Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,149 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Beauty Queen Wife Of Minneapolis Cop Derek Chauvin Files For DIVORCE On Same Day - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Beauty Queen Wife Of Minneapolis Cop Derek Chauvin Files For DIVORCE On Same Day (2173 Views)

Nigerian Man Asked To Leave UK After His Cheating Wife Files For Divorce / Doctor Divorces His Beauty Queen Wife After Discovering She's A Secret Call Girl / Delta Couple Announce Their Divorce On Facebook (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beauty Queen Wife Of Minneapolis Cop Derek Chauvin Files For DIVORCE On Same Day by CovidVaccine: 12:32pm On May 30, 2020
Beauty queen wife of Minneapolis cop Derek Chauvin files for DIVORCE on same day he is arrested and charged with George Floyd's murder and says she is 'devastated' for the dead man's family

HOMEPAGE

Wife of Derek Chauvin, the police officer charged with murdering George Floyd, files for divorceSarah Al-Arshani May 30, 2020, 12:46 AM

This photo provided by the Ramsey County Sheriff's Office shows former Minneapolis police Officer Derek Chauvin, who was arrested Friday, May 29, 2020, in the Memorial Day death of George Floyd. Courtesy of Ramsey County Sheriff's Office via APThe wife of the officer seen in the video kneeling on George Floyd'sneck before he died has filed for divorce, local outlet WCCO reported. Derek Chauvin was arrested and charged with third-degree murder and manslaughter on Friday. Floyd's family have called for more serious charges. Three other officers involved in the incident have not been charged. Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.

The wife of Derek Chauvin, the fired police officer charged with murdering George Floyd, has filed for divorce, according to a statement from her lawyers.

"This evening, I spoke with Kellie Chauvin and her family. She is devastated by Mr. Floyd's death and her utmost sympathy lies with his family, with his loved ones and with everyone who is grieving this tragedy. She has filed for dissolution of her marriage to Derek Chauvin," Kellie Chauvin's attorneys said. 

"While Ms. Chauvin has no children from her current marriage, she respectfully requests that her children, her elder parents, and her extended family be given safety and privacy during this difficult time," they added.

Chauvin knelt on Floyd's neck for several minutes while arresting him on Monday. Floyd became unresponsive during the arrest and was later pronounced dead.

https://www.insider.com/wife-officer-who-kneeled-george-floyds-neck-files-divorce-2020-5

Re: Beauty Queen Wife Of Minneapolis Cop Derek Chauvin Files For DIVORCE On Same Day by dangermouse(m): 12:46pm On May 30, 2020
Even though done out of her safety n that of her immediate family, its still the right thing to do

4 Likes

Re: Beauty Queen Wife Of Minneapolis Cop Derek Chauvin Files For DIVORCE On Same Day by alexsoftwork(m): 12:52pm On May 30, 2020
Na so, Expected. if found guilty, he will spent 25 years in prison for 2nd degree murder and 10 years for voluntary manslaughter.
Now she knows her husband is a monster.

4 Likes

Re: Beauty Queen Wife Of Minneapolis Cop Derek Chauvin Files For DIVORCE On Same Day by Ningen(m): 12:53pm On May 30, 2020
For better or worse??

1 Like

Re: Beauty Queen Wife Of Minneapolis Cop Derek Chauvin Files For DIVORCE On Same Day by Klass99(f): 12:55pm On May 30, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Beauty Queen Wife Of Minneapolis Cop Derek Chauvin Files For DIVORCE On Same Day by DaddyGngeess(m): 12:58pm On May 30, 2020
Good. Very good

1 Like

Re: Beauty Queen Wife Of Minneapolis Cop Derek Chauvin Files For DIVORCE On Same Day by dangermouse(m): 1:04pm On May 30, 2020
Klass99:

She should have done so sooner.

I read previous allegations brought against that officer and I cringed at how he was so full of cruelty.

The wife tried, staying with him this long. But I also wonder, what happened to, for better for worse?

I don't blame her for leaving though.
Its her choice. She must have been condoling with her husbands cruel nature for long. This last act broke the camels back for her. The husband intentionally murdered that man as can be seen from the recorded video.

3 Likes

Re: Beauty Queen Wife Of Minneapolis Cop Derek Chauvin Files For DIVORCE On Same Day by Pavore9: 1:07pm On May 30, 2020
Ningen:
For better or worse??

E no reach for someone who killed another human being.

