Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,289 members, 7,818,984 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Why Your Products Are Not Selling (1) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Your Products Are Not Selling (1) (525 Views)

Dollar Not Selling At ₦1,000/$1 - BDCs Debunk Viral Post / How I Generate Recurring Monthly Income Online Selling 1 Product (videos). / Why Plastic Extrusion Products Are High In Demand? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Your Products Are Not Selling (1) by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 8:53pm On May 29, 2020
Hi there,

My name is Emmanuel and for a good amount of time, I have dug deep into marketing - so deep that I can pluck out why some products do well in sales and others do not.

Am I an expert ? well, not exactly !

But working as a Sales Agent under JUMIA Nigeria and reading consumer behavior books gave me some knowledge that I will be sharing soon.

I decided to start a series titled 'Why Your Products Are Not Selling' just to capture the struggles of young and energetic entrepreneurs who want to make immense profit from their businesses but lack enough information.

Particularly those selling products, physical or digital.

This is the first episode and we will be diving into the first answer in this post.

If you sell any product - shoes, bags, phones, anything at all.

You need to understand that the biggest marketing your product can ever receive is the product itself, here is what I mean.

No one person will spend money on an item that is of zero value, in some cases people will only buy more of a product when there is added value (this applies to products that are not strange and need no much announcement)

For instance, everyone knows the value of a shoe - if you want to sell more of that shoe, you may want to consider working on its packaging, pricing or the way it is presented online (added value)

But you know what I see many Nigerians do ?

They start selling products without thinking of the value it brings and expect it to sell like Apple.

OR

They just start selling products that may not be highly demanded for - this is very common.

In terms of sales, there are certain product categories that do better than others - this truth is very important

These days, an online course or programme that has to do with personal development or fitness may out perform a perfume business in sales !

It is not that your marketing may not be good enough, sometimes it is about what is trending.

So, if you are out there struggling with selling that product - it is perfectly normal

From viewing this post, you know you need to go back to your drawing board and check the flaws of whatever you are selling

Maybe it's the packaging

Maybe it's the value hole that has not been filled

Maybe you just need to opt for a trending product , Netflix did this !

They started selling DVD several years ago, and ended up hosting HD movies and series online - at a time DVD was no longer trending

Whatever move you make, ensure you are comfortable with it and that it either amplifies your product or directs you to a trending product that you can properly manage.

Hope I did not waste your time

WHAT PRODUCT DO YOU SELL ?

1 Like

Re: Why Your Products Are Not Selling (1) by Pstarogood0100: 11:02pm On May 29, 2020
You did well

1 Like

Re: Why Your Products Are Not Selling (1) by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 9:10am On May 30, 2020
Thank you, my posts do not normally get so much recognition because it is not in the category of other trending Nairaland posts.

Thanks for reading !
Pstarogood0100:
You did well
Re: Why Your Products Are Not Selling (1) by icon02(m): 8:35pm On May 31, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
Thank you, my posts do not normally get so much recognition because it is not in the category of other trending Nairaland posts.

Thanks for reading !

Just keep on doing it... you are gradually carving a niche for yourself

Those who border to read your articles are exactly the people who value it and most of such people are the serious ones who hardly comment but take immediate action to pick up your offer whenever one is available.

2 Likes

Re: Why Your Products Are Not Selling (1) by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 9:37pm On May 31, 2020
Thanks for inspiring me

This really means a lot, thank you so much
icon02:

Just keep on doing it... you are gradually carving a niche for yourself

Those who border to read your articles are exactly the people who value it and most of such people are the serious ones who hardly comment but take immediate action to pick up your offer whenever one is available.

(1) (Reply)

Get Paid By Liking, Commenting, Sharing. Read To Know How. / Aliexpress Or Jumia: Which Online Retail Platform Is Better? / Make Certain Money Every 10 Days And Withdraw At Will

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.