Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,851 members, 7,841,213 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Obaseki Was Nowhere When I Drafted APC Constitution – Ize-iyamu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Was Nowhere When I Drafted APC Constitution – Ize-iyamu (418 Views)

Why Obaseki Was Not Removed As Governor – Oba Of Benin / Obaseki Was Oshiomhole's Best Man At His Wedding To Iara (Throwback Photos) / Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaseki Was Nowhere When I Drafted APC Constitution – Ize-iyamu by Nellyfrancis157: 12:04pm On May 30, 2020
Following the crisis in the Edo State Chapter of the All Progressives Congress, the Deputy Governor of Edo State , Philip Shaibu , has appealed to the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd . ) , to intervene in the crisis .
He alleged that the party’ s National Chairman , Adams Oshiomhole , was bent on destroying the President ’ s anti -corruption legacy .
The deputy governor also alleged that Osagie Ize -Iyamu, who has also obtained the form for the election from the APC and is the consensus aspirant for a faction of the party, is not a registered member of Edo APC, and as such not qualified to contest the election.
“ Ize -Iyamu is not a member of the Edo APC because he is not registered in his ward . The constitution is clear on who a member is . He agreed to the fact that he didn’ t register at the ward and his ward chairman didn’ t register him.

“ The constitution says for one to be a member of the APC in the state, he or she must be a registered member of the party in his or her ward , ” he said on Friday.
Meanwhile , Ize -Iyamu has dismissed claims that he is not a member of the party, saying those disputing his membership of the party are only engaging in a fruitless exercise .
A statement signed by the Director of Communication and Media to Pastor Osagie Ize -Iyamu Campaign Organisation, Mr John Mayaki, said , “ Pastor Osagie Ize -Iyamu was one of those who not only formed the APC but drafted the constitution of the APC .
“ When Pastor Osagie Ize -Iyamu and others were putting the party together , the governor , Mr Godwin Obaseki, was not there and nowhere to be found; so how do you expect a man who should be a beneficiary of a house that he helped to build being stopped from gaining access into the house?
“ However, knowing the rules, Pastor Osagie Ize -Iyamu went to his ward chairman , Mr Ogbebor, in Ugboko ward in Orhiomwon to say he and his teeming followers were coming back home, and he was given the party card. ”

Re: Obaseki Was Nowhere When I Drafted APC Constitution – Ize-iyamu by seanfer(m): 12:12pm On May 30, 2020
So Obaseki and his Deputy are now asking Buhari to intervene on their behalf. They didn’t know that PMB is still the leader of the party when they refused to inaugurate 14 APC HOA members till date.
They forgot PMB when they were attacking anybody that did not support their attack on Oshiomhole.
Same Deputy went to submit petition to IGP and also request that Oshiomhole should be arrested.
They forget that they will still contest under the party platform that have Oshiomhole as the National Chairman.
They should not play the victim card here. Let Obaseki and POI meet at the primary. Maybe the best candidate win.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Was Nowhere When I Drafted APC Constitution – Ize-iyamu by Sunnymatey(m): 12:48pm On May 30, 2020
That complaint should be laid in the court.
Buhari is not a judge nor court of law.

Times for Obeseki to cross to test his strength.
As far as APC is concern, his chances are very slim
Re: Obaseki Was Nowhere When I Drafted APC Constitution – Ize-iyamu by neoclassical: 1:44pm On May 30, 2020
That is why it is good to destroy your enemy totally, both in body and soul according the Robert Greene in his "48 Laws of Power".

Since Obaseki did not succeed in destroying Oshomole completely, he has recovered and now he (Osho) is demanding Obaseki's pound of flesh.
I repeat, crush your enemy totally.

(1) (Reply)

The 3rd Edition Of The National MSME Awards 2020. All You Need To Know. / 2023: Falana, Shehu Sani, Ezekwesili, 27 Others Form New Political Movement / Nigerians Accuse Awkuzu SARS Officer Of Killing 6000 People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.