Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Smallville College 3 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Smallville College 3 (497 Views)

Smallville College 4 / Smallville College 2 / Smallville College 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Smallville College 3 by ASHSALT(m): 10:59am On May 30, 2020
SMALVILLE COLLEGE

(Episode 3)

Written By: Lizzy Oyebola Yakubu

“I hate you bitch!”

I heard myself scream at Ava and I swallowed almost immediately.

Where did I pick the word from?

When did I start using swear words?

SMALLVILLE COLLEGE 3
SMALLVILLE COLLEGE 3
As I panted angrily, I racked my brain to remember who used that word close to me in recent times and dropped the word in my brain.

The last time I remembered, no one dared throw stones at goats and dogs in our yard talk less of throwing bad words at them!

“Wow! See the effects of walking with Bella?” She said obviously very sad but I wasn’t in the mood for it.

Fine, walking with Bella as my best friend for two weeks had been having serious effects on me, I can very well understand but how dare Ava point that out to me?!

“Ava, while coming to school, I wasn’t sent to be guarded and shielded around by a mother. I am a mature lady who can take good care of herself. See…” I was charging at her when she gulped silently and fell into her bed, dropping her crutches beside her.

“I know you can! I know!” She threw her hands into the air and looking closely, I saw tears in her eyes.

What?

“I don’t know for real why you have been avoiding me these days. You don’t go to the chapel when I invite you and even when CSA holds morning devotions, you don’t join. I asked the simple question now and you are…”

“Stop there and stop acting the innocent lady. I am not attending any of your meetings because I am not going to allow my head to be bowed in meetings being led by some witches and wizards who have just been destined to destroy my life!” I said and watched the tears in her eyes drop.

“That is the new strategy? That we are witches and wizards? Destroy your life, really?” She asked like she was talking about something I couldn’t understand.

“I don’t know what you are talking about, really but Ava, I have told you not once or twice before, leave me alone! See, even if you see me entering fire, as long as it is not your fire, allow me! If not, what I will show you in this school, will take more than your broken leg!” I said rashly, picked up my bag and stormed out of the room not caring to look at her face to check the effect of my words.

“Have a wonderful day Miss” The door said as I jumped out through it but I wasn’t in the smiling mood to reply as I always did.

The very thing I hate much in the world is jealousy and competition!

If I used to love you and then I start to smell jealousy and rivalry, I would be very far from you and deal madly with you!

I was more than crazy the week before when I heard Ava discussing with her dad about the fact that she wanted to attend the medical conference too. What if I was not chosen? Would she have felt like participating too?

And then her friends changed towards me. Whenever they met me on the way, they would raise their noses as if I was one odour to avoid!

Oh how my pride was hurt!

As I was dressing up on ‘resuming’ into our room after few days of staying in a coursemate’s room, she walked up to me and asked:

“Still going for the medical conference?”

It was the simple question that aroused the anger in me and made me present a sizeable punishment to her.

Why was she so concerned about the medical conference thing?

Why?

The medical conference was postponed till after a week so that the main doctor in charge, Dr. Earl would be able to attend.

I checked at the hospital the day before but he wasn’t available. They said he’d been discharged and then I got his message on Whatsapp saying I should meet him in front of the senate building so I could attend the medical conference.

I hastened my steps- I loved trekking even though my friends pay for ‘drop’. Why can’t I walk few miles when I have walked more miles than athe fastest car in SMC has ever covered?!

I passed the back of the cafeteria so I would be there more quickly.

Looking at my wristwatch, it was about ten minutes to 8- almost time.

I raised my head and there he was in his car, just right behind the senate building. My face broke into a smile as I saw him in his lovely blue top, beaming with health!

His face was powdery dark and as he locked his car, a tab in his right hand, I hastened to play some hide and seek with him.

As I tiptoed, he suddenly turned and saw me. He burst out laughing out loud as I pouted.

I was caught!

“You look good sir” I said and he smiled as I genuflected before him.

“Glory to God my dear. You look awesome too” He said and I did blush as I fumbled with the belt of my shirt.

“How do you feel now sir? I was so concerned that I came to check again yesterday but I was told you’d been discharged.” I said and he smiled again as he grabbed my right hand.

“Let’s go have our seats there. We still have about fifteen minutes before the conference” He said and I nodded.

My wristwatch was obviously five minutes fast.

I was feeling very funny as he held my hand but I just couldn’t place my feelings.

Could I be having feelings for my teacher?

Or is it pity?

Whatever I was feeling, I had never felt it before in my entire life.

I was lost in thoughts so much that I didn’t even see him talk less of stop him from wiping the gossip chair for me.

“Sit down Miss” He said and I came back to my environs. I sat down and he did same.

Miss?…oops!

From the side of my eye, I could see him looking into my face for a long time. The silence was awkward!

“Thank you darling. Thank you!” He said eventually and I gasped.

“Its a pleasure sir.”

“I know of a truth that God used you for me Beverly. He used you! If you were not there, I could have died!” He continued and my inside couldn’t resist the dancing.

If Dr. Earl wouldn’t stop, I could do some crazy stuffs.

“I am indebted to you forever! I will always remember this kind deed. Everyone who heard about the incident praised you! You are very rare!” He said again and I smiled on.

“Thanks for the compliments sir” I said and bowed slightly.

“Can we be friends? I mean, I want to know you better. Will you allow me?” He asked and I frowned slightly, coming back to my senses.

Does he have feelings for me?

Friends?

What kind of friends can one have with a man?

Just suddenly, when I couldn’t hold it, when I remembered who I was and where I was coming from, I held my tummy for a while and gasped.

My tummy went sour at once and my eyes became misty.

Who was I to even dream of having feelings towards Dr. Earl?

I stood up and faced him.

“I am very sorry sir” I said, genuflecting. Of course he looked shocked as he signalled for me to sit down.

I did obey but I sat very far away from him.

“I have a stitch on my tummy. If you notice, I wear peplums most of the time so that my obvious tummy isn’t revealed” I started. He frowned a bit and blinked thereafter.

Source: https://ashsalt.com/2020/05/693/

Cc: Lalasticlala, Adunjesuara, Tinycoloredmira, Folanubi148, Bukoladauda, QueenMoyinoluwa, Gracebupo, dunayodawodu, PeterSuccess1, Daretobeone, Faithfulwrites2, lolaspen, Peculiar2020, TemidayoRiches, aved29, trophygracie, fumsin, nueltosin1, Adekemi01, ShalomA, Debbyboboye, Clemency24, Fayodamilola, Ruthina1, Honymix, Geniusepoxy, PeculiarInspiro, DebbP, Aymee, Multivite, TheEdenPlace20, Specialneedsedu, omeizadeborah, Oluwamarytalabi, treasuretaiwo, Botapreneur, Olajhidey22

(1) (Reply)

The Big Night! / Need A Creative Writer #1 per word / Looking For Christian Ebook Writers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.