Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,762 members, 7,820,651 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Why Do Church Goers See Non Church Goers As Weird People. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Church Goers See Non Church Goers As Weird People. (246 Views)

Why I Choose To Be A Non-church Goer / Winners Chapel Gives Church Goers Who Dressed Inappropriately, Maternity Gowns / Every Sunday, 70% Of Church Goers Commit Fornication & Adultery. Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Church Goers See Non Church Goers As Weird People. by wolextayo: 7:37am On May 31, 2020
For me I prefer to stream church service online, follow favorite preachers on local and internet radios. But to my greatest surprise people believe that you have to be in the four walls of a church. Is this really necessary?

N.B- I’m not criticizing church goers.
Re: Why Do Church Goers See Non Church Goers As Weird People. by omoiyamayor(m): 7:45am On May 31, 2020
Brainwashed. This was aimed at creating division among us to delay our progress.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Church Goers See Non Church Goers As Weird People. by Nobody: 7:52am On May 31, 2020
Going to the four walls of a church is neccesary because the Bible said " do not forsake the gathering of brethren" There's a reason for that bible passage...God is passing across a message that we should always worship together so as to strenghten each other in faith... Faithwise we as Christains are not equal.
If you Decide to worship alone, its not really a sin but i don't think it'll give God pleasure as much as if you congregate with others.
Re: Why Do Church Goers See Non Church Goers As Weird People. by MightySparrow: 8:27am On May 31, 2020
wolextayo:
For me I prefer to stream church service online, follow favorite preachers on local and internet radios. But to my greatest surprise people believe that you have to be in the four walls of a church. Is this really necessary?

N.B- I’m not criticizing church goers.
not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another; and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. Heb. 10: 25
Re: Why Do Church Goers See Non Church Goers As Weird People. by MJBOLT: 8:48am On May 31, 2020
the bitter truth is that most nigerian christians dont go to church to worship god.they go to church to charge phones,show off,brag about themselves etc.some have no reason to go to church other than "going sake"

#ZOMBIES

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Church Goers See Non Church Goers As Weird People. by OtemAtum: 9:12am On May 31, 2020
Going to church is what the sheep are used to. They will surely see you as weird because they are used to going and you do otherwise.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Church Goers See Non Church Goers As Weird People. by orunto27: 9:13am On May 31, 2020
Many don't know the meaning of CHURCH.
Re: Why Do Church Goers See Non Church Goers As Weird People. by Vic2Ree(m): 9:51am On May 31, 2020
Hebrews 10:24-25 King James Version (KJV)

24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: 25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

I'm an atheist after abandoning the faith about two years ago. However, even from a Christian viewpoint, attending church on Sundays is not as mandatory as people make it seem.

At first, there is the common assumption that the day of rest aka Sabbath is supposed to be on Sunday. The Sabbath was actually meant to be on a Saturday but the Roman Empire Constantine, a mere mortal like us, changed it to Sunday.

Also, in the Christian doctrine, a relationship with Yahweh is important, and can only be achieved through Jesus his son. NOT by attending the "fellowship of the brethren".

There is only one important reason for attending church: to commune with, and establish mutually beneficial relationships with other individuals (brothers and sisters) of the same faith for the growth of the church.

Christians today are - to put it mildly - a very gullible bunch. They depend on flawed mortals such as themselves to feed them with the "word of god". They gobble up misinformation with much delight. Going to church is now a measure of righteousness such that a prostitute can walk up to you and compare herself with you, condemning you for not going to church.

Long story short: It is not by force to attend church. It is neither an option nor is it a law. Yahweh never made it a commandment. Although, it is highly advised because it helps strengthen the faith when "the brethren" live together in unity. What is important to secure favour in god is a strong relationship with Christ. Most people who claim to be Christians, have next to no relationship with Christ deep down in their heart. Them going to church is just self deceit.

Stop shaming people for not attending church. Didn't the bible say not to judge? There is no condemnation in Christ Jesus. If you decide never to go to church, your god will not bemad at you, even if you stay home and watch TRACE Naija like I'm sure a bunch did this Sunday
wink

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Why Has God Not End This Pandemic / What You Should Know About Prophets and Prophecies / A Soldier’s Cry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.