Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,340 members, 7,822,611 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

My Neighbor "Mistakenly" Damaged My Properties But Refuses To Tak Responsibility - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Neighbor "Mistakenly" Damaged My Properties But Refuses To Tak Responsibility (1025 Views)

Video: Lady Cuts Off Her Boyfriend’s Penis While He Was Asleep, He Wakes Up Tak. / "I Killed My Co-Tenant’s Son Because His Dad Damaged My Womb" -Chinenye Ndubuife / Man Refuses To Be Arrested By SARS In Benin. Photos/video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Neighbor "Mistakenly" Damaged My Properties But Refuses To Tak Responsibility by Afroban(m): 7:59pm On May 30, 2020
Hello Guys

My compound has four 2 Bedroom flats and a single mini flat. I stay in the mini flat, we all use the same junction box. The man that stays in flat 3 brought an electrician to fix a fault in his apartment, the electrician works on the junction box and "mistakenly" tampered with my own unit which resulted in a power surge in my apartment. I wasn't around when the work was done because I work 8am-6pm, so I leave house early and entered late. when I came back from work there was no light, so I was running on gen, when light came, I switch over and everything that was on went booom. The following items got damaged: compressor of my Panasonic AC of 1.5hp, Thermocool fridge of 160litre, LG TV 43 inches, LG sound-bar, Bluegate stabilizer 5000kva , DSTV decoder and my PS4 slim all got damaged including little appliances like phone charges, power guard, extension boxes etc

My neighbor said he's not responsible for the incident, he didn't even say sorry, instead he called the electrician a slowpoke and said many silly things, he keeps blaming the electrician and failed to realize that he's the one that called the electrician which damaged my properties, I have never seen such an highly unreasonable fellow before. I already informed the landlord but he pleaded with me to let go. I really want to call the police on him tomorrow but I'm just thinking if I'm going too far.

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor "Mistakenly" Damaged My Properties But Refuses To Tak Responsibility by Hoodbilonia: 8:03pm On May 30, 2020
U lost close to 400k worth of personal effects
Nawa o
Re: My Neighbor "Mistakenly" Damaged My Properties But Refuses To Tak Responsibility by Afroban(m): 8:15pm On May 30, 2020
Hoodbilonia:
U lost close to 400k worth of personal effects
Nawa o

Higher than 400k in purchase price. I bought them new. I really love living with my neighbors in peace but this loss is really hard for me to bear.

4 Likes

Re: My Neighbor "Mistakenly" Damaged My Properties But Refuses To Tak Responsibility by Nobody: 8:21pm On May 30, 2020
Having bad neighbors is worse that having a bad partner. Because there's nothing they give except problems

2 Likes

Re: My Neighbor "Mistakenly" Damaged My Properties But Refuses To Tak Responsibility by Hoodbilonia: 8:22pm On May 30, 2020
Nawa o. Naija tenants na curse. Dah na why i dey hate under 25-30. Id rathee take woeking class than riff raffs wey go give person stress.
U get luck say the house no catch fire
Na thr yur eye for open
Afroban:

Higher than 400k in purchase price. I bought them new. I really love living with my neighbors in peace but this loss is really hard for me to bear.
Re: My Neighbor "Mistakenly" Damaged My Properties But Refuses To Tak Responsibility by longetivity(m): 8:38pm On May 30, 2020
go carry soldier come
Re: My Neighbor "Mistakenly" Damaged My Properties But Refuses To Tak Responsibility by decatalyst(m): 8:39pm On May 30, 2020
Afroban:

This is heartbreaking...to read.

In this hard time, someone was indirectly responsible for this and he is still yearning dust?

If to say to pay evil with evil no good, nah to go repair all, wait for three months and put two direct lines on his meter when the light is gone and wait for groans of agony. undecided

3 Likes

Re: My Neighbor "Mistakenly" Damaged My Properties But Refuses To Tak Responsibility by SILVERLINES: 9:52pm On May 30, 2020
Afroban:
Hello Guys

My compound has four 2 Bedroom flats and a single mini flat. I stay in the mini flat, we all use the same junction box. The man that stays in flat 3 brought an electrician to fix a fault in his apartment, the electrician works on the junction box and "mistakenly" tampered with my own unit which resulted in a power surge in my apartment. I wasn't around when the work was done because I work 8am-6pm, so I leave house early and entered late. when I came back from work there was no light, so I was running on gen, when light came, I switch over and everything that was on went booom. The following items got damaged: compressor of my Panasonic AC of 1.5hp, Thermocool fridge of 160litre, LG TV 43 inches, LG sound-bar, Bluegate stabilizer 5000kva , DSTV decoder and my PS4 slim all got damaged including little appliances like phone charges, power guard, extension boxes etc

My neighbor said he's not responsible for the incident, he didn't even say sorry, instead he called the electrician a slowpoke and said many silly things, he keeps blaming the electrician and failed to realize that he's the one that called the electrician which damaged my properties, I have never seen such an highly unreasonable fellow before. I already informed the landlord but he pleaded with me to let go. I really want to call the police on him tomorrow but I'm just thinking if I'm going too far.

the landlord must be insane.

