Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,459 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Most Valuable Currencies In Africa (see Nigeria's Position) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Most Valuable Currencies In Africa (see Nigeria's Position) (6261 Views)

Five Highest Currencies In The World 2020 / What Is Your Most Valuable Asset In Life?(learn It And Feel Secure) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Valuable Currencies In Africa (see Nigeria's Position) by Oloun(f): 6:21pm On May 31, 2020
Help2020:
Op remove Ghana.they took off 0000 from their currency that's why it appears to be strong. If Nigeria decides to do same out currency will also be as strong as CEDI's.
what's this one saying Anyway I just checked your DP and found out you're influenced
Re: Most Valuable Currencies In Africa (see Nigeria's Position) by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 31, 2020
Shukusheka:
Strong currency doesn't necessarily tell you how healthy a country's economy is, GDP per capita is a better measure of the strength of the economy. For developing countries especially in Africa I'd argue the weaker the currency, the better for the economy as it makes it easier to attract Foreign Direct Investment. There is a reason why South Africa and Nigeria two major economic powerhouse in Africa are down the list on currency value.

I'm tired of explaining this to people who don't have a clue of how currency economics work. Weal currencies help your exports get priced cheaply, as well as provides you with massive cost arbitrage to produce cheaply. The trade war between the U.S and China started because China artificially weakened its currency for a very long time to gain unfair advantages in international trade.

2 Likes

Re: Most Valuable Currencies In Africa (see Nigeria's Position) by Help2020: 6:28pm On May 31, 2020
Oloun:
what's this one saying Anyway I just checked your DP and found out you're influenced
Mumu.can't you counter my claim with fact?get off my mention you idiot
Re: Most Valuable Currencies In Africa (see Nigeria's Position) by Oloun(f): 6:35pm On May 31, 2020
Help2020:
Mumu.can't you counter my claim with fact?get off my mention you idiot
grin still showing how influenced you are

1 Like

Re: Most Valuable Currencies In Africa (see Nigeria's Position) by psyco: 6:51pm On May 31, 2020
Oloun:
But still you people can't let the people go and be on their own so that Nigerian economy and currency will be among the best in the world.

Sometimes I wonder how foolish and stupid these other tribe's can be.
If the people want to go, nothing can stop them.
Re: Most Valuable Currencies In Africa (see Nigeria's Position) by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 31, 2020
jansonn:
Namibia!! My dream country!! Abeg if youre in Namibia or you know a thing or two about the country, please, mention me!! Am planning on relocating there in 2 or 3 years from now!! Pls!!
stay in your country and fix it stop running to another man lands
Re: Most Valuable Currencies In Africa (see Nigeria's Position) by Nobody: 7:00pm On May 31, 2020
Demburrows:
Please Forgive me my noble mod i beg you in the
name of God, i am for real. Please fellow nairaladers of
good conscience, friends/ friendly parents of school
teachers. and fellow brethrens of Christ . please help a
teacher that has been out of job for months due to the
covid 19 pandemic. The hunger is now unbearable. my
little kids they have been growing thin and crying all
day because they had nothing to eat its becoming
embarrassing , even the gas cooker has been empty for
days now. I beg of you my brothers and sisters please
any amount is a blessing. I promise to give back to the
society if you do this for me and my family. i use
access bnk 080 7 3 44 826 thank you and divine favours
follow you as the week unfolds.
can you really prove you are not fake?
Re: Most Valuable Currencies In Africa (see Nigeria's Position) by Ekemeze: 7:07pm On May 31, 2020
Re: Most Valuable Currencies In Africa (see Nigeria's Position) by Nobody: 7:15pm On May 31, 2020
southniyikaye:
can you really prove you are not fake?
yes sir i will ,please how do want me to prove my sincerity to you. please help me
Re: Most Valuable Currencies In Africa (see Nigeria's Position) by Oloun(f): 7:15pm On May 31, 2020
psyco:
If the people want to go, nothing can stop them.
You ain't a straightforward human! Ain't you in Nigeria or still don't you hear about the homicides and atrocities committed severally to the people by your people and your slave masters just because they declared their interest of leaving the evil amalgamation?

1 Like

Re: Most Valuable Currencies In Africa (see Nigeria's Position) by Nobody: 7:17pm On May 31, 2020
Demburrows:
yes sir please how do want me to prove my sincerity to you
pm me
Re: Most Valuable Currencies In Africa (see Nigeria's Position) by DamnnNiggarr: 7:26pm On May 31, 2020
Damn Niggarr!

I'm not happy with the poor economic performance of my country.

