Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,082 members, 7,821,721 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

HELP; My Caucasian Puppy Is Dying - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / HELP; My Caucasian Puppy Is Dying (3299 Views)

Help!!! My Dog Is Dying / Please Help Sanchez My Puppy Is Dying / Help! Ruggedman Is Dying!! :-( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP; My Caucasian Puppy Is Dying by joeadoga(f): 7:36am On May 31, 2020
My Caucasian puppy is passing watery and smelly stool and has refused eating anything. What can i feed her and what should I do? Please, I need help
Re: HELP; My Caucasian Puppy Is Dying by dlaw281(m): 7:39am On May 31, 2020
joeadoga:
My Caucasian puppy is passing watery and smelly stool and has refused eating anything. What can i feed her and what should I do? Please, I need help
is there any trace of blood in the stool and try giving it water and see if it will drink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HELP; My Caucasian Puppy Is Dying by Geepee77(m): 7:49am On May 31, 2020
If there's blood in the stool, then it might be Parvo. How old is the dog? You can buy flagyl to stop the watery stooling.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HELP; My Caucasian Puppy Is Dying by CrazyCrane: 8:23am On May 31, 2020
joeadoga:
mine was stooling badly yesterday.
I gave him flagyl and I also dewormed him.
then I didnt give him food till 6pm
I noticed it stopped and the poo is solid this morning.
pls check out for his poo if there's trace of blood.
keep you dog hydrated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HELP; My Caucasian Puppy Is Dying by rentAcock(m): 8:49am On May 31, 2020
I don't mean to make light of your situation but it seems like your puppy has COVID-19. Just as in some humans, animals may have GI symptoms like loose watery stool. You should immediately give it some antibiotics then take it to a university hospital so it can be placed under a ventilator. Goodluck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HELP; My Caucasian Puppy Is Dying by joeadoga(f): 9:56am On May 31, 2020
No trace of blood. She drank water.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: HELP; My Caucasian Puppy Is Dying by joeadoga(f): 9:57am On May 31, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HELP; My Caucasian Puppy Is Dying by Geepee77(m): 9:59am On May 31, 2020
rentAcock:
I don't mean to make light of your situation but it seems like your puppy has COVID-19. Just as in some humans, animals may have GI symptoms like loose watery stool. You should immediately give it some antibiotics then take it to a university hospital so it can be placed under a ventilator. Goodluck.

Lol... No be only covid19 na covid30 grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP; My Caucasian Puppy Is Dying by joeadoga(f): 10:04am On May 31, 2020
dlaw281:
is there any trace of blood in the stool and try giving it water and see if it will drink
No trace of blood, but she drank water

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HELP; My Caucasian Puppy Is Dying by joeadoga(f): 10:07am On May 31, 2020
Geepee77:
If there's blood in the stool, then it might be Parvo. How old is the dog? You can buy flagyl to stop the watery stooling.
She's 6 weeks old. There's no blood in the stool. Just watery and smelly. I'd try the Flagyl medication. What's the dosage please?
Re: HELP; My Caucasian Puppy Is Dying by joeadoga(f): 10:09am On May 31, 2020
CrazyCrane:

mine was stooling badly yesterday.
I gave him flagyl and I also dewormed him.
then I didnt give him food till 6pm
I noticed it stopped and the poo is solid this morning.
pls check out for his poo if there's trace of blood.
keep you dog hydrated.
I've dewormed her and she's taken her first dose of vaccine. She's refusing to eat however.
No trace of blood in her poo..
What type of food do you feed yours with, pls?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HELP; My Caucasian Puppy Is Dying by CrazyCrane: 10:12am On May 31, 2020
joeadoga:

I've dewormed her and she's taken her first dose of vaccine. She's refusing to eat however.
I feed mine whatever I have
But mostly on Dry food and proteins.
Re: HELP; My Caucasian Puppy Is Dying by Geepee77(m): 10:17am On May 31, 2020
joeadoga:

She's 6 weeks old. There's no blood in the stool. Just watery and smelly. I'd try the Flagyl medication. What's the dosage please?

5ml twice daily
Re: HELP; My Caucasian Puppy Is Dying by dlaw281(m): 11:05am On May 31, 2020
Geepee77:

5ml twice daily
since not trace of blood try this but try feeding it with milk mixed with water to have little strength am sure it will take that and use the drug but please still watch out for the poo
Re: HELP; My Caucasian Puppy Is Dying by joeadoga(f): 12:29pm On May 31, 2020
Geepee77:

5ml twice daily
OK. Thank you
Re: HELP; My Caucasian Puppy Is Dying by CrazyCrane: 12:35pm On May 31, 2020
joeadoga:

OK. Thank you
How is your pup now?
Re: HELP; My Caucasian Puppy Is Dying by Kaykay999(m): 1:36pm On May 31, 2020
joeadoga:

I use big syringe to feed my dog,if she refuse to eat.

Just prepare pap(Akamu) and mix with red oil
Then you use the syringe to feed ur dog direct to the mouth by force,it will not bite you just be careful with it.