Bro the damage is too much. Call the police arrest both him and the electrician

They must pay for the damage.

Some people na too much ego will kill them

3 Likes

Re: My Neighbor "Mistakenly" Damaged My Properties But Refuses To Tak Responsibility by ePrive(m): 11:08pm On May 30, 2020
If they're still acting ignorantly....call the police on them. But be careful not to spend more on the police case than necessary....you know how Nigerian police can be.
NB: calling the police on your neighbour, in this case, is okay. But remember that this will turn him to a bitter neighbour....whether you're in the right or not.
There're only a few things on earth more dangerous than a bitter neighbour. So consider your options very well.
Re: My Neighbor "Mistakenly" Damaged My Properties But Refuses To Tak Responsibility by tellwisdom: 11:30pm On May 30, 2020
U mean u plugged all these appliances at the same time??
Re: My Neighbor "Mistakenly" Damaged My Properties But Refuses To Tak Responsibility by lexdany(m): 12:11am On May 31, 2020
for reals mehn that's too bad man, I feel your pain....

meanwhile check out my signature
Re: My Neighbor "Mistakenly" Damaged My Properties But Refuses To Tak Responsibility by ePrive(m): 8:47am On Sep 22, 2020
How did you settle this matter later?
Re: My Neighbor "Mistakenly" Damaged My Properties But Refuses To Tak Responsibility by Dreyton36: 9:24am On Sep 22, 2020
Fvck mehnnnnnnnn

Listen up OP that time has passed when people use the slogan "don't pay bad with bad"

From the way you narrated the story it's obvious that your neighbor is proud and talks anyhow without thinking twice

That's the same thing you should do , treat people the way they wanna be treated , no let any pastor preach for you
If you let him go , if he's in a position to do worse next time he won't hesitate cuz he knows you'll let go
To make money not easy , plus sleepless nights and stress

Carry better soldiers take pick up the idiot , from there he'll also call the electrician to get arrested too
While he's inside guard room he'll be purchasing your items asap after much slaps

Next time he'll avoid you 1000000% thank me later

No let anybody destroy your hustle all in the name of trying to avoid trouble , them they give wahala trouble sef mehnnnnnnnn

Lights up my weed

3 Likes

Re: My Neighbor "Mistakenly" Damaged My Properties But Refuses To Tak Responsibility by gulfer: 10:49am On Sep 22, 2020
If you have all your facts correct, you can get a lawyer involved and get a court arbitration through your report on negligent damage at the police station. The landlord, your neighbor and the slowpoke electrician should bare some of the expenses. Do not let the police treat the matter like the usual criminal issues where they extort; get a lawyer involved.
This is also an eye-opener for me when changing apartment; carry out an electrical audit and install a separator cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor "Mistakenly" Damaged My Properties But Refuses To Tak Responsibility by xband: 11:12am On Sep 22, 2020
Op how far with the case.
Come and gist us what action you took..
Re: My Neighbor "Mistakenly" Damaged My Properties But Refuses To Tak Responsibility by andyanders: 11:40am On Sep 22, 2020
Op, I feel your pain. Living among insane people is a big problem. Note, ur neighbor is wrong by bringing an electrician who is not a PHCN staff to work on ur meter, is an offence.

To handle this, ask to see the electrician.

When he comes, show him the damage done and request refund. If he refuse, get him arrested and then, that ur proud neighbor will be arrested along. Get PHCN officials involved by reporting that they did an illegal work on PHCN property. That is an offence.

That should be the best way to get ur neighbor.

2 Likes

Re: My Neighbor "Mistakenly" Damaged My Properties But Refuses To Tak Responsibility by Samcoflex75(m): 8:59pm On Nov 16, 2020
I normally put off all my devices when changing from gen to nepa, apart from what your neighbor did, nepa can bring very high voltage sometimes without notice

(1) (Reply)

How I Escaped From Police Custody — Ibadan Serial Killer Reveals / How We Killed My Wife’s Friend, Sold Her Head For 70,000 Naira / I Was Used As A Guarantor Without My Knowledge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.