Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

SpaceX Launch: NASA Astronauts Make History - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / SpaceX Launch: NASA Astronauts Make History (31800 Views)

Four Astronauts Make History With Spacex Launch / NASA Astronauts Safely Splash Down As SpaceX Crew Dragon Returns From Space / SpaceX Flew Over Nigeria On Way To Space Station – Hadi Sirika (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SpaceX Launch: NASA Astronauts Make History by Nobody: 2:08pm On May 31, 2020
Rodwave:
And one useless country is still borrowing more to renovate 2 by 2 airport and 1980 locomotive train.

60 years after, nothing to show that humans inhabit the British created burial ground called Nigeria. Shameless country.

That's because we are not an industrial country, we are a country that from independence has been dependent on exporting raw materials, and importing stuff whose value is greater than what we export.

And what we export, the price is not controlled by us, it is controlled abroad.

If we want to develop, we have to do the hard work of being an industrial nation, but unfortunately, most Nigerians want to chop money.

3 Likes

Re: SpaceX Launch: NASA Astronauts Make History by apexx1071: 2:08pm On May 31, 2020
[color=#] 990502[/color]
Re: SpaceX Launch: NASA Astronauts Make History by apexx1071: 2:08pm On May 31, 2020
Re: SpaceX Launch: NASA Astronauts Make History by Nobody: 2:09pm On May 31, 2020
SpatialKing:
Congratulations to America NASA - National Aeronautics and Space Administration and Elon Musk SpaceX this is beyond Quantum leap.

I have a dream: One day Nigeria NASRDA and Innoson Vehicles would lunch Nigeria into space.

Would lunch? grin grin grin my guy na so hunger de wire u this afternoon... Abeg its launch not lunch oooo

8 Likes

Re: SpaceX Launch: NASA Astronauts Make History by Moneywirer: 2:10pm On May 31, 2020
it will take Nigeria a million years to get to this level. The problem isn't just the leaders, the average Nigerian has a really messed up psyche, if we'll ever get better the rehabilitation should begin from the masses.

3 Likes

Re: SpaceX Launch: NASA Astronauts Make History by sammysneh(m): 2:11pm On May 31, 2020
wen will we get things ryt
Re: SpaceX Launch: NASA Astronauts Make History by ElonMosque(m): 2:12pm On May 31, 2020
Amotolongbo:
This makes me remember October 22, 1844.

MASSIVE DISAPPOINTMENT OO grin grin grin
Re: SpaceX Launch: NASA Astronauts Make History by ElonMosque(m): 2:12pm On May 31, 2020
sammysneh:
wen will we get things ryt

120years give or take.
Re: SpaceX Launch: NASA Astronauts Make History by SoNature(m): 2:14pm On May 31, 2020
When is Elon Musk taking us to the moon?

I am so ready for the expedition.

God bless America!
Re: SpaceX Launch: NASA Astronauts Make History by an0nguy: 2:15pm On May 31, 2020
Re: SpaceX Launch: NASA Astronauts Make History by Marshal3045(m): 2:16pm On May 31, 2020
AngelicDamsel:

Every achievement of man deserves celebration because we all benefit one way or the other.
Can I DM you?
Re: SpaceX Launch: NASA Astronauts Make History by Dobodobo04: 2:16pm On May 31, 2020
What’s the big deal in this launch? Russia has been providing shuttle to the international space station for over a decade, and without making a meal out of it and for much cheaper. Let’s pls put this event in perspective and not overreact.

8 Likes

Re: SpaceX Launch: NASA Astronauts Make History by ume1000: 2:16pm On May 31, 2020
AhoadaRivers:
Idiotic fo0ls will tell you 'nigeria will be great again'. grin
the question is to whether Nigerians want Nigeria to be great

1 Like

Re: SpaceX Launch: NASA Astronauts Make History by Siga: 2:17pm On May 31, 2020
blowjohn:
trump my guy!
Carry on!
U too much!
...this has nothing to do with Trump. It started cooking 2002...

4 Likes

Re: SpaceX Launch: NASA Astronauts Make History by Rodwave: 2:18pm On May 31, 2020
kikero:

That's because we are not an industrial country, we are a country that from independence has been dependent on exporting raw materials, and importing stuff whose value is greater than what we export.

If we want to develop, we have to do the hard work of being an industrial nation, but unfortunately, most Nigerians want to chop money.

