Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,555 members, 7,837,126 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Pastor Bakare May Be Buhari's Running Mate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor Bakare May Be Buhari's Running Mate (1986 Views)

Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria / Meet The Man Expected To Be Buhari's SGF:photo / Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Bakare May Be Buhari's Running Mate by MAYOWAAK: 11:07am On Jan 20, 2011
According to Guardian nespaper of today(20th jan 2011) on page 4,Pastor Tunde Bakare of the Save Nigeria Group(SNG) and Latter Rain Assembly may have been picked as the Vice presidential aspirant to General Buhari who is contesting as the flagbearer of Congress for Progressive Change.The announcement would have been made Yesternight if not for the hesitation of Bakare who does not want to be misconstrued as using the SNG to feather his personal ambitions.
Re: Pastor Bakare May Be Buhari's Running Mate by Tapiya(m): 12:12pm On Jan 20, 2011
Hmmmmn I had rather him not take that position as it will mar his good record.
Re: Pastor Bakare May Be Buhari's Running Mate by Nsiman(m): 12:18pm On Jan 20, 2011
I ever knew bakare was aiming at smthing, here he got it at last
Re: Pastor Bakare May Be Buhari's Running Mate by Nsiman(m): 12:18pm On Jan 20, 2011
I ever knew bakare was aiming at smthing, here he got it at last
Re: Pastor Bakare May Be Buhari's Running Mate by KnowAll(m): 12:20pm On Jan 20, 2011
Is that not a North-North candidacy, I thought Bakare is from Kwara State, a repeat of Buhari-Idiagbon sitiuation only this time one of the candidates is a xtrian.
Re: Pastor Bakare May Be Buhari's Running Mate by Gbawe: 12:25pm On Jan 20, 2011
Wrong move IMO. Bakare , even as he enjoys a lot of goodwill , has never held a visible public office as far as I know and I think that will count against him and Buhari ultimately.
Re: Pastor Bakare May Be Buhari's Running Mate by Nsiman(m): 12:33pm On Jan 20, 2011
Loosers on the go. North-north, buhari has started his sectional way of leadership before contesting
Re: Pastor Bakare May Be Buhari's Running Mate by Lagosboy: 12:37pm On Jan 20, 2011
I doubt if this will happen , the CPC ACN alliance talks is still on and ACN will produce the VP position. Bakara is not a member of ACN and the Tinubu i know will pick someone loyal to him if he doesnt get the slot.

This is would not just happen as far as i can see. Bakare , however forthright he has been as a pressure group leader might be best remaining a pressure group leader or participate in governance in another way but not VP.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bakare May Be Buhari's Running Mate by Mobinga: 12:59pm On Jan 20, 2011
If this is true, Buhari has lost more votes.

So this is the reason why that false prophet always pokes his false nose in Politics?
Re: Pastor Bakare May Be Buhari's Running Mate by ekubear1: 1:05pm On Jan 20, 2011
I don't think Buhari can win with some people  grin

First he is a religious zealot. Then when he makes a pastor his VP, now that pastor is a "false prophet"   grin

ACN/CPC are best off not trying to pander to people who will hate them regardless of what they do.
Re: Pastor Bakare May Be Buhari's Running Mate by PeeDaVinci: 1:06pm On Jan 20, 2011
Na wa oooo, why do people jump to condemn bakare based on "speculation". Make una wait till bakare states he is in the race with buhari nw. that he was picked (if this is true ) does not mean he accepts. And by the way, bakare is Ogun born and bred!!!
Re: Pastor Bakare May Be Buhari's Running Mate by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jan 20, 2011
Lagosboy, I agree with you completely. (If this is at all true) Bakare's voice would lose alot of its credibility if he joins any political party. So far he has always taken sides with the masses, being our megaphone and whistle blower.

Also I think Buhari should get a VP who has been recently tried, tested and performed super in a public office. Examples (Okonjo-Iweala, Amaechi, Fashola, etc). A man of Buhari's stature shouldn't have much trouble getting such a person.
Re: Pastor Bakare May Be Buhari's Running Mate by Mobinga: 1:27pm On Jan 20, 2011
eku_bear:

I don't think Buhari can win with some people  grin

First he is a religious zealot. Then when he makes a pastor his VP, now that pastor is a "false prophet"   grin