I'm not happy at all.
Re: Most Valuable Currencies In Africa (see Nigeria's Position) by Nobody: 7:26pm On May 31, 2020
southniyikaye:
pm me
I just did. but email Id I used in registering has been obsolete for very long because I misplaced the password .but u can always reach me on (edited) . thanks
Re: Most Valuable Currencies In Africa (see Nigeria's Position) by Nobody: 7:42pm On May 31, 2020
Obasanjo should have empowered Charles Soludo to re-evaluate the currency. Too much past mistakes brought these stockpiled woes upon us.

-Nigerian leaders and power intoxication are 5 and 6..
Re: Most Valuable Currencies In Africa (see Nigeria's Position) by Edopesin: 7:52pm On May 31, 2020
Using currency value to judge an Economy is a no brainier
Re: Most Valuable Currencies In Africa (see Nigeria's Position) by fk001(m): 8:04pm On May 31, 2020
Lies

1 dollar = 5 Cedis?

I laugh in Mensah
Re: Most Valuable Currencies In Africa (see Nigeria's Position) by ferdvict2(m): 8:09pm On May 31, 2020
PDP this nation wrong but APC was the greatest mistake of all time. If deliver us from this govt. I bet you, no meaningful Nigeria will vote for them again.
Re: Most Valuable Currencies In Africa (see Nigeria's Position) by Roon9(m): 8:20pm On May 31, 2020
Enoch07:
laugh wan finish me here!! weakest currencies in Africa Nigeria will soon too that list. "giANT of Africa" my balls

I weak
Re: Most Valuable Currencies In Africa (see Nigeria's Position) by jansonn(m): 8:43pm On May 31, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
stay in your country and fix it stop running to another man lands
Eyah, he pain you??
Re: Most Valuable Currencies In Africa (see Nigeria's Position) by Enoch07: 9:14pm On May 31, 2020
2mannoAmanno:
this is why i hate what i don't like. (spits on the phone screen)
between me and u talk true, did u spit on your phone screen?

1 Like

Re: Most Valuable Currencies In Africa (see Nigeria's Position) by Nobody: 9:25pm On May 31, 2020
Oloun:
Now see the ignorance and stupidity I am talking about! Which tribe manufactures shoes, clothes and other accessories more? Have you heard of Aba before? Which tribe dominates the entertainment industry in Nigeria?

If worse come upon worst is it not better to protest and inform your stupid tribe and masters to let the tribe dragging your useless country poultry backward to leave and be on their own as they wished?
Aba made shoes or products ? How does it sound to youcheesy
Yet all Aba made materials are imported

1 Like

Re: Most Valuable Currencies In Africa (see Nigeria's Position) by mytime24(f): 9:30pm On May 31, 2020
Hmm

1 Like

Re: Most Valuable Currencies In Africa (see Nigeria's Position) by psucc(m): 9:41pm On May 31, 2020
Shukusheka:
Strong currency doesn't necessarily tell you how healthy a country's economy is, GDP per capita is a better measure of the strength of the economy. For developing countries especially in Africa I'd argue the weaker the currency, the better for the economy as it makes it easier to attract Foreign Direct Investment. There is a reason why South Africa and Nigeria two major economic powerhouse in Africa are down the list on currency value.
. South Africa and who? Nigeria?

Guy, the issue of economic strength will be settled another day, now now now, it is currency strength, we are settling.

South Africa is in top 10 strong currencies in Africa and Nigeria is in top 10 weakest currency and you get mind to compare them.

1 Like

Re: Most Valuable Currencies In Africa (see Nigeria's Position) by Torture2020: 9:42pm On May 31, 2020
So why don’t you remove the zeros and stop making noise? It’s that simple, right?

Help2020:
Op remove Ghana.they took off 0000 from their currency that's why it appears to be strong. If Nigeria decides to do same out currency will also be as strong as CEDI's.

3 Likes

Re: Most Valuable Currencies In Africa (see Nigeria's Position) by psucc(m): 9:48pm On May 31, 2020
Drchristian:

"The another tribes" are doing their very best lest Nigeria would be the country with the worst currency around the globe.
Which tribe are you referring to?

A Niger-Deltan cook oil at his backyard to reduce importation of refined products, government burn am burn the person add am.

Igbo man, come manufacture prepaid meter, government say na substandard unto say e no go get "foreign exchange" on top. Na to destroy dem.

The tribes are trying but our government is the problem.
Re: Most Valuable Currencies In Africa (see Nigeria's Position) by Shukusheka(m): 10:00pm On May 31, 2020
psucc:
. South Africa and who? Nigeria?

Guy, the issue of economic strength will be settled another day, now now now, it is currency strength, we are settling.

