Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,603 members, 7,958,843 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:14 AM

Do We Really Have Football Academies In Nigeria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Do We Really Have Football Academies In Nigeria (578 Views)

Top 11 Best Football Academies In The World / The FULL List Of Football Academies In Lagos With Their Contacts / Top 7 Football Academies In The World In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do We Really Have Football Academies In Nigeria by LuQuLuQu(m): 3:13pm On May 29, 2020
This is question I ask myself almost everyday. No doubt, Nigeria has dropped drastically in the amount of quality international players both at home and international levels.

Those days, I know we have the likes of Pepsi football academy, Coca-Cola academy, and some privately owned academies I can't remember now.

We have highly talented young generation who are our future hope in the international football community, but lack of basic foundation in football games stands in the way of all that.

Marcus Rashford, Lingard, Pogba etc are all academy boys.

Iheanacho, Ighalo, Osihmen etc were lucky to have been harnessed while at various academies.

My opinion is this: we need individuals who'd invest in sports academies, not just football.

For instance, Lagos ought to boast of at least 3-4 solid academies. I know many young boys who wander about looking for academies and by extension sponsors into football careers.

I don't know if there are any good academies here in Nigeria.

Copied: Eric Olawale

Re: Do We Really Have Football Academies In Nigeria by Tripitaka: 3:17pm On May 29, 2020
There may be some of them. But with as most things "Nigerian", expect a lot of nepotism, bribery and favoritism before one can make the grades there.

2 Likes

Re: Do We Really Have Football Academies In Nigeria by LuQuLuQu(m): 3:20pm On May 29, 2020
Tripitaka:
There may be some of them. But with as most things "Nigerian", expect a lot of nepotism, bribery and favoritism before one can make the grades there.

The question is where are they? I haven't heard of any progressive and performing football academies grooming young and talented players in Nigeria anymore.
Most of them either make their way abroad and find their way or get frustrated and their dreams dies
Re: Do We Really Have Football Academies In Nigeria by Jokerman(m): 3:35pm On May 29, 2020
Where is the pitch to train?? Where most of them have been converted to residential buildings..

1 Like

Re: Do We Really Have Football Academies In Nigeria by LuQuLuQu(m): 4:05pm On May 29, 2020
Jokerman:
Where is the pitch to train?? Where most of them have been converted to residential buildings..

That's why there's need for private individuals investing. They know the business aspect of it.

People like Jim Ovia, Femi Otedola etc,, or corporate organisations can build academies.
Re: Do We Really Have Football Academies In Nigeria by drskyfly007(m): 4:47pm On May 29, 2020
Carl Academy and football college umuahia, Abia state..

1 Like

Re: Do We Really Have Football Academies In Nigeria by festacman(m): 6:16pm On May 29, 2020
Well...

1 Like

Re: Do We Really Have Football Academies In Nigeria by LuQuLuQu(m): 5:39am On May 30, 2020
drskyfly007:
Carl Academy and football college umuahia, Abia state..

Really..? Never heard of them. When was it established?

I would also like to know if they do scouting or they just concentrate on training only.

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Has Confirmed The Signing Of Timo Werner / Lille Boss Galtier: Osimhen Stranded In Nigeria / Referee Dies After His Friend Hit Him With Juju Ring During A Match In Iwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.