2 Likes

Re: Beauty Queen Wife Of Minneapolis Cop Derek Chauvin Files For DIVORCE On Same Day by BEEFIE: 2:18pm On May 30, 2020
lesson learnt;
you're alone in this world. everyone love you until you are in trouble

2 Likes

Re: Beauty Queen Wife Of Minneapolis Cop Derek Chauvin Files For DIVORCE On Same Day by viettastitches(f): 3:30pm On May 30, 2020
smart woman.
Re: Beauty Queen Wife Of Minneapolis Cop Derek Chauvin Files For DIVORCE On Same Day by MostSoughtAfte(f): 3:40pm On May 30, 2020
If it’s a Nigeria woman she will pack all her children and go beg for his pardon.... ignoring the fact that he might kill her someday too..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beauty Queen Wife Of Minneapolis Cop Derek Chauvin Files For DIVORCE On Same Day by Mstick: 3:51pm On May 30, 2020
All this Nigerian women sef, they don't know how to love. If it's was a white or an Asian woman they would have stood by him.

#TEAMFOREIGNWOMEN.

9 Likes

Re: Beauty Queen Wife Of Minneapolis Cop Derek Chauvin Files For DIVORCE On Same Day by Bossjakande: 3:55pm On May 30, 2020
Mstick:
All this Nigerian women sef, they don't know how to love. If it's was a white or an Asian woman they would have stood by him.

#TEAMFOREIGNWOMEN.
I think she is right to dump him but d children will feel pains. why kill a man cos his black.
Re: Beauty Queen Wife Of Minneapolis Cop Derek Chauvin Files For DIVORCE On Same Day by StubbornGENIUS: 3:56pm On May 30, 2020
Issoright
Re: Beauty Queen Wife Of Minneapolis Cop Derek Chauvin Files For DIVORCE On Same Day by merieam16(f): 5:16pm On May 30, 2020
Ningen:
For better or worse??
For worse 4 go
Re: Beauty Queen Wife Of Minneapolis Cop Derek Chauvin Files For DIVORCE On Same Day by merieam16(f): 5:18pm On May 30, 2020
Mstick:

#TEAMFOREIGNWOMEN.
wat is dis 1 sayin?

6 Likes

Re: Beauty Queen Wife Of Minneapolis Cop Derek Chauvin Files For DIVORCE On Same Day by mfm04622: 5:36pm On May 31, 2020
Pavore9:

E no reach for someone who killed another human being.

This is really a strategy to protect his assets from civil lawsuits. They will divorce and he will give up all assets to his "ex-wife". If a civil lawsuit is successful, there won't be anything for him to give up. Another of the cop involved is a brother to the wife.

1 Like

Re: Beauty Queen Wife Of Minneapolis Cop Derek Chauvin Files For DIVORCE On Same Day by mediocre(m): 7:53pm On May 31, 2020
Reminds me of the series Billions. They're only trying to protect the assets, it is not the first time he has killed someone unjustly
Re: Beauty Queen Wife Of Minneapolis Cop Derek Chauvin Files For DIVORCE On Same Day by foreveryoung1515(f): 11:41pm On May 31, 2020
Better!
Re: Beauty Queen Wife Of Minneapolis Cop Derek Chauvin Files For DIVORCE On Same Day by Babysawale19: 1:54am On Jun 01, 2020
mfm04622:

This is really a strategy to protect his assets from civil lawsuits. They will divorce and he will give up all assets to his "ex-wife". If a civil lawsuit is successful, there won't be anything for him to give up. Another of the cop involved is a brother to the wife.
What assets does a cop have? She cannot have access to anything till this case is over. George Floyd’s family will file a suit against his estate and they will win. Whether it’s in his wife’s hands or not. She ran away for her safety before someone traces and kills her
Re: Beauty Queen Wife Of Minneapolis Cop Derek Chauvin Files For DIVORCE On Same Day by cococandy(f): 2:48am On Jun 01, 2020
Klass99:

She should have done so sooner.

I read previous allegations brought against that officer and I cringed at how he was so full of cruelty.

The wife tried, staying with him this long. But I also wonder, what happened to, for better for worse?

I don't blame her for leaving though.

Two things I suspect.

1) she did it in attempt to protect her assets which she jointly owns with her husband and can be subject to liquidation to fulfill settlement requirements (he’s getting sued HARD).

2) or she is secretly abused and this is her opportunity to break free from him.

