Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,450 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Starting Web Development Today - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Starting Web Development Today (1151 Views)

Do We Have Coding Bootcamps In Nigeria? / Faster Way To Learn Web Development. / For Young And Basic Web Development HOP IN / Take Your Web Development Skill/Career To The Next Level By Creating A Web App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starting Web Development Today by SqueezedPant: 10:56am On May 31, 2020
Hello , I'm starting my web development journey today ,I've already downloaded all my Udemy videos already , everything is set but I'm thinking of maybe reading some PDFs before using watching the Udemy videos , so can someone suggest good html and CSS PDFs ?

1 Share

Re: Starting Web Development Today by NwaEnugwuukwu(m): 11:06am On May 31, 2020
Things works differently for people. PDFs can be boring for some people while it doesn't for others.

Html and css are not hard to learn. Just grab the basics and carryout lots of personal projects with it before you know you will be good at it.

1 Like

Re: Starting Web Development Today by Inehmesit: 11:10am On May 31, 2020
Hapiexchange
Still buying PayPal and cashapp funds.
Open to Escrow, 24/7 instant payments
Sweet rates
Re: Starting Web Development Today by Nobody: 12:08pm On May 31, 2020
Bro, use w3school site
HTML is not a programming language, it is use to structure your site, what you are going to learn here are elements.
The elements are,
1.<p> . Paragraph element
2.<h>. Heading element
Others are <script>,<hr>,<ul>,<table>, if your location is Abuja, I can teach you to be full stack for free

1 Like

Re: Starting Web Development Today by SerikinGamo: 6:43pm On May 31, 2020
SqueezedPant:
Hello , I'm starting my web development journey today ,I've already downloaded all my Udemy videos already , everything is set but I'm thinking of maybe reading some PDFs before using watching the Udemy videos , so can someone suggest good html and CSS PDFs ?

You don't really need pdfs for now unless you want to take a really deep dive, you can get books when you start learning real programming languages. Andrew ngs course is good enough, but nothing will beat getting your hands dirty. Practice once in a while with freecodecamp and the Odin project
Re: Starting Web Development Today by PrinceDekunle: 9:59pm On May 31, 2020
SqueezedPant:

Have you considered learning C# which is a top and highly demanded technology of the Microsoft .Net framework?

Subscribe to my channel and learn everything for free from the scratch till you become a pro. Follow me on a journey to create fullstack software engineers.
On top of that, I would also be making vlogs about life as a software engineer and things to expect in the software industry.

I’m a software industry veteran with years of experience and derive joy in teaching students and aspiring engineers how to go about their craft.

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and watch my videos. You can thank me later by subscribing

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNrlP_X_VV4vg00P2QmDnw

You can as well join our Facebook community where we answer questions, discuss and share ideas about technologies
https://www./738709033333419/?ref=share
Re: Starting Web Development Today by PtBlank: 11:06pm On May 31, 2020
Is this Andrei's course?
[ author=SqueezedPant post=90152973]Hello , I'm starting my web development journey today ,I've already downloaded all my Udemy videos already , everything is set but I'm thinking of maybe reading some PDFs before using watching the Udemy videos , so can someone suggest good html and CSS PDFs ?[/quote]
Re: Starting Web Development Today by Nairaman001: 1:03pm On Nov 14, 2021
Hi @SqueezedPant , how can I contact you, I really want to learn web dev!…..Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Starting Web Development Today by Nairaman001: 1:05pm On Nov 14, 2021
Hi @PtBlank , how do I get Andrei’s course??
Re: Starting Web Development Today by SqueezedPant: 1:20pm On Nov 14, 2021
Nairaman001:
Hi @SqueezedPant , how can I contact you, I really want to learn web dev!…..Thanks

hello
Re: Starting Web Development Today by Unbiased1: 5:24pm On Nov 14, 2021
SqueezedPant:

I was like you when I also started. I downloaded few PDF files on programming but I ended up deleting all of them because, it was just so boring reading them. The best place to start your web programming journey is the w3schools' website and YouTube.
Looking at the picture you posted, I can see a folder named Advanced HTML grin To be honest, almost everything about HTML is simple so I don't know why there should anything like advanced HTML.
When you learn web programming with w3schools, you can search for topics you don't understand on YouTube and you will get great results.
From my experience, the best platforms where you can learn web programming are:

1) w3schools: HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Bootstrap & jQuery.
2) JavaScript info: This website is best website I have seen so far for learning JavaScript. It is advisable you first learn JavaScript from w3schools before jumping to the JavaScript info website.
3) YouTube: This is the best platform to learn virtually anything you want to learn free of charge. The only con of using YouTube is that you don't get a certificate after learning.
After learning on w3schools, you will definitely need YouTube to better understand some topics especially in CSS (position, flex, grid, float etc). Some of the best YouTube channels to learn web programming are "coding addict", "Travesty Media" and "The Net Ninja". You will get better understanding of web programming from those channels than even free code camp.

Wish you luck and a happy learning experience.

3 Likes

Re: Starting Web Development Today by PtBlank: 12:05am On Nov 19, 2021
You can buy it on Udemy. Or use free resources such as freeCodeCamp, w3schools or The Odin Project
Nairaman001:
Hi @PtBlank , how do I get Andrei’s course??
Re: Starting Web Development Today by sonofthunder: 5:24am On Nov 20, 2021
SqueezedPant:

Hello, I want to ask which app you used to download your udemy videos
Re: Starting Web Development Today by brownemmanuel43(m): 1:53pm On Jan 06
SqueezedPant:
Greeting chief, how did u download d udemy videos
Re: Starting Web Development Today by brownemmanuel43(m): 4:07pm On Jan 06
sonofthunder:

Hello, I want to ask which app you used to download your udemy videos
I hv being asking dis question l, were u able to know app to download udemy
Re: Starting Web Development Today by sonofthunder: 4:38pm On Jan 06
brownemmanuel43:

I hv being asking dis question l, were u able to know app to download udemy

No.... I just watched when I could on the site but they now have a mobile app

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Starting Web Development Today by brownemmanuel43(m): 6:07pm On Jan 06
sonofthunder:

No.... I just watched when I could on the site but they now have a mobile app
Does d mobile app consume data? Or can I download video via d app?
Re: Starting Web Development Today by sonofthunder: 7:22pm On Jan 06
brownemmanuel43:

You can download via the app
Re: Starting Web Development Today by sonofthunder: 7:23pm On Jan 06
brownemmanuel43:

I asked that question the cause I wanted to have the videos directly to my PC though.
Re: Starting Web Development Today by airsaylongcome: 9:37pm On Jan 06
sonofthunder:

I asked that question the cause I wanted to have the videos directly to my PC though.

downloadly dot ir

1 Like

Re: Starting Web Development Today by Lucaswong01: 1:55pm On Jan 08
Discover the power of Flutter with our adept developers, transforming your vision into stunning cross-platform applications.

https://www.mobileappdaily.com/directory/flutter-app-development-companies

(1) (Reply)

C-Sharp Programming Mentor Needed / Python Users Plz Help With This Django Error / Naira Land Computer Gurus Pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.