South Africa is in top 10 strong currencies in Africa and Nigeria is in top 10 weakest currency and you get mind to compare them.
Nigeria's naira is't among top 10 weakest currency in Africa, I don't know where you are getting that misinformation from.

Do you know despite how strong the Japanese economy is, the Japanese Yen is just as weak as our naira? Even Chinese Yuan isn't among the top 20 strongest currencies in the world. No be by currency bros.
Re: Most Valuable Currencies In Africa (see Nigeria's Position) by onegig(m): 10:08pm On May 31, 2020
Bagehot:

I'm tired of explaining this to people who don't have a clue of how currency economics work. Weal currencies help your exports get priced cheaply, as well as provides you with massive cost arbitrage to produce cheaply. The trade war between the U.S and China started because China artificially weakened its currency for a very long time to gain unfair advantages in international trade.

They don't read and even listen. Lower exchange rates doesn't equate to stronger purchasing power.

The Japanese yen exchanges for $1 to Y107. Still yet it is one of the top 10 economies of the world.

What universal commodity would 1Cedi buy you and what would 67naira buy you. Those are the more common mam indicators of the strength of a currency not numbers.

It costs 3.85 cedis to buy a 35cl bottle of coke in Ghana. That is equivalent of 258 naira.

Same 35cl bottle of coke is sold for N70 in Nigeria. Tells you that 1 Naira is worth times 4 of whatever the Cedi is even after factoring in taxes and inflation

4 Likes

Re: Most Valuable Currencies In Africa (see Nigeria's Position) by DamnnNiggarr: 10:21pm On May 31, 2020
[s]
Drchristian:
I blamed people of that extraction, they major mostly on importation of goods to resell over the years discouraging local productivity. These people buried Nigeria into inflation. They don't produce anything but depends on oil and importation business. They even import used clothes and fake materials...making Nigeria dumping ground.

With Northerners and South west the currency would have been stronger
[/s]
Trash

Re: Most Valuable Currencies In Africa (see Nigeria's Position) by RoofWorks(m): 11:33pm On May 31, 2020
Na wa o sad
Re: Most Valuable Currencies In Africa (see Nigeria's Position) by chrisagyei: 11:45pm On May 31, 2020
onegig:

They don't read and even listen. Lower exchange rates doesn't equate to stronger purchasing power.

The Japanese yen exchanges for $1 to Y107. Still yet it is one of the top 10 economies of the world.

What universal commodity would 1Cedi buy you and what would 67naira buy you. Those are the more common mam indicators of the strength of a currency not numbers.

It costs 3.85 cedis to buy a 35cl bottle of coke in Ghana. That is equivalent of 258 naira.

Same 35cl bottle of coke is sold for N70 in Nigeria. Tells you that 1 Naira is worth times 4 of whatever the Cedi is even after factoring in taxes and inflation

35 cl bottle of coca cola and pepsi bottles are sold for 1 cedis in Ghana and am in Accra and buy them everyday. Stop copying and pasting that old lie on that website. Ask any person living in Ghana to confirm that to you and.Also in Ghana we pay 18% Value Added Tax(VAT) on all products sold on the markets. In addition to other taxes such as national health insurance tax on all products and so automatically, things will be slightly expensive in Ghana than Nigeria, aside that 1 cedis is always 67 naira and it's fixed.Send 1 cedis to Nigeria and you will be 67 naira rich.There's nothing as higher value buh naira more valuable than dollars.

The fact that you buy a product made in example Nigeria buh exported to USA for 10 dollars in USA buh same product is sold for 1 dollar equivalent in Nigeria does not mean naira is more valuable than dollars. Ask yourself, larger production of such products locally and very little taxation makes a product less expensive that's why cost of living in UK is more than that of Nigeria or Gambia because they pay more taxes and more quality goods and other factors

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Most Valuable Currencies In Africa (see Nigeria's Position) by Oloun(f): 12:25am On Jun 01, 2020
Drchristian:

Aba made shoes or products ? How does it sound to youcheesy
Yet all Aba made materials are imported
Then mentioned one ofe mmanu manufactured product (I ain't talking about agbo prepared with human skulls).

You know what upsets me? You don't hate this people so much, you blame this people for every misfortune befalling the country, you claim said that these people is dragging the country down, you said that you don't want this people to be in same country with you, this people said they want to leave the country so that they won't cause more damages to you but you refused to let them go sad

You check am yourself nah; aren't you hypocritical, selfish and wicked?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oau 2017/2018 Admission Cut-off Marks Released (photos) / CHRISLAND RAPE: See Who Is To Be Blamed / 5 Bedroom Country Home Design With Basement.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.