Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,454 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Advice For Nuhu Ribadu: If U Need Landslide Victory,take Okonjo-iweala As Rnmate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Advice For Nuhu Ribadu: If U Need Landslide Victory,take Okonjo-iweala As Rnmate (1464 Views)

'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo / Tinubu, Fashola, Ambode Record Landslide Victory At Polling Units - Vanguard / Buhari Wins Kano With Landslide Victory-daily Independent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice For Nuhu Ribadu: If U Need Landslide Victory,take Okonjo-iweala As Rnmate by fdigital(m): 6:09pm On Jan 19, 2011
Calling from facebook fans
    NUHU RIBADU    , a public servant, Technocrat, an energetic young man, dogged fighter of corruption & mingling with the only performers of TODAY Governance, The Fasholas, Fayemis, Tinubus, Oshiomholes, NOT, the Mantus, Marks, Omisores, Atikus, Anenihs. In the resent past, Iboris, Igbinedions, Odilis. Lets just get it RIGHT. PLEASE.     
                If you need landslide victory, take Okonjo-Iweala as running mate, PERIOD!   

For those who dont know
Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala (born June 13, 1954) was the former Finance Minister and Foreign Minister of Nigeria, notable for being the first woman to hold either of those positions. She served as finance minister from July 2003 until her appointment as foreign minister in June 2006, and as foreign minister until her resignation in August 2006. Okonjo-Iweala was considered as a possible replacement for former World Bank President Paul Wolfowitz.[1][2] On October 4, 2007 she was appointed as Managing Director of the World Bank by World Bank President Robert Zoellick

Okonjo-Iweala is an Igbo[3] from Ogwashi-Uku, Delta State where her father Professor Chukuka Okonjo is the Obi, or King, from the Umu Obi Obahai Royal Family of Ogwashi-Ukwu.

Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala was educated at Harvard University, graduating magna cumlaude with an A.B. in 1977, and earned her Ph.D. in regional economics and development from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). She is married - her husband is from Umuahia, Abia State[4] - and they have four children. The eldest, Onyinye Iweala received her Ph.D. in Experimental Pathology from Harvard University in 2008 and graduated Harvard Medical School in 2010. Her son, Uzodinma Iweala, is the author of the critically acclaimed novel Beasts of No Nation (2005).'
[edit] Career
Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, at the 2004 Spring Meetings of the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank Group

Prior to her ministerial career in Nigeria, Okonjo-Iweala was vice-president and corporate secretary of the World Bank Group. She left it in 2003 after she was appointed to President Obasanjo's cabinet as Finance Minister on 15 July.

In October 2005, she led the Nigerian team that struck a deal with the Paris Club, a group of bilateral creditors, to pay a portion of Nigeria's external debt (US $12 billion) in return for an $18 billion debt write-off. Prior to the partial debt payment and write-off, Nigeria spent roughly U.S. $1 billion every year on debt servicing, without making a dent in the principal owed.

Okonjo-Iweala also introduced the practice of publishing each state's monthly financial allocation from the federal government in the newspapers. She was instrumental in helping Nigeria obtain its first ever sovereign credit rating (of BB minus) from Fitch and Standard & Poor's. Nigeria is considered to have defaulted on its sovereign debt in 1983 (debt rescheduling is considered a type of default by rating agencies).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ngozi_Okonjo-Iweala

Anywell guyz what are your suggestion to this gesture.

