protections by Miracle1991: 7:05pm On May 30, 2020
I remembered when federal government banned AIT for breaking the law by one of their staff. You people went gaga, insulting buhari left right center.Now without shame you are supporting a racist who sees you as a black monkey.Anybody that is supporting this white animal called Trump is a disgrace to Africa and all black race.
Re: Trump Signs Executive Order Targeting Social Media Giants' Legal Protections by Luchitec(m): 8:32pm On May 30, 2020
This is an interesting development. If the Social Media Giants are left uncontrolled, partisanship in influencing public opinion would evolve in a way similar to what is obtainable in traditional media outlets. Now, the Social Media Giants would be compelled to fact-check everybody, big or small.
Re: Trump Signs Executive Order Targeting Social Media Giants' Legal Protections by Jakemedg(m): 11:06pm On May 30, 2020
Miracle1991:
I know some people in Nigeria will still support Trump for his racism , unfortunately Trump only see them as black criminals.
Imagine buhari do same to radio Biafra Facebook page.
I know some people in Nigeria will still support Trump for his racism,unfortunately Trump only see them as black criminals。
LOL seriously did this disjointed piece of trash come from your brain because the last time i checked Trump didn't incite racism ,fmr pres。Obama can confirm that。 What Trump said in his tweet was that if the ‘’THUGS starts LOOTING then the shooting starts" this was what he said while directing Gov。Tim Walz。 Ofcourse no sane mind will support indiscriminate shooting of looters but looting is a criminal act。

Now speaking about buhari doing same to radio Biafra Facebook page well i have no idea what you mean by that but if i do it's either you are obsessed with radio Biafra or you don't have any idea of what you're typing
Re: Trump Signs Executive Order Targeting Social Media Giants' Legal Protections by Ifeanyimike123: 11:48pm On May 30, 2020
That's a Bleep you I can do whatever I want president
Re: Trump Signs Executive Order Targeting Social Media Giants' Legal Protections by Jakemedg(m): 11:58pm On May 30, 2020
Miracle1991:
I remembered when federal government banned AIT for breaking the law by one of their staff. You people went gaga, insulting buhari left right center.Now without shame you are supporting a racist who sees you as a black monkey.Anybody that is supporting this white animal called Trump is a disgrace to Africa and all black race.
"Anybody that is supporting this white animal called Trump is disgrace to Africa and all black race" LOL do you really know what you are saying here?

1 Like

Re: Trump Signs Executive Order Targeting Social Media Giants' Legal Protections by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:10am On May 31, 2020
flyingpig:
Good

If you must advert a post, make sure its the truth and credible, you social media cretins.
So every post that Trump makes is credible.
Re: Trump Signs Executive Order Targeting Social Media Giants' Legal Protections by Miracle1991: 1:14pm On May 31, 2020
Jakemedg:
I know some people in Nigeria will still support Trump for his racism,unfortunately Trump only see them as black criminals。
LOL seriously did this disjointed piece of trash come from your brain because the last time i checked Trump didn't incite racism ,fmr pres。Obama can confirm that。 What Trump said in his tweet was that if the ‘’THUGS starts LOOTING then the shooting starts" this was what he said while directing Gov。Tim Walz。 Ofcourse no sane mind will support indiscriminate shooting of looters but looting is a criminal act。

Now speaking about buhari doing same to radio Biafra Facebook page well i have no idea what you mean by that but if i do it's either you are obsessed with radio Biafra or you don't have any idea of what you're typing
so the Democratic way of finding solution to crimes is sporadic shooting? Don't forget that 95% of inhabitants of a particular region in Nigeria are criminals. They specialized on;
Armed robbery
Kidnapping
Baby factory
Drug peddling
Selling of fake things
Ritual
Etc.
So if that order is given in nigeria,how many Igbos will be alive?
Re: Trump Signs Executive Order Targeting Social Media Giants' Legal Protections by Jakemedg(m): 3:04pm On May 31, 2020
Miracle1991:
so the Democratic way of finding solution to crimes is sporadic shooting? Don't forget that 95% of inhabitants of a particular region in Nigeria are criminals. They specialized on;
Armed robbery
Kidnapping
Baby factory
Drug peddling
Selling of fake things
Ritual
Etc.
So if that order is given in nigeria,how many Igbos will be alive?
Who said the democratic way of finding solution to crimes is sporadic shooting?
LOL what do you mean by 95% of inhabitants of a particular region in Nigeria are criminals。They specialized on: armed robbery,kidnapping,baby factory,drug peddling,selling of fake things,ritual etc. The last time i checked this myth nothing like 95% of inhabitants of a particular region in Nigeria are criminals。 Maybe you can help me with your source。
Arm robbery is in every region of Nigeria but more prevalent in the South West ,South East,South South South region。
Kidnapping has been reported in every region in Nigeria but is more prevalent in the North West and North East due to the activities of armed bandits,killer herdsmen and boko haram terrorists。
Baby factory has been reported in the Southern part of Nigeria but more prevalent in the South East region。
Ritual or ritual killing is a crime reported in every region of Nigeria but more prevalent in the South West region。
Drug peddling and selling of fake things are reported in every region of Nigeria 。
Sources : News papers,NPF,NAFDAC, etc.

BOKO HARAM AND KILLER HERDSMEN are the ones making Nigeria UNBEARABLE for you and i。
#You made no sense at all
Re: Trump Signs Executive Order Targeting Social Media Giants' Legal Protections by mariovito(m): 10:56am On Jun 07, 2020
FLYFIRE:

He is losing his mind? How about a non-medical person like Bill Gates telling the world what do to be safe & is being PUSHED on ALL social media platforms but a professional medical person's opinions ARE DELETED by same platforms (Facebook, Twitter & the rest). This man IS BEING USED BY GOD, pray for him. You WOULD HAVE BEEN CHIPPED ALREADY, used AGAINST yourself & SWITCHED OFF when you are NO LONGER NEEDED
You think Trump gives a rat's ass about the black race? You are deluded by religion. The only reason your ilk suck on Trump's gonads is religion. I'm glad you're witnessing the uprisings and protests rocking his country because of his racial divisiveness.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Military Coup Underway In Burkina Faso: President Kabore Detained By Mutineers / 117 Dead, 20,000 Troops Deployed As Unrest Persists In South Africa / Kim Jong Un And Vladimir Putin Meet For Talks In Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.