Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,664 members, 7,844,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

6 Ways To Prevent Teenage Pregnancy - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 6 Ways To Prevent Teenage Pregnancy (298 Views)

Teenage Girl Swept Away By Flood Buried Near Surulere Canal / 6 Ways To Make Toothbrushing Fun For Kids / How To Prevent Heart Attack At Any Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

6 Ways To Prevent Teenage Pregnancy by TeamMedicos: 5:38pm On May 30, 2020
Earlier this year, I went to a nearby city to visit a colleague. As I was driving, I saw a grocery store along the road, so I decided to get some fruits for my friend. The person who happened to be the sales girl was a young girl around 14 years old. I was shocked seeing her with a large tummy.

At first, I guess she was obese, but the strange noise that emanates from a corner clears my doubt. It was her boss, raining abusive words on her because she found out that her responses to customers were dull and drab. From the harsh conversation, I heard the woman calling her “Mummy twins,” which sarcastically means someone that gave birth to a twin or expecting a twin.

SIX TIPS TO PREVENT TEENAGE PREGNANCY

1. Abstinence :Before a girl can get pregnant, there will have been sexual intercourse between a boy or man and the girl. Over the years, abstaining from sex remains the best way to put an end to teenage pregnancy and also protect the teens against the risk of contracting different sexually transmitted diseases(STDs).

As a young girl, you should restrict any other person from having access to some part of your body either by touching, kissing, or tickling because they stimulate the sex hormone, making your body have an urge for sex. The part includes the private part, thigh, and lips.

2.Contraceptive Techniques : Another effective way to prevent teenage pregnancy is by exposing teens to different contraceptive techniques. It is important to have adequate knowledge of different contraceptive techniques even if you have to indulge in sexual intercourse.

The primary aim of contraception is to prevent unplanned pregnancy by keeping the male sperm and the female egg apart. Below are different available contraceptive techniques for teenagers :

Use of condoms( Both male and female)
Use of Caps
Natural family planning
Use of Vaginal
Intrauterine device (IUD)
Use of diaphragm
Combined pills
Progesterone -only pills
Contraceptive injection
Contraceptive implant etc

Read full article here :https://teammedicos.com/six-ways-to-prevent-teenage-pregnancy/

Source: www.teammedicos.com

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19 Outbreak And The Transportation Industry / Eat Onugbu, Ugu To Fight COVID-19, Obiano Tells Anambra People / loss Of Smell..Is this just Malaria Or Covid?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.