Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

CORRUPTION: Names Of People Involved In Nigeria's High-profile Corruption Cases - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CORRUPTION: Names Of People Involved In Nigeria's High-profile Corruption Cases (1072 Views)

High Profile Corruption Cases Nigerians Expect In 2021 / 15 High-profile Corruption Case Files Missing — Investigation / 9 Ex-governors Whose Corruption Cases Are Forgotten (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CORRUPTION: Names Of People Involved In Nigeria's High-profile Corruption Cases by Eborabadan(m): 9:08am On May 30, 2020
Over the years, Nigeria which was once the giant of Africa has been wallowing in poverty, underdevelopment, unemployment, epileptic electricity supply, security challenge and political instability.

But corruption and money laundering has become its prime order in governance.

Here is a list of some politicians that have faced corruption charges since the inception of democracy:

1.) Mohammed Abacha -N446 Billion case

The Federal Government in February 2014, charged Alhaji Mohammed Abacha to court on nine counts charges of stealing and conspiracy.

He was accused of unlawfully receiving about N446.3bn allegedly stolen from government coffers between 1995 and 1998.

But the then Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr. Mohammed Adoke, asked Justice Mamman Kolo of the FCT High Court to strike out the charges on the grounds of “fresh facts” that just emerged concerning the case.

He was silent on whether new charges would be filed against Mohammed or not. Efforts to arraign Mohammed on two previous occasions were unsuccessful because of his repeated absence from court.

But he was present in court when a private prosecuting counsel, Daniel Enwelum, informed the court of Adoke’s instruction to discontinue the case.

Applying to court for the withdrawal of the case, Enwelum said, “I have been instructed by the AGF and Minister of Justice to withdraw the charges as presently filed before this court, because there are fresh facts and documents available to him".

Punishment: None.

2.) Stella Oduah -N255m car purchase scandal

The committee set up by former President Goodluck Jonathan to probe the N255m bulletproof car scandal in the aviation ministry indicted the Minister, Ms. Stella Oduah.

It was gathered in Abuja that the report of the presidential committee tallied with some findings of the House of Representatives Committee on Aviation, on the scandal.

There were reports that with the approval of the minister, the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) purchased two bulletproof BMW cars at an allegedly inflated rate of N255m.

The development sparked a countrywide controversy with many Nigerians and groups calling for her sack.

Punishment: Case still on trial

3.) Police Pension Fund Fraud

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) arraigned the ex-permanent secretary in the Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs, Atiku Abubakar Kigo; the chief accountant, Mrs. Uzoma Cyril Attang, and four others before an Abuja High Court on an 18-count charge of conspiracy, breach of trust and embezzlement of N32.8 billion police pension funds.

The six accused persons were docked before Justice Hussain Baba to whom the case was reassigned following a controversial judgement of the first trial judge, Justice Abubakar Talba who gave a light sentence to one of the accused, John Yusuf, who pleaded guilty to a three-count charge.

But Attang, who was arraigned by the EFCC for the first time in connection with the alleged fraud, was granted N10million bail and two sureties in like sum.

Those who were re-arraigned included Esai Dangabar, Atiku Abubakar Kigo, Ahmed Inuwa Wada, Mrs Veronica Ulonma Onyegbula, Sani Habila Zira, Christian Madubuike, and John Yusuf who had been convicted.

Punishment: Accused got a two years sentence or 750,000 fine. He paid 750,000 as fine.

Read about 40 more people here==https://thestreetjournal.org/2020/05/the-names-of-people-involved-in-nigerias-high-profile-corruption-cases-revealed/

THE STREET JOURNAL
VISIT www.thestreetjournal.org
Re: CORRUPTION: Names Of People Involved In Nigeria's High-profile Corruption Cases by donbachi(m): 9:43am On May 30, 2020
Mohamed Abacha...omenka nnaya 1 of Nigeria.
Re: CORRUPTION: Names Of People Involved In Nigeria's High-profile Corruption Cases by viyon02: 9:51am On May 30, 2020
What about Tinubu? The corruption virus, and the oga patapata of them all and the general overseer of them all General Ibrahim Babangida (IBB). Corruption does not live abroad it lives in Nigeria..thank you.

