Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,573 members, 7,812,865 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

Mtn Finally Introduces 12 Naira Per Minute ? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn Finally Introduces 12 Naira Per Minute ? (5962 Views)

MTN Finally Acquires Visafone / MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? / Airtel Slashes Call Tariff To All Networks To N12 Per Minute (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn Finally Introduces 12 Naira Per Minute ? by Emmyk(m): 10:26am On Jan 20, 2011
I checked my balance this morning and saw "UR MTN PAYGO BALANCE IS, CALL FOUR MTN NUMBERS AND AN INTERNATIONAL NUMBER AT 20K per second. DIAL *560*NUMBER# "
Re: Mtn Finally Introduces 12 Naira Per Minute ? by akinreals: 11:16am On Jan 20, 2011
we thank God oo, atleast we can call 6 people for 12naira per minute, 4 mtn numbers, 1 in other network and also 1 international number. praise God.
Re: Mtn Finally Introduces 12 Naira Per Minute ? by WackyJ1(m): 11:19am On Jan 20, 2011
I saw it too. But this stinks of a promo to me. Do they mean i can't call someone for 4mins?
Re: Mtn Finally Introduces 12 Naira Per Minute ? by ayusman16(m): 11:20am On Jan 20, 2011
This is no promo ooo
MTN Talk -on is a service that offers 50% discount on daily calls to MTN to MTN numbers after the 1st minute
The 1st minute call is charged at N30, thereafter calls from the 2nd minute, are charged at N15 per min
However, calls to other networks are charged at N35 per min
MTN SELECT
This provides customers the unique opportunity of calling the 8 most called international destinations at a discounted rate .
Selected countries are
USA
Canada
Lebanon
China
South Africa
Saudi Arabia
UK
India

MTN MAGIC NUMBER
This is a first-of-its-kind service that enables a customer call any registered MTN number for free within a one month period at a cost of N250 per month
To Register for MTN Magic Number text *563*1*MSISDN#

MTN BUNDLES
(N1,500) bundle (60 on-net mins+ 200 sms)
This is a combination of on-net minutes and sms offered at a bundled price of N1,500 to give a middle value customer greater value for money

(N6,000) bundle (250 national mins +200 national sms)
This is an all-in-one bouquet of national minutes and sms to give a high value customer access to make calls and send sms to all networks.
Re: Mtn Finally Introduces 12 Naira Per Minute ? by Emmyk(m): 12:20pm On Jan 20, 2011
Ha! See what Airtel caused Nigeria Networks! Bring it on! ! !
Thinks aloud *meaning airtel will introduce yet another lower tariff*. Ha!

1 Like

Re: Mtn Finally Introduces 12 Naira Per Minute ? by Joe50(m): 12:33pm On Jan 20, 2011
calls on mtn netwk is still very expensive comparing it with airtel, glo, and etisalat,
these mtn peeps, then 2 get sense,
Re: Mtn Finally Introduces 12 Naira Per Minute ? by Emmyk(m): 12:50pm On Jan 20, 2011
I'd better wait before I use my mtn credit. I dont wanna be a scape goat. My mum loaded 100naira ds morning en she called an mtn number for 1:40seconds, mtn charged 59naira shap shap. She called me en we analysed it, if it were to be airtel, let assume it's the first call of the day, u're charged 36naira for 1 minute. Then the remaining 23naira, u will speak for 1:59 second ! ! !
She immediately say she'll opt for airtel this afternoon, which I've been begging,convincing,telling her to buy since year Y2K6 when u're charged 70k/77k persecond respectively. I laughed!
Re: Mtn Finally Introduces 12 Naira Per Minute ? by Joe50(m): 1:31pm On Jan 20, 2011
i think i'll give airtel a chance,
Re: Mtn Finally Introduces 12 Naira Per Minute ? by Emmyk(m): 3:29pm On Jan 20, 2011
Hop In!
Re: Mtn Finally Introduces 12 Naira Per Minute ? by EUGENE4GOO(m): 5:52pm On Jan 20, 2011
Migrating to MTN Paygo or MTN TalkOn offers you a number of optional features. Features of the two plans, tariffs and codes for switching are below: MTN PayGo Migrate by sending 400 to 131.
6 Family & Friends Number: 4 which must be MTN Numbers, 1 Number from any GSM Network, 1 International Number @N12 /min or 0. 20 k/secs .
Magic Number: Call a number for free @ N250 /month Happy Hour calls from 00 :30 to 04 :30 to any MTN Line.
Note: Tariff 4 MTN to MTN or MTN to Other network remains as it is 4 happylink and funlink charge.

