Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,650 members, 7,851,212 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:10 PM

FG Begins Maintenance Of All Bridges In Lagos, Drains Evacuation - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG Begins Maintenance Of All Bridges In Lagos, Drains Evacuation (23528 Views)

Under Flyover Bridges In Dubai Vs. Under Flyover Bridges In Lagos (PHOTOS) / Can You Identify These Roads And Bridges In Lagos? (throw-back PHOTOS) / Finally, Parked Trucks Are Getting Off Expressways And Bridges In Lagos (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Begins Maintenance Of All Bridges In Lagos, Drains Evacuation by Osek(m): 7:51pm On May 31, 2020
dre11:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/fg-begins-maintenance-of-all-lagos-bridges-drains-evacuation/
Na only lagos dey Nigeria, what of the federal roads in the south south have dey start maintenance on it... dis govt is just too biased

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Maintenance Of All Bridges In Lagos, Drains Evacuation by flyforall: 7:58pm On May 31, 2020
wouldn't this innovation/maintenance make sense during the lockdown to ease traffic as against after the lockdown?
I'm sure FG and LASG know what they are doing...Coughs...
ECU lockdown
Re: FG Begins Maintenance Of All Bridges In Lagos, Drains Evacuation by Moventist: 8:00pm On May 31, 2020
joelbooks:

Which Central? Abuja is Northern Nigeria.

Go and dash it to North
Re: FG Begins Maintenance Of All Bridges In Lagos, Drains Evacuation by Jakemedg(m): 8:03pm On May 31, 2020
nairavsdollars:
Yorubas are the ones benefiting the most from this Buhari government, both in terms of projects and appointments
How is what you typed related to the topic?
Re: FG Begins Maintenance Of All Bridges In Lagos, Drains Evacuation by OYEDIPE(m): 8:08pm On May 31, 2020
VaselineCrew:
Whats the point of clearing out open gutters when those gutters will be filled up again in no time because, guess what? THEY ARE OPEN GUTTERS.

What’s the point of telling citizens not to throw stuff in the gutters?

Name one country where their citizens don’t litter, just one.

The difference is, these countries don’t have open gutters, so road sweepers can simply sweep away garbage.

However in Nigeria, with an OPEN GUTTER on every street, like a badge of honor, you expect trash not to enter open gutters? Then you start begging citizens not to litter, as if you can attain a society with 100% compliance?

I’m tired of all these African politicians abeg, simple open gutter, you can’t cover or burry underneath a sidewalk?

Mtcheew
You are yet to make a point.
Re: FG Begins Maintenance Of All Bridges In Lagos, Drains Evacuation by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 31, 2020
nairavsdollars:
Yorubas are the ones benefiting the most from this Buhari government, both in terms of projects and appointments
babe na u one teach person programming so. Wow! I like learn am oh. But I dey Warri. How can I part take? If girl teach person something, e dey enter head well well oh
Re: FG Begins Maintenance Of All Bridges In Lagos, Drains Evacuation by Pondeck: 8:20pm On May 31, 2020
Please they should also paint it.
Re: FG Begins Maintenance Of All Bridges In Lagos, Drains Evacuation by Nobody: 8:31pm On May 31, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
Creating avenue to steal
.... Anything GOOD is BAD THING to you ! I pity your DESTINY undecided undecided undecided
Re: FG Begins Maintenance Of All Bridges In Lagos, Drains Evacuation by COMPAQ(m): 8:45pm On May 31, 2020
VaselineCrew:
Whats the point of clearing out open gutters when those gutters will be filled up again in no time because, guess what? THEY ARE OPEN GUTTERS.

The difference is, these countries don’t have open gutters, so road sweepers can simply sweep away garbage.

However in Nigeria, with an OPEN GUTTER on every street, like a badge of honor, you expect trash not to enter open gutters? Then you start begging citizens not to litter, as if you can attain a society with 100% compliance?

I’m tired of all these African politicians abeg, simple open gutter, you can’t cover or burry underneath a sidewalk?

Mtcheew

Guy calm down! I am not sure there is any country where their citizens are as filthy as Nigeria with respect to garbage disposal. Even Ghana, South Africa and Rwanda don’t have as much as 10% of the filth on the roads as we do. While government has a big role to play, but we citizens are filthy.

In PH I once saw a woman driving a Hyundai Tucson wind down the back windows for her kids to throw out leftover takeaway Mr Biggs rice and chicken unto the road. That’s a middle class woman who should know better. How much more our illiterate market women, conductors etc. Once people finish pure water or pet bottle coke, next thing is to throw down on the floor.

Even some of our newer roads with covered drainage, you find garbage blocking the flow of water into the underground drainage.
Re: FG Begins Maintenance Of All Bridges In Lagos, Drains Evacuation by Chicastle: 9:08pm On May 31, 2020
VaselineCrew:

Mtcheew

You said it all

Buh remember most Nigeria politicians are not experienced nor educated

The educated politicians and well being Nigerians are always smashed out of office.