You think people that lives in this jungle are not hardworking? It is an abomination to make such claims knowing that you yourself work to earn a living for yourself.

Nigeria as a country is useless. It is structurally designed to fail her people. It is the only country in this world without a citizen. Nigeria has failed, and must be disbanded for the good people in it to breathe fresh air. Any right thinking person must make it a duty to see the dissolution of this 21 century abomination called Nigeria. Useless country.

4 Likes

Re: SpaceX Launch: NASA Astronauts Make History by apexx4225: 2:18pm On May 31, 2020
[color=#] 4436323[/color]
Re: SpaceX Launch: NASA Astronauts Make History by apexx4225: 2:19pm On May 31, 2020
Re: SpaceX Launch: NASA Astronauts Make History by Nobody: 2:19pm On May 31, 2020
NASA: Institution of the old serpent and dragon who hijacked and manipulated the true science of God into lies.

From ancient astrology to modernised astronomy- keeps changing the truth of the living God into a lie. Liars!!

1 Like

Re: SpaceX Launch: NASA Astronauts Make History by DanDeeBoss(m): 2:19pm On May 31, 2020
kikero:

smart submission smiley

1 Like

Re: SpaceX Launch: NASA Astronauts Make History by Danisaint112(m): 2:21pm On May 31, 2020
AhoadaRivers:
Idiotic fo0ls will tell you 'nigeria will be great again'. grin

Don't mind them.blind followers and lovers or insanity angry sad

1 Like

Re: SpaceX Launch: NASA Astronauts Make History by Dobodobo04: 2:21pm On May 31, 2020
Moneywirer:
it will take Nigeria a million years to get to this level. The problem isn't just the leaders, the average Nigerian has a really messed up psyche, if we'll ever get better the rehabilitation should begin from the masses.

Don’t be so pessimistic. Rocket science isn’t that elusive or unattainable. If science, facts and technology become our new religion, we got a chance. If we start building libraries instead of churches and mosques, we could aspire to send man to Mars.

7 Likes

Re: SpaceX Launch: NASA Astronauts Make History by tot(f): 2:23pm On May 31, 2020
Rodwave:

You think people that lives in this jungle is not hardworking? It is an abomination to make such claims knowing that you yourself works to earn a living for yourself.

Nigeria as a country is useless. It is structurally designed to fail her people. It is the only country in this world without a citizen. Nigeria has failed, and must be disbanded for the good people in it to breathe fresh air. Any right thinking person must make it a duty to see the dissolution of this 21 century abomination called Nigeria. Useless country.

Why not just officially renounce your citizenship (of Nigeria) so you can have some peace?

1 Like

Re: SpaceX Launch: NASA Astronauts Make History by Ramsak1: 2:24pm On May 31, 2020
Saner clime?
Las las somebody will still disrespect you and your ancestors, call you monkey, kill your children and treat you like a slowpoke and there is nothing that you are and there is natin you can do abt it thats when u'll kno the grass is greener when you water the grass and by then it'll be too late for you.
Livegamesonly:
Good one...right thinking people..
pls, if you are a jobless youth, find a job to do...design, bricklaying, mechanics, gaming streaming or bombing. Just find something doing because the way I see Nigeria ehn, this Shithole ain't improving....make your unborn children proud, relocate them to a saner clime....I don talk my own ooo....call me for your image to cartoon conversion....very low price...# 1500 only...
God bless..

A word is enough for the wise....

Shalom

1 Like

Re: SpaceX Launch: NASA Astronauts Make History by NaijaRoyalty(m): 2:27pm On May 31, 2020
Nice one
Re: SpaceX Launch: NASA Astronauts Make History by Nobody: 2:27pm On May 31, 2020
Rodwave:

You think people that lives in this jungle is not hardworking? It is an abomination to make such claims knowing that you yourself works to earn a living for yourself.

We are hardworking...but the kind of work we do is not the type of work that produces enough industrial output for 1) export 2)developing ourselves.

For instance, most Nigerians run businesses that basically import stuff and resell. That's a lot of hardwork, but overall it does not improve our GDP or our export potential...and infact makes us lose a lot of forex

Meanwhile, countries like the US,China, Japan, Germany, UK, etc are also 'hardowrking'...but the kind of work they do generates a lot of exportable industrial product.