1 Like

Re: CORRUPTION: Names Of People Involved In Nigeria's High-profile Corruption Cases by kehinde1588(m): 10:12am On May 30, 2020
viyon02:
What about Tinubu? The corruption virus, and the oga patapata of them all and the general overseer of them all General Ibrahim Babangida (IBB). Corruption does not live abroad it live in Nigeria..thank you.

Did Tinubu steal your father's money or your state money?

The man only served as a governor in Lagos State and that's about 13yrs ago. Funny enough, the man has never held any federal government position before yet people like you with big lips will open your big mouth to label him of corruption.

Oga Lagos State is doing fine under the leadership of Tinubu and no one cares weather he is corrupt or not. Go to your state or region and hold your leaders accountable for your misfortune. Stop shouting Tinubus name up and down
Re: CORRUPTION: Names Of People Involved In Nigeria's High-profile Corruption Cases by Felyyaks(f): 10:18am On May 30, 2020
Abacha may definitely have looted more
Re: CORRUPTION: Names Of People Involved In Nigeria's High-profile Corruption Cases by viyon02: 10:37am On May 30, 2020
kehinde1588:

Did Tinubu steal your father's money or your state money?

The man only served as a governor in Lagos State and that's about 13yrs ago. Funny enough, the man has never held any federal government position before yet people like you with big lips will open your big mouth to label him of corruption.

Oga Lagos State is doing fine under the leadership of Tinubu and no one cares weather he is corrupt or not. Go to your state or region and hold your leaders accountable for your misfortune. Stop shouting Tinubus name up and down
let me tell you that am a lagosian, now Listen, let me ask you some question, who is the owner of apha and beta?, who is the owner of Oriental hotel?, who is the ownner of the nation news paper?, who is the owner of the agbero nationwide, his Family members all fixed up in Lagos politics, he runs Lagos like his company. His net worth is around $1.7 billion. And you said he is not corrupt? You must be from another state but in Lagos politics, and if you are lagosian you must be stupid, you don't know what you just said, why on Earth you support someone that loot the future of unborn children.

3 Likes

Re: CORRUPTION: Names Of People Involved In Nigeria's High-profile Corruption Cases by kehinde1588(m): 11:19am On May 30, 2020
viyon02:
let me tell you that am a lagosian, now Listen, let me ask you some question, who is the owner of apha and beta?, who is the owner of Oriental hotel?, who is the ownner of the nation news paper?, who is the owner of the agbero nationwide, his Family members all fixed up in Lagos politics, he runs Lagos like his company. His net worth is around $1.7 billion. And you said he is not corrupt? You must be from another state but in Lagos politics, and if you are lagosian you must be stupid, you don't know what you just said, why on Earth you support someone that loot the future of unborn children.
You must be a wailing wailer. I don't know when having businesses in Nigeria become a crime. You are just wailing with nothing to say. I expected you to even tell us how he stole Lagos money but you are just nagging for the success of another man. Tinubu we all know had money before he contested as Lagos State governor. So as a former governor you expect him to have nothing and be poor.

Mention Tinubus family you know who control any part of Lagos apart from his wife who is a senator. All these wailings and baseless accusations won't help you.

Lagos is doing fine under Tinubu

1 Like

Re: CORRUPTION: Names Of People Involved In Nigeria's High-profile Corruption Cases by Nobody: 11:24am On May 30, 2020
kehinde1588:

You must be a wailing wailer. I don't know when having businesses in Nigeria become a crime. You are just wailing with nothing to say. I expected you to even tell us how he stole Lagos money but you are just nagging for the success of another man. Tinubu we all know had money before he contested as Lagos State governor. So as a former governor you expect him to have nothing and be poor.

Mention Tinubus family you know who control any part of Lagos apart from his wife who is a senator. All these wailings and baseless accusations won't help you.