Ask Ambode

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Maintenance Of All Bridges In Lagos, Drains Evacuation by akigbemaru: 9:22pm On May 31, 2020
VaselineCrew:

Mtcheew
Re: FG Begins Maintenance Of All Bridges In Lagos, Drains Evacuation by Thetruthalways: 9:38pm On May 31, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
Creating avenue to steal
Omg some people are just mad aswear....
If person work una go complain...
If person no work una go still complain....

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Maintenance Of All Bridges In Lagos, Drains Evacuation by Thetruthalways: 9:42pm On May 31, 2020
VaselineCrew:

Mtcheew
With all these grammers...to you now you made sense... Smh
No matter how closed the gutters are they must be open points for maintenance...if those holes get blocked it is even worse than open gutters...
Is it not in the same lagos people were stealling manhole covers for the closed gutters?
Re: FG Begins Maintenance Of All Bridges In Lagos, Drains Evacuation by Nobody: 9:54pm On May 31, 2020
Femich18:

They are here again. Must you guys tribalize everything?

Abi o, yet you see dem pack themselves inside Yorubaland

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Maintenance Of All Bridges In Lagos, Drains Evacuation by VaselineCrew: 10:48pm On May 31, 2020
COMPAQ:

Guy calm down! I am not sure there is any country where their citizens are as filthy as Nigeria with respect to garbage disposal. Even Ghana, South Africa and Rwanda don’t have as much as 10% of the filth on the roads as we do. While government has a big role to play, but we citizens are filthy.

In PH I once saw a woman driving a Hyundai Tucson wind down the back windows for her kids to throw out leftover takeaway Mr Biggs rice and chicken unto the road. That’s a middle class woman who should know better. How much more our illiterate market women, conductors etc. Once people finish pure water or pet bottle coke, next thing is to throw down on the floor.

Even some of our newer roads with covered drainage, you find garbage blocking the flow of water into the underground drainage.

and I’ve been in UK seeing a guy in a Ferrari throw his mcdonals on the street.

Difference it, in Nigeri, most of that trash would end up in open gutters, while in the UK, it can easily be picked up
Re: FG Begins Maintenance Of All Bridges In Lagos, Drains Evacuation by VaselineCrew: 10:49pm On May 31, 2020
OYEDIPE:

You are yet to make a point.

Of course I’m yet to make a point to you.

Aren’t you a Nigerian after all?

Open gutter to you is normal, since you are a Nigerian ba?
Re: FG Begins Maintenance Of All Bridges In Lagos, Drains Evacuation by Barbsamiin: 11:52pm On May 31, 2020
Coldie:
To me y not the FG set out one state in all the regions and massively develop it to Abuja standard.

Since Arewa people say Abuja is Northern land and Yoruba say Lagos is Yoruba land.

What about other people

Uhmm,

may be onitsha.
Re: FG Begins Maintenance Of All Bridges In Lagos, Drains Evacuation by Elsadam(m): 12:35am On Jun 01, 2020
Nigeria shall be great again.
Re: FG Begins Maintenance Of All Bridges In Lagos, Drains Evacuation by Maxmilliano111: 12:37am On Jun 01, 2020
Topmaike007:
masun

Mo

Ni

Ko

Ji

Seh!!!!!
Re: FG Begins Maintenance Of All Bridges In Lagos, Drains Evacuation by Raydos: 7:55am On Jun 01, 2020
nairavsdollars:

Wait, I thought you people said Lagos is no man's land?? So how are yoruba benefiting from the FG if Lagos is not even their land?
Re: FG Begins Maintenance Of All Bridges In Lagos, Drains Evacuation by Coldie(m): 8:12am On Jun 01, 2020
Barbsamiin:

Uhmm,

may be onitsha.
To me Enugu is more central. If u put it at Onitsha development would come to the east it will go to the south south through delta

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Maintenance Of All Bridges In Lagos, Drains Evacuation by komols856: 11:43am On Jun 01, 2020
Good development from our amiable governor.

y komols856 : 11:39am
contact me for your real estate investment. we have a plot of land in one of our estate at Ibeju lekki Lagos State for as low N250k promo price. promo last till 05-06-2020. contact me now on : 08030897019. procastination and time waiting is wasting without knowing. Take action now.
Re: FG Begins Maintenance Of All Bridges In Lagos, Drains Evacuation by COMPAQ(m): 5:19pm On Jun 02, 2020
VaselineCrew:

and I’ve been in UK seeing a guy in a Ferrari throw his mcdonals on the street.

Difference it, in Nigeri, most of that trash would end up in open gutters, while in the UK, it can easily be picked up

Nope, the difference is that in the UK, for every 100 people, 1 person would do that!

In Nigeria, for every 100 people, 90 people would do that. Therefore, much less junk on the roads to start with. With less junk on the road, less of it can get into the gutters.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ghana Denies Nigerians Need Visitors Visa / Anenih, Akunyili Stranded In Abuja After Arik Aircraft's Toilet Fails To Flush / Flood: Owutu-ishawo Ikorodu Residents Cry Out As Flood Takes Over Their Houses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.