MTN TalkOn (Smartlink parkage)
Migrate by sending 401 to 131.
1st 60 secs calls in a day @ N0.50 k/secs. After 1 minute @ N0. 25 k/secs.
MTN Select: Calls to USA/Canada for as low as N0.20 k/secs.
Magic Number: Call a number for free @ N250 /month Happy Hour calls from 00 :30 to 04 :30 to any MTN Line
Re: Mtn Finally Introduces 12 Naira Per Minute ? by Tokotaya: 7:55pm On Jan 20, 2011
What I find incredible is the Magic Number, wherein you pay nothing for calling a number for the whole month after registering with N250. I'm getting MTN SIM for my wife fast! Hopefully, they wont stop it when people rush them.
Re: Mtn Finally Introduces 12 Naira Per Minute ? by ciscostaz: 8:07pm On Jan 20, 2011
Hmnnn. Am not impressed. Na only MTN to MTN call I go dey make? shiostic. undecided
Re: Mtn Finally Introduces 12 Naira Per Minute ? by Oiza(f): 8:32pm On Jan 20, 2011
Please has anyone tried the magic number? Does it work? It sounds good but MTN has kinda shown me in the past so one has to be careful,
Re: Mtn Finally Introduces 12 Naira Per Minute ? by sbabatunde1: 9:00pm On Jan 20, 2011
The tariff of Airtel is better
Re: Mtn Finally Introduces 12 Naira Per Minute ? by sashaa(f): 10:03pm On Jan 20, 2011
Oiza:

Please has anyone tried the magic number? Does it work? It sounds good but MTN has kinda shown me in the past so one has to be careful,
mehhn, i don't blame you for wanting to be careful oh. My friend added my number as a magic number and i recieved this sms from 123:
y'ello, 080*** has invited you as a magic number. Dial *563*1*my friends number# to accept or *563*2*my friends number# to reject.

Problem now is when i dial the said code,(after several trials cos it keeps saying service busy) it tells me that i have no invitation from the said number! Like wtf!
Re: Mtn Finally Introduces 12 Naira Per Minute ? by Stallion84(m): 4:15am On Jan 21, 2011
To me, the whole package is RUBBISH. whilst other networks are slashing call rates massively, MTN dey do cunny cunny. u can imagine that thier on net mtn- mtn calls still go for 30 naira while to other networks is still 35 naira. Previously, family and friends used to be 15 naira, and all they could do was a 2naira cut off it (now 13naira). do they think i only have 6 contacts on my phone or what. As far as i am concerned, Aitel and Etisalat are better choices and henceforth my MTN is meant for recieving kols only. am going airtel asap. mtn tif tif
Re: Mtn Finally Introduces 12 Naira Per Minute ? by EUGENE4GOO(m): 4:38am On Jan 21, 2011
My friend, u are right. I don't use mtn to call again, apart from family and friends. Any way, the magic no. Make sense. Free call to that no. 24hrs for 30days.
Re: Mtn Finally Introduces 12 Naira Per Minute ? by EUGENE4GOO(m): 4:47am On Jan 21, 2011
To register 4 magic number to one special no. This what u will do. Remember the
Inviter & Invitee Cost for One Month Subscription is N250. To register, dial *563*the person's No.# e.g. *563*0803 8901234#. If ur “invitee” decides to accept ur invite, she/he will dial *563*1* Ur No.# e.g. *563*1*0803 1234567. #250 will then be deducted frm your MTN TalkOn or PayGo account t as soon as ur “invitee” accepts ur invite. Note that ur invitee will not be charged for accepting ur invite but he/she can also call you free.
Re: Mtn Finally Introduces 12 Naira Per Minute ? by honsule(m): 6:33am On Jan 21, 2011
EUGENE4GOO:

To register 4 magic number to one special no. This what u will do. Remember the
Inviter & Invitee Cost for One Month Subscription is N250. To register, dial *563*the person's No.# e.g. *563*0803 8901234#. If your “invitee” decides to accept your invite, she/he will dial *563*1* your No.# e.g. *563*1*0803 1234567. #250 will then be deducted frm your MTN TalkOn or PayGo account t as soon as your “invitee” accepts your invite. Note that your invitee will not be charged for accepting your invite but he/she can also call you free.

Is not registering the No that matters,why can't i delete my MAGIC NO? grin grin grin grin
Re: Mtn Finally Introduces 12 Naira Per Minute ? by puskin: 7:56am On Jan 21, 2011
. . . . .dis emptyhen network's crookery comes in different variations and in different formats.
Re: Mtn Finally Introduces 12 Naira Per Minute ? by aieromon(m): 9:35am On Jan 21, 2011
With Glo,i make local calls at N15/min while my international calls are billed at N10/min.Giving me N12/min to 6 FAF is absolutely crap since Airtel provides the same tariff to all networks,regardless of whether the person you're calling is a friend or foe.