You don't have portable water, 24 hour electricity,sanitation and you say you are doing fine. Can you compare Lagos to any city in South Africa? Also, why did Tinubu have problems in Chicago,USA in the early 90's?
Re: CORRUPTION: Names Of People Involved In Nigeria's High-profile Corruption Cases by kehinde1588(m): 11:34am On May 30, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

You don't have portable water, 24 hour electricity,sanitation and you say you are doing fine. Can you compare Lagos to any city in South Africa? Also, why did Tinubu have problems in Chicago,USA in the early 90's?

So Tinubu is now federal government who will provide 24hours electricity and water for Nigeria right. You guys won't cease to amaze me with you hogwash talk. What has Tinubus problems in Chicago and USA got to do with your wailings or progress of Lagos State?

Let's start comparing Lagos with other states in Nigeria first before we go international.

You guys don't have any reason allegation against Tinubu. All you do is shout without any evidence. Well talk is cheap
Re: CORRUPTION: Names Of People Involved In Nigeria's High-profile Corruption Cases by Nobody: 11:36am On May 30, 2020
kehinde1588:

So Tinubu is now federal government who will provide 24hours electricity and water for Nigeria right. You guys won't cease to amaze me with you hogwash talk. What has Tinubus problems in Chicago and USA got to do with your wailings or progress of Lagos State?

Let's start comparing Lagos with other states in Nigeria first before we go international.

You guys don't have any reason allegation against Tinubu. All you do is shout without any evidence. Well talk is cheap
He forfeited $460k in Chicago,USA for being proceeds of heroin smuggling in the 90's.
Re: CORRUPTION: Names Of People Involved In Nigeria's High-profile Corruption Cases by kehinde1588(m): 11:46am On May 30, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

He forfeited $460k in Chicago,USA for being proceeds of heroin smuggling in the 90's.
This has been debated and clarified. And you are yet to explain how it relates to Tinubu success in politics.

I think I need to stop replying you self

1 Like

Re: CORRUPTION: Names Of People Involved In Nigeria's High-profile Corruption Cases by Nobody: 11:54am On May 30, 2020
kehinde1588:

This has been debated and clarified. And you are yet to explain how it relates to Tinubu success in politics.

I think I need to stop replying you self
There was a court order from a judge to seize the 460k from his account for heroin smuggling.

Re: CORRUPTION: Names Of People Involved In Nigeria's High-profile Corruption Cases by viyon02: 12:06pm On May 30, 2020
kehinde1588:

like I said you don't know anything, what about her daughter that is iya oloja general of Lagos State. What about another of his son that is Lagos state financial department, which is grooming for future Governor. You are one of the people in this country that need orientation.
Re: CORRUPTION: Names Of People Involved In Nigeria's High-profile Corruption Cases by Nobody: 12:11pm On May 30, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Get out of here jor.
Is that not a national problem?
Some of you are educated illerates, if the man Sue's you know, can you defend it in court he stole money.
Omo lasan ekeji aja.
Re: CORRUPTION: Names Of People Involved In Nigeria's High-profile Corruption Cases by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 30, 2020
bamidelee:

Get out of here jor.
Is that not a national problem?
Some of you are educated illerates, if the man Sue's you know, can you defend it in court he stole money.
Omo lasan ekeji aja.
Look at what American news media Daily Beast reported about Tinubu. He was named as an accomplice in a heroin trafficking ring in Chicago,USA and had $460k seized in his account.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/nigerian-pres-svengali-tied-to-heroin

Re: CORRUPTION: Names Of People Involved In Nigeria's High-profile Corruption Cases by Wiseandtrue(f): 12:17pm On May 30, 2020
Eborabadan:

Here is a list of some politicians that have faced corruption charges since the inception of democracy:

1.) Mohammed Abacha -N446 Billion case

2.) Stella Oduah -N255m car purchase scandal

3.) Police Pension Fund Fraud

So these people stole more than the late Baru

Babachir Lawal

Ganduje undecided

Sani Dangote, a younger brother of Aliko Dangote

Tinubu

Orji Uzor Kalu

OP quantinue
Re: CORRUPTION: Names Of People Involved In Nigeria's High-profile Corruption Cases by Seetto: 12:21pm On May 30, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