But I don’t believe for a second that she didn’t know what he was capable of. She either stayed because she was in support of his wickedness or she was afraid to leave because of his power as a law enforcement agent.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beauty Queen Wife Of Minneapolis Cop Derek Chauvin Files For DIVORCE On Same Day by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 01, 2020
alexsoftwork:
Na so, Expected. if found guilty, he will spent 25 years in prison for 2nd degree murder and 10 years for voluntary manslaughter.
Now she knows her husband is a monster.
All na format. It's a plan to acquire/transfer assets from him to her so that government won't seize property . You think she didn't know he was rascist? She will now open a GoFundMe account and cash out

All these white women can be sneaky golddiggers na. They are lovey dovey until its time to bleed a man dry

1 Like

Re: Beauty Queen Wife Of Minneapolis Cop Derek Chauvin Files For DIVORCE On Same Day by Nobody: 10:53am On Jun 01, 2020
cococandy:

Two things I suspect.

1) she did it in attempt to protect her assets which she jointly owns with her husband and can be subject to liquidation to fulfill settlement requirements (he’s getting sued HARD).

2) or she is secretly abused and this is her opportunity to break free from him.

But I don’t believe for a second that she didn’t know what he was capable of. She either stayed because she was in support of his wickedness or she was afraid to leave because of his power as a law enforcement agent.
gbam

1 Like

Re: Beauty Queen Wife Of Minneapolis Cop Derek Chauvin Files For DIVORCE On Same Day by Hathor5(f): 11:17am On Jun 01, 2020
I have mixed feelings here. She did not know what kind of person she was married to? Or she just takes the exit because he might end in prison for long? In case she knew the kind of person he was, it is her job to stand by the man she said "for better for worse" to.
Re: Beauty Queen Wife Of Minneapolis Cop Derek Chauvin Files For DIVORCE On Same Day by ccffwx: 12:59pm On Jun 01, 2020
News Flash: White women don't lose themselves nor their lives because of men, yet the men value them. Nigerian women can die over man Mata, yet they are seen as trash. If you like, don't open your eyes.

2 Likes

Re: Beauty Queen Wife Of Minneapolis Cop Derek Chauvin Files For DIVORCE On Same Day by bukatyne(f): 1:16pm On Jun 01, 2020
I honestly don't know what to make of this news IF there is no ulterior motive for the divorce.
Re: Beauty Queen Wife Of Minneapolis Cop Derek Chauvin Files For DIVORCE On Same Day by Saintmary(f): 1:40pm On Jun 01, 2020
MostSoughtAfte:
If it’s a Nigeria woman she will pack all her children and go beg for his pardon.... ignoring the fact that he might kill her someday too..
I saw it play out this last month.

1 Like

Re: Beauty Queen Wife Of Minneapolis Cop Derek Chauvin Files For DIVORCE On Same Day by Biglittlelois(f): 1:47pm On Jun 01, 2020
merieam16:
wat is dis 1 sayin?

Next time, try to understand sarcasm.

2 Likes

Re: Beauty Queen Wife Of Minneapolis Cop Derek Chauvin Files For DIVORCE On Same Day by Biglittlelois(f): 1:49pm On Jun 01, 2020
wisdomiskey:

Leave her, Mstick lost her daughter 3 months ago due to neglect... it's only natural that her brain hasn't been functioning well ever since cry

Your moniker is true, but you lack wisdom.

3 Likes

Re: Beauty Queen Wife Of Minneapolis Cop Derek Chauvin Files For DIVORCE On Same Day by sisisioge: 1:50pm On Jun 01, 2020
If a human being who's tasked with protecting people could kill so brutally in broad day light, one should flee from them biko.
Re: Beauty Queen Wife Of Minneapolis Cop Derek Chauvin Files For DIVORCE On Same Day by Biglittlelois(f): 1:55pm On Jun 01, 2020
Hathor5:
I have mixed feelings here. She did not know what kind of person she was married to? Or she just takes the exit because he might end in prison for long? In case she knew the kind of person he was, it is her job to stand by the man she said "for better for worse" to.

Even if she knew the kind of man he is/was, standing by him is not a job, it is a choice, the fact that she married him doesn't mean she said that ridiculous recitation, we don't know that aspect of their life.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

'mrs.', A Woman's Highest Qualification / Sex Before Marraige Is It An Issue? / Widowed Mother Of Triplets And Twins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.