Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,100 members, 7,818,289 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Advice For A Graphic Designer - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Advice For A Graphic Designer (768 Views)

Rate My First Work As A Graphic Designer (Photos) / Hire A Graphic Designer For All Logo, Business Card, Flyers Etc / I Need A Graphic Designer In Lagos For A Freelance Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice For A Graphic Designer by Arizonaz: 5:40am On May 30, 2020
I am a graphic designer and I need a very good working professional business advice on how to request for payment before service or deposit before design(working) on jobs with an unknown online prospect without it looking like I'm just after the money and not the service?

My reasons is this: I have worked with some online prospect for like three times or more. Then things change that I started working for them before I make request for my money due to the trust I imagined maybe I have built them.
But then, things just come around and they moved away with jobs I sent to them.

My question is this.

What is the best method or approach working with online prospect here in Nigeria via WhatsApp or Facebook?

QUESTION 2
Which of these is the best rules to follow as a graphic designer or as an Artist?

PAYMENT BEFORE SERVICE OR SERVICE BEFORE PAY?
Re: Advice For A Graphic Designer by Jh0wsef(m): 8:32am On May 30, 2020
Arizonaz:
I am a graphic designer and I need a very good working professional business advice on how to request for payment before service or deposit before design(working) on jobs with an unknown online prospect without it looking like I'm just after the money and not the service?

My reasons is this: I have worked with some online prospect for like three times or more. Then things change that I started working for them before I make request for my money due to the trust I imagined maybe I have built them.
But then, things just come around and they moved away with jobs I sent to them.

My question is this.

What is the best method or approach working with online prospect here in Nigeria via WhatsApp or Facebook?

QUESTION 2
Which of these is the best rules to follow as a graphic designer or as an Artist?

PAYMENT BEFORE SERVICE OR SERVICE BEFORE PAY?

Deposit before starting the job as it would give more morale to do the job and also on the other hand, serves as a commitment fee

1 Like

Re: Advice For A Graphic Designer by Arizonaz: 11:51am On May 30, 2020
Jh0wsef:

Deposit before starting the job as it would give more morale to do the job and also on the other hand, serves as a commitment fee

Thank you very much for this.
Re: Advice For A Graphic Designer by GraphicDesigner(f): 2:36pm On May 30, 2020
Deposit is very important oo, then u watermark the job that ull send to dem pending when you'll receive your complete payment

#eaglegrafix_ng

2 Likes

Re: Advice For A Graphic Designer by All4good: 3:06pm On May 30, 2020
First is learn to treat your business as a separate entity from yourself.
If you were working for someone, would you send company products/ goods and seat back hoping your clients would be kind/ nice enough to pay? I think NOT. However you need to take into consideration the legitimate fears of your clients of some bad service providers.
I ask for an advance after I and Prospect have agreed on Scope and Terms of the job.
I confirm amount paid. I send watermarked copies of work in progress (wip), incorporate reviews send back and forth until client is fine. Then I ask for and receive balance payment before sending original upload files to Client.
This is company standard procedure and no matter how familiar I get with client on off- work gist, procedures/ policies must never be bridged let alone abused.

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Let Do Any Of This For You / Photo Manipulation, Smudge Painting And Photo Retouching Experience / Promote Website On Google For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.