There was a court order from a judge to seize the 460k from his account for heroin smuggling.
It is funny how people have turned to, you abandoned your self acclaimed duty to attack your kleptomaniac politicians in your region to drag tinubu who has never ruled Nigeria before, lagos has recorded remarkable achievement under tinubu leadership,
Tinubu groomed politicians are occupying important positions in Nigeria political settings today, Vice president, speaker etc. and you want to drag such person with Kobo kobo mb data.

Only you believe that what you posted was responsible for Nigeria problems since independence..
Re: CORRUPTION: Names Of People Involved In Nigeria's High-profile Corruption Cases by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 30, 2020
Seetto:

It is funny how people have turned to, you abandoned your self acclaimed duty to attack your kleptomaniac politicians in your region to drag tinubu who has never ruled Nigeria before, lagos has recorded remarkable achievement under tinubu leadership,
Tinubu groomed politicians are occupying important positions in Nigeria political settings today, Vice president, speaker etc. and you want to drag such person with Kobo kobo mb data.

Only you believe that what you posted was responsible for Nigeria problems since independence..
Why is American news media Daily Beast also dragging him for being an accomplice of a drug smuggling ring in the 90's. Is the white reporter an IPOB member?
Re: CORRUPTION: Names Of People Involved In Nigeria's High-profile Corruption Cases by 2dogworld: 12:23pm On May 30, 2020
I came check if the name of the people I know are not in the list.

Order now for any breed of dog

Re: CORRUPTION: Names Of People Involved In Nigeria's High-profile Corruption Cases by yusluvad(m): 12:24pm On May 30, 2020
Re: CORRUPTION: Names Of People Involved In Nigeria's High-profile Corruption Cases by Seetto: 12:34pm On May 30, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Why is American news media Daily Beast also dragging him for being an accomplice of a drug smuggling ring. Is the white reporter an IPOB member?
What is my business with who America is dragging, America can drag anybody, Trump was dragged, Clinton was dragged,Hillary was dragged, etc. this is no new to America.

The same thing is what they are doing to akinwumi adeshina...

I know your highly fustrated and depressed with tinubu matter, since your ogogoro adopted godson was booted out of office, Tinubu only crime to a particular tribe , is his alliance with PMB to win win 2015 elections.

My question is how has tinubu life brought massive underdevelopment to your village/region..
Re: CORRUPTION: Names Of People Involved In Nigeria's High-profile Corruption Cases by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 30, 2020
Seetto:

What is my business with who America is dragging, America can drag anybody, Trump was dragged, Clinton was dragged,Hillary was dragged, etc. this is no new to America.

The same thing is what they are doing to akinwumi adeshina...

I know your highly fustrated and depressed with tinubu matter, since your ogogoro adopted godson was booted out of office, Tinubu only crime to a particular tribe , is his alliance with PMB to win win 2015 elections.

My question is how has tinubu life brought massive underdevelopment to your village/region..
Tinubu is famous in America for being Nigeria's Pablo Escobar grin Good name is better than riches.

Re: CORRUPTION: Names Of People Involved In Nigeria's High-profile Corruption Cases by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 30, 2020
You can't name them all, for they are many. But the least of them all is Abacha.

Obj, Atiku, GEJ, PEJ, Sambo, Abdulsalam, IBB, many others stole more than Abacha..
Re: CORRUPTION: Names Of People Involved In Nigeria's High-profile Corruption Cases by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 30, 2020
Wiseandtrue:

So these people stole more than the late Baru

Babachir Lawal

Ganduje undecided

Sani Dangote, a younger brother of Aliko Dangote

Tinubu

Orji Uzor Kalu

OP quantinue

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Impunity In The Villa As Aisha Buhari, Kids Confront Tunde Sabiu / Who Is Obaseki Consulting Today. / Won't You Be Happy For Edo To Be Like Lagos??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.