Another thing...on the average 50% of us don't pay our power bills. As a result our power companies run at a loss...and this affects productivity overall.

Finally, Nigeria is lacking in technical education, and in the small scale technical companies that would produce the small parts that would help big things like a car or a rocket to run. We chase our children to unviersity to get a big degree so that they can sit in an office all day...and we laugh at our technicians....and don't fund technical educaiton adequately.

Yes, I can do hardwork .....but the question is what kind of hardwork, and to what end?

We are a nation of people who are not working to be productive. We are working to chop our money at the end of the day.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SpaceX Launch: NASA Astronauts Make History by SarkinYarki: 2:27pm On May 31, 2020
MasterRahl:
angry

SpaceX in collaboration with NASA and the United States have sent a 2-man crew to the International Space Station.

Here's my take:

1. The United States has recorded a ground-breaking achievement in spite of the COVID-19 pandemic. US recorded one of the highest deaths but this did not deter them from reaching this height.

2. Nigerian politicians have messed up our country. That's a fact! I can't emphasize more on this.

3. Nigerian youths will crowd this forum to bash and castigate the government for not making us great. 50-60% of youths blame the government for joblessness but the same youths refuse to study relevant courses in the tertiary institution that will earn them a chance to Excel in life or contribute to the advancement of the nation. The scientists at NASA are engineers, physicists, mathematicians, economist's, chemists, aerospace scientists, etc. Even Elon Musk himself is a renowned physicist.

NIGERIAN youths will earn degrees in religious and cultural studies, social studies, theatre arts, pre-primary education, etc. and still come to Nairaland to blame the government.

My argument is not one-sided in case anyone wants to bash me. I admit that we have a silly government, but the citizens, especially youths are equally silly.

Some folks here claim that the US is a sane clime and wish to fly there at the slightest opportunity. Days ago, the same folks bashed the sane clime for the extrajudicial killing of Floyd.

The United States and other advanced nations welcome people who have something to offer. For now, a great percentage of Naija youths really have nothing to offer.

Let's try to build ourselves.

They will not like this comment grin. Trust me ..

Nigeria is the only place I have seen parent tell kids to chose govt work over private work because there is no hard work to be done in govt and you will have time for yourself and free salary grin grin grin cheesy later those same parents will come back and say nothing is working in govt

8 Likes

Re: SpaceX Launch: NASA Astronauts Make History by Nobody: 2:28pm On May 31, 2020
SarkinYarki:

They will not like this comment grin
Lol. I know na. Wetin concern me? grin
Re: SpaceX Launch: NASA Astronauts Make History by tot(f): 2:28pm On May 31, 2020
Ramsak1:
Saner clime?
Las las somebody will still disrespect you and your ancestors, call you monkey, kill your children and treat you like a slowpoke and there is nothing that you are and there is natin you can do abt it thats when u'll kno the grass is greener when you water the grass and by then it'll be too late for you.

Don't mind them, always quick to refer to their country as a shithole, hellhole, invoking negative words consistently yet they expect the country to prosper. While Americans keep on saying God bless America, you don't see them cursing their country day in day out. If Nigeria is so evil for you, renounce your citizenship and let's hear word undecided

George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery were killed unjustly in the same "saner climes" these guys worship.

2 Likes

Re: SpaceX Launch: NASA Astronauts Make History by Ramsak1: 2:28pm On May 31, 2020
And how old do you think America is?
Nd beside people of america made the country great not by wailing and senseless criticism but by patriotic actions.
Rodwave:
And one useless country is still borrowing more to renovate 2 by 2 airport and 1980 locomotive train.

60 years after, nothing to show that humans inhabit the British created burial ground called Nigeria. Shameless country.

2 Likes

Re: SpaceX Launch: NASA Astronauts Make History by Rodwave: 2:29pm On May 31, 2020
tot:

Why not just officially renounce your citizenship (of Nigeria) so you can have some peace?

You don't have have sense. Show me one thing that shows that you are a citizen of this country. Show me one thing you enjoy here that even an illiterate from cotonou or Niger Republic are not enjoying more than you. Foolish people like you are the reason why after 60 years the only think we can point out as a country is abacha loot stashed oversea. Nonsense

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? / Woman Gives Birth To Her Granddaughter / 'Doomsday Glacier' In Antarctica Is Holding On 'By Its Fingernails' - Scientists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.