Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Python Users Plz Help With This Django Error - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Python Users Plz Help With This Django Error (1152 Views)

Python Django Android... / Advice Needed!!! Php Yii Vs Python Django / Web Development Opportunity In Python And Django (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Python Users Plz Help With This Django Error by Nobody: 12:28pm On May 02, 2013
am reading this ebook on using one of python's web framework module django which have a development database sqlite. So i was following this tutorials and suddenly ran into this error. I took time 2 snap the screens of my progress and wish for someone to help me out sort it out cos am really looking up to building a site wid python which was the main reason I want to learn python.
Am using compaq presario r3000 running windows 7 32bit. Am using python 2.7.3, django 1. 5
so this is the introduction to the chapter 2 of the ebook

Re: Python Users Plz Help With This Django Error by Nobody: 12:32pm On May 02, 2013
i did create a project called mysite in a separate folder of c:\web_dev\
and it all went well

Re: Python Users Plz Help With This Django Error by Nobody: 12:37pm On May 02, 2013
following the tutorials, it was time to run a development server which i did accordingly and it was like that was okay

Re: Python Users Plz Help With This Django Error by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 02, 2013
the next step was to just build a simple blog which i feel went accordingly, according to the photos. I created the blog app, followed the model design as shown in the picx and also added the mysite.blog string to the tuple in the settings as instructed

Re: Python Users Plz Help With This Django Error by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 02, 2013
now this is the place am suspecting there might be some problem but still don't know how it is, am using the inbuilt database server which is sqlite3 and seeing the picx, i made the adjustments as shown in the settings file. When i did run the manage.py syncdb command, instead of creating the tables as required, i got dat error

Re: Python Users Plz Help With This Django Error by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 02, 2013
the last error was:
importerror: no module named blog. I really need to sort this problem out to enable me go one with the tutorials and if there is any other suggestions to how to go about it, i'l appreciate
Re: Python Users Plz Help With This Django Error by Picomon(m): 9:41am On May 03, 2013
Sup bro? Welcome to the Django family. Can't see ur pics clearly but will do when I get on pc.

I think you need to add the app you created which is 'blog' to your installed apps. Do that and run the command, let me know the outcome.
Re: Python Users Plz Help With This Django Error by Nobody: 10:18am On May 03, 2013
Picomon: Sup bro? Welcome to the Django family. Can't see ur pics clearly but will do when I get on pc.

I think you need to add the app you created which is 'blog' to your installed apps. Do that and run the command, let me know the outcome.
bro thanks very much, when i posted this and saw no answers coming, i had to do some googling job and found this ur particular answer and it worked, i ran into anoda proble but will post it soon
Re: Python Users Plz Help With This Django Error by Picomon(m): 1:09pm On May 03, 2013
c++_crazy:
bro thanks very much, when i posted this and saw no answers coming, i had to do some googling job and found this ur particular answer and it worked, i ran into anoda proble but will post it soon

Glad it worked mehn... Post it and lets see.

Tip: If you're facing any error in django, after trying ur best to solve it and no success, try n Google it or Go to Stackoverflow.com and search for that kind of probz. Soon you will be familiar with bugs and you will find it easy to debug as time goes on.

Also, read Django docs always. Almost all what you need are in the docs. And don't try to reinvent the wheels, Django packages r there to help you do some stuffs.

Happy coding.

(1) (Reply)

Key Words: Programming,fortran,compilers,visual Studio / Java/web/android Gurus I Need Your Help / Web Development Startup Partner Needed In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.