Please try this method and also take the dog to a vet

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: HELP; My Caucasian Puppy Is Dying by joeadoga(f): 5:48pm On Jun 01, 2020
CrazyCrane:

How is your pup now?
She's still groaning in pains. The vet came in yesterday to admister some drugs, but nothing improved. She's been like that through out today. Vomits whatever I feed it and have literally not eaten since yesterday. cry
Re: HELP; My Caucasian Puppy Is Dying by nojigreat(m): 5:51pm On Jun 01, 2020
joeadoga:

Is she stooling
Re: HELP; My Caucasian Puppy Is Dying by joeadoga(f): 7:10pm On Jun 01, 2020
nojigreat:

Is she stooling
Yes she is. Been stooling watery... She even pushed out her rectum through her anus today while straining. We had to push it back. Ever since, she's been groaning in pain. I only just gave her glucose
Re: HELP; My Caucasian Puppy Is Dying by Godfirst01(m): 7:40pm On Jun 01, 2020
joeadoga:

Yes she is. Been stooling watery... She even pushed out her rectum through her anus today while straining. We had to push it back. Ever since, she's been groaning in pain. I only just gave her glucose

Get a professional vet not road side guy that sells dogs food and accessories to do a proper diagnosis of the dog and don't rule out parvovirus. The earlier you start a proper treatment,the better for the dog.
Re: HELP; My Caucasian Puppy Is Dying by CrazyCrane: 8:05pm On Jun 01, 2020
joeadoga:

She's still groaning in pains. The vet came in yesterday to admister some drugs, but nothing improved. She's been like that through out today. Vomits whatever I feed it and have literally not eaten since yesterday. cry
What did the vet say is the issue?
Re: HELP; My Caucasian Puppy Is Dying by mayim(m): 7:59am On Jun 02, 2020
I do not mean to scare you @op. My 8 weeks old dog started showing this same symptoms and a vet told me over the phone to deworm him and administer flagyl. I refused and took him to a standard vet hospital in Ikeja Lagos. He tested positive to Parvo Virus. It’s so so sad but he has started treatment, he’s in great pain but I’m hoping he’ll make it. The earlier you detect Parvo the better. I know 5k is a lot but if u can, just try and get him tested. It can be painful, I brought my cute Eskimo puppy home just a week ago but we’ve formed a strong bond already and I can’t just see him pass away so I’m doing all I can. All the best with your dog
Re: HELP; My Caucasian Puppy Is Dying by joeadoga(f): 4:59pm On Jun 02, 2020
I noticed some traces of blood in her stool today. The vet said it's Parvo. She's been administered some injections and ORS
Re: HELP; My Caucasian Puppy Is Dying by Geepee77(m): 5:23pm On Jun 02, 2020
joeadoga:
I noticed some traces of blood in her stool today. The vet said it's Parvo. She's been administered some injections and ORS

I knew it was Parvovirus, please if you are not seeing any changes in the treatment, just change vet.
Re: HELP; My Caucasian Puppy Is Dying by Godfirst01(m): 8:15pm On Jun 02, 2020
[quote author=joeadoga post=90239391]I noticed some traces of blood in her stool today. The vet said it's Parvo. She's been administered some injections and ORS[/quot

Re: HELP; My Caucasian Puppy Is Dying by Godfirst01(m): 8:17pm On Jun 02, 2020
Read for guidance

Re: HELP; My Caucasian Puppy Is Dying by JOLSOFT(m): 12:31am On Jun 03, 2020
From what you said, it every possible its parvo. My dog had thesame issue last year I had to get a good vet. The dog was on drip for 3 days and the recovery process was slow but she made it. Eventhough she died some month later due to some other reasons but she survived parvo.
Re: HELP; My Caucasian Puppy Is Dying by Medunah: 1:06pm On Jun 04, 2020
joeadoga:
Is she better now?

1 Like

Re: HELP; My Caucasian Puppy Is Dying by Patthezzy(m): 2:32pm On Jun 04, 2020
My female lhasa apso pup also showed the same thing.
She pooped water smelly poop since Yesternight.
Also this morning.
But she's eating.
No blood in her poop
Re: HELP; My Caucasian Puppy Is Dying by Geepee77(m): 4:39pm On Jun 04, 2020
Patthezzy:
My female lhasa apso pup also showed the same thing.
She pooped water smelly poop since Yesternight.
Also this morning.
But she's eating.
No blood in her poop

Give flagyl and observe, once you notice he's not eating again please visit the vet.
Re: HELP; My Caucasian Puppy Is Dying by Positive13: 4:49pm On Jun 05, 2020
Please get bisacodrl tablet grind just two to three capsule with bottle and then open her mouth, pure the content in.make sure u hold her mouth together till she swallows.leave her and watch the miracle happen.she should eat that same day.repeat it again the next day.u can reach me on 08183479249 for more details.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Samoyed And Canecorso Puppies For Sale / World's Hairiest Sheep Saved From Being Wooled To Death. / American bulldog puppy for sale in ph, male

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.