The only thing that might attract me is the magic number(which might turn out to be crap eventually).Whoever is in charge of their strategy & planning department deserves to be shot.
Re: Mtn Finally Introduces 12 Naira Per Minute ? by Nobody: 11:14am On Jan 21, 2011
Please don’t display your ignorance by abusing MTN. read more about the new plans here: http://www.mtnonline.com/index.php/paygo.html and http://www.mtnonline.com/index.php/talkon.html
And be informed that MTN is not a charity organization but a business which has salaries to be paid that feed the parents/guardians of some of you in one way or the other. None the less MTN remains committed to total customer satisfaction.

Key facts about recent MTN tariff changes

-The 5 Link Plans were simplified to only TWO basic plans - PayGo and TalkOn
-Happylink + Funlink = payGo while Smartlink+Prolink+BizLink=TalkOn
-all customers were migrated to the new plans yesterday (20th January) accordingly. Customers that had existing bundles (happylink,funlink etc) were not supposed to be migrated until the bundle expiry. I’m sure that issue will be addressed soon and the airtime/sms returned. Please exercise some patience.
-Free midnight call is now available to all MTN subscribers with the exception of postpaid customers
-family&friends is now 6 numbers. 4 MTN numbers, 1 other network and 1 international which must be a US or Canadian number.
-MTN magic number is a first-of-its-kind service available to both PayGo and TalkOn subscribers. It allows you to talk to one person free of charge for 30 days after an initial registration fee of N250 charged only to the person initiating the magic number service
-The 5 Link Bundles will be simplified to only 3 Bundles (HAPPYLINK FUNLINK and SMARTLINK)
-The 3 new bundles will only consist of different volumes of voice and SMS and Customers on PayGo and TalkOn can buy any of the 3 bundle plans
-Bundle minutes will now show in seconds. This is as a result of customer perception that we are charging per minute for bundles, which isn’t the case. You have 0 On-Net Seconds; 0 On-Net SMS; 0 National Seconds; 0 National SMS.
-BOIC as previously available on HappyLink has been discontinued but the remaining in Bonus account balance was migrated to On-net seconds account
Re: Mtn Finally Introduces 12 Naira Per Minute ? by WackyJ1(m): 11:30am On Jan 21, 2011
This magic number stuff means that one can call the person who added him free and call the person he added free as well.
Re: Mtn Finally Introduces 12 Naira Per Minute ? by Emmyk(m): 12:30pm On Jan 21, 2011
sashaa:

mehhn, i don't blame you for wanting to be careful oh. My friend added my number as a magic number and i recieved this sms from 123:
y'ello, 080*** has invited you as a magic number. Dial *563*1*my friends number# to accept or *563*2*my friends number# to reject.

Problem now is when i dial the said code,(after several trials cos it keeps saying service busy) it tells me that i have no invitation from the said number! Like wtf!
ha! I'm sure he was charged ö. They'll tell u. "No refunding".
Re: Mtn Finally Introduces 12 Naira Per Minute ? by pkv(m): 1:57pm On Jan 21, 2011
WackyJ1:

This magic number stuff means that one can call the person who added him free and call the person he added free as well.
ignorance?!pls indulge me 4da,yestamornin urs truly was given 1348 free national sms,i pounced on dem lyk a hungry hyena,lo i neva new i was chopulating my smal airtym, i nearly cry,2day i discoverd dat when i diald *559#, everyting was zero my free national sms inclusive!.a beta name 4 d monkey faced package is PAY ON, is dat ignorance?!
Re: Mtn Finally Introduces 12 Naira Per Minute ? by sashaa(f): 8:05pm On Jan 21, 2011
Yipee! The magic number finally worked!!!
And i think when it expires after a month, then you can choose another magic number if you wish to.
This is great, u guys. Everyone should tap into this.
Re: Mtn Finally Introduces 12 Naira Per Minute ? by Rihard(m): 8:28am On Jul 11, 2012
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#770077][/color]eeeh mtn don come again oh.............

(1) (Reply)

Mediatek MT6795 Smokes Snapdragon810 In Geekbench 3.0, Closes In Onexynos 7420 / Airtel's Double Data Offer For 6 Months : Don't Miss It / Do Taking Phone Calls Really Cause Explosions In A Gas House? (A True Review)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.