Re: Advice For Nuhu Ribadu: If U Need Landslide Victory,take Okonjo-iweala As Rnmate by samcc30(m): 6:22pm On Jan 19, 2011
ma wo iya boshe ndan like new born babe
oti dunju
Re: Advice For Nuhu Ribadu: If U Need Landslide Victory,take Okonjo-iweala As Rnmate by besmoi: 6:47pm On Jan 19, 2011
lovely advice, hope he sees it. i'll vote with my two hands if he does
Re: Advice For Nuhu Ribadu: If U Need Landslide Victory,take Okonjo-iweala As Rnmate by Arosa(m): 7:32pm On Jan 19, 2011
dreams can come true! embarassed
Re: Advice For Nuhu Ribadu: If U Need Landslide Victory,take Okonjo-iweala As Rnmate by wesley80(m): 7:35pm On Jan 19, 2011
@OP
If u must dream y not have a proper dream? Of the two who should be president? one is a former police officer that showed us what it really meant to dish out selective justice and the other an epitome of accomplishments. so who really should be running after who? Dont tell me u were afraid to dream of a female presido for Naija, means u're not in d big league yet cos i dreamt of the duo of Wole Soyinka and Chinua Achebe leading us! And guess what they turned Naija into an inland Treasure island. Ehen y not? Afterall dream na free. Gosh I NEED FRESH AIR after such a hot dream WHAT ABOUT YOU?
Re: Advice For Nuhu Ribadu: If U Need Landslide Victory,take Okonjo-iweala As Rnmate by okosodo: 7:56pm On Jan 19, 2011
Nuhu is not a fighter of corruption.He was given directives , just like Waziri.
Even though he chooses Mandela he will still fail.
Re: Advice For Nuhu Ribadu: If U Need Landslide Victory,take Okonjo-iweala As Rnmate by doja(m): 8:26pm On Jan 19, 2011
I just wish this dream can come true!
Re: Advice For Nuhu Ribadu: If U Need Landslide Victory,take Okonjo-iweala As Rnmate by Ikengawo: 8:38pm On Jan 19, 2011
excellent pick for VP
the igbo and female vote would be more secure,
he's in my opinion expected to with the southwest
and being a northerner gives him a strong foot in places like Kano, Sokoto, Zamafara and so forth.

at the same time GEJ is considered igbo by igbos (his father was an igbo man named Jonathan, but his mother had him out of wedlock and didn't know the father's last name, so she gave him the last name of Jonathan, middle name is still Igbo.) so i think GEJ's cloat in the SS and SE is secure.

He should go for one of Abiola's daughters. He'll easily take the north and sw, the SE and SS are a done deal for GEJ.
Re: Advice For Nuhu Ribadu: If U Need Landslide Victory,take Okonjo-iweala As Rnmate by matemate: 8:55pm On Jan 19, 2011
if
Re: Advice For Nuhu Ribadu: If U Need Landslide Victory,take Okonjo-iweala As Rnmate by supereagle(m): 9:56pm On Jan 19, 2011
Iweala shud just stay from Nigeria polictics.
Re: Advice For Nuhu Ribadu: If U Need Landslide Victory,take Okonjo-iweala As Rnmate by Nsiman(m): 9:59pm On Jan 19, 2011
I smell nlanders seeking iweala's fall, once Ribadu invite her and she accepts, she'll resign from the world bank, come over as running mate and fail because Ribadu can't win 2011 election, then what next?
Re: Advice For Nuhu Ribadu: If U Need Landslide Victory,take Okonjo-iweala As Rnmate by Olaedo1: 10:07pm On Jan 19, 2011
Lets not forget that Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is a very intelligent individual, she more than likely would never resign from such a position in the World Bank just to run for vp that is only 3 months down the line for a guy who is more than likely to fail.
Re: Advice For Nuhu Ribadu: If U Need Landslide Victory,take Okonjo-iweala As Rnmate by rebranded(m): 10:56pm On Jan 19, 2011
This can Happen, It is possible

ACN always pick a female deputy, so i won be surprised to see this!

A new Nigeria, It is Possible!
Re: Advice For Nuhu Ribadu: If U Need Landslide Victory,take Okonjo-iweala As Rnmate by matemate: 2:10am On Jan 20, 2011
if
Re: Advice For Nuhu Ribadu: If U Need Landslide Victory,take Okonjo-iweala As Rnmate by Nobody: 8:02am On Jan 20, 2011
matemate is right. Okonjo-Iweala is popular among internet-surfing, middle class, and diaspora Nigerians, many of whom don't even bother to vote.

The ordinary Nigerian in the street doesn't see what the big deal is about her at all. Co-opting her as VP candidate spells suicide for Ribadu in my view.

(1) (Reply)

Weakileaks : Babangida Considered Sponsoring A Coup To Remove Obasanjo / Ibb Denies Boko Haram Sponsor: / Tinubu: His Crack Addictions,forgeries, Embezzlement, Battles,travails &triumphs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.