Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,364 members, 7,812,043 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:02 AM

Beyonce & Rihanna Condemns Death Of George Floyd - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Beyonce & Rihanna Condemns Death Of George Floyd (748 Views)

Beyonce, Rihanna And Nicki Minaj Baby Bumps (Pictures) / Nigeria Protesters Crys For Help As Beyonce, Rihanna And Nick Minaj Speaks / George Floyd: Kanye West Donates $2 Million, Pays College Tuition For Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beyonce & Rihanna Condemns Death Of George Floyd by Illustrious90: 2:05pm On May 30, 2020
Two popular music stars, Rihanna and Beyonce have totally condemned the death of George Floyd, the unarmed African American man who was pinned down with a knee to his neck and later died by a white police officer in Minneapolis.

The two big shots made the condemnation on their respective Instagram pages and demanded that more charges should be pressed on all the police officers involved in the death of George Floyd after ex- Minneapolis officer, Derek Chauvin, who knelt on George Floyd’s neck till he died, was arrested and charged with 3rd degree murder on Friday.

Rihanna wrote on her page, “For the last few days, the magnitude of devastation, anger, sadness I’ve felt has been overwhelming to say the least! Watching my people get murdered and lynched day after day pushed me to a heavy place in my heart!”, she said.

She continued by saying, “To the point of staying away from socials, just to avoid hearing the blood curdling agony in George Floyd’s voice again, begging over and over for his life!!! The look of enticement, the pure joy and climax on the face of this bigot, murderer, thug, pig, bum, Derek Chauvin, haunts me!!”

“I can’t shake this! I can’t get over an ambulance pulling up to an arrest, a paramedic checking a pulse without removing the very thing that’s hindering it! Is this that fucking normal If intentional MURDER is the fit consequence for ‘drugs’ or ‘resisting arrest’….then what’s the fit consequence for MURDER! #GeorgeFloyd #AhmaudArbery #BreonnaTaylor.”

Beyonce on the other hand, calls for petition from anyone who demands more charges to be pressed on the killers of George Floyd. She wrote making a video, “If you want to demand more charges brought on all those involved in the death of George Floyd, click the link in my bio to sign the petition”.

See video below

https://www.newswheelng.com/beyonce-condemns-death/

Re: Beyonce & Rihanna Condemns Death Of George Floyd by Righteousness89(m): 2:15pm On May 30, 2020
T
Re: Beyonce & Rihanna Condemns Death Of George Floyd by AJOBI77(m): 2:16pm On May 30, 2020
angry
Re: Beyonce & Rihanna Condemns Death Of George Floyd by TheSourcerer: 2:38pm On May 30, 2020
Rip big Floyd
Re: Beyonce & Rihanna Condemns Death Of George Floyd by tillaman(m): 2:58pm On May 30, 2020
Fenty!! My queen
Re: Beyonce & Rihanna Condemns Death Of George Floyd by fishjam: 3:54pm On May 30, 2020
Rip floyd
Re: Beyonce & Rihanna Condemns Death Of George Floyd by Vyzz: 4:41pm On May 30, 2020
cool grin

(1) (Reply)

Yemi Alade To Perform Alongside Justin Beiber At 2020 Global Goal Concert / I Had My First Sex In The First Class Section Of A Plane — Bobrisky Says / Juliet Ibrahim & Top 9 Single Ladies Causing Stirs On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.