ACN/CPC are best off not trying to pander to people who will hate them regardless of what they do.
Not "NOW" he has always been!
Next time be direct and stop using junk subliminals
Re: Pastor Bakare May Be Buhari's Running Mate by Hodaya(m): 1:29pm On Jan 20, 2011
I really doubt this story. I'll only believe if Bakare himself make an announcement confirming this story. Until then commenting on this might just be a waste of time,
Re: Pastor Bakare May Be Buhari's Running Mate by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jan 20, 2011
My dream team would be Buhari / Fashola

But Buhari's choice  of Bakare could be a master strokes as many people falsely accuse Buhari a being a muslim zealot and having a Christian pastor as VP should go a long way to dispelling these falsehoods.
Re: Pastor Bakare May Be Buhari's Running Mate by johndoe200: 1:36pm On Jan 20, 2011
Does it really matter who he picks? Buhari won't win, he will try as he does and lose as he does. The myth that ACN has a lock on the SW is about to be exposed. They may have the sympathy of the people, but not the blind loyalty that the people on NL so desperately wish they have.

Anyway hope is always a good thing, but sometimes a dose of reality is also needed.
Re: Pastor Bakare May Be Buhari's Running Mate by Lagosboy: 1:38pm On Jan 20, 2011
ikay88:

Lagosboy, I agree with you completely. (If this is at all true) Bakare's voice would lose alot of its credibility if he joins any political party. So far he has always taken sides with the masses, being our megaphone and whistle blower.

Also I think Buhari should get a VP who has been recently tried, tested and performed super in a public office. Examples (Okonjo-Iweala, Amaechi, Fashola, etc). A man of Buhari's stature shouldn't have much trouble getting such a person.

Seconded, even Utomi in the team wouldnt be a bad idea.
Re: Pastor Bakare May Be Buhari's Running Mate by MaiSuya(m): 1:40pm On Jan 20, 2011
WT. . .Bakare?? Are we talking about the same Bakare of Latter rain assembly? I lafff!

Take it from me, Bakare would never enter politics.
Re: Pastor Bakare May Be Buhari's Running Mate by Mobinga: 1:57pm On Jan 20, 2011
Mai Suya:

WT. . .Bakare?? Are we talking about the same Bakare of Latter rain assembly? I lafff!

Take it from me, Bakare would never enter politics.
Let us see
Re: Pastor Bakare May Be Buhari's Running Mate by Gbawe: 2:26pm On Jan 20, 2011
ikay88:

Bakare has already "taken sides" with Buhari. He has openly declared that Buhari is the best candidate available.

Fashola and Amaechi are likely to want to continue in their jobs while Okonjo Iweala may be uninterested. Buhari should consider Donald Duke and but ACN may insist on their own Party man in Ngige.
Re: Pastor Bakare May Be Buhari's Running Mate by adoniss: 3:26pm On Jan 20, 2011
Now I know why this country Nigeria has not made meaningful progress over the years. I think there's alot of defect in the way we think and how we draw conclusions.

1. Tunde Bakare is not from kwara state both parents of his are from Abeokuta in Ogun State. He was born a muslim now a xtian pastor

2. The fact that he was advocating for good governance and change doesnt stop him from going into politics. It is democracy (people here dont seem to understand what that means). Obama was a community worker; an advocate for the masses. Tunde Bakare doesnt need to have a public office experience to know and do the right things as the head of government. The only thing you learn from public office experience in Nigeria is how to perpetuate corruption, award bogus contracts and launder funds.

3. Buhari/T Baks will be contesting against GEJ/Sambo hypothetically!, What are the odds against them in this contest? What pedegree do GEJ/Sambo have over them. You people should comment with intellects, am tired of listening to Nigerians analysis, we get unnecessarily emotional.
Re: Pastor Bakare May Be Buhari's Running Mate by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jan 20, 2011
Gbawe:

Bakare has already "taken sides" with Buhari. He has openly declared that Buhari is the best candidate available.
True, he has, and I support his choice of candidate. I'd like if he, as a person, remains non-partisan so he can speak for us (common ppl) against whatever government injustice of the day. I think by February last year Bakare was heading protests to bring Jonathan to the presidents seat (which was what most of us wanted then, before we saw GEJ was just PDP in new clothes).

Donald Duke? To me, that guy is kinda dodgy. Although he did spill the beans and confess about the PDP/INEC thing, plus he knows how to work, the state looked good, i'll give him that.
Re: Pastor Bakare May Be Buhari's Running Mate by johndoe200: 3:37pm On Jan 20, 2011
adoniss:

Now I know why this country Nigeria has not made meaningful progress over the years. I think there's alot of defect in the way we think and how we draw conclusions.

1. Tunde Bakare is not from kwara state both parents of his are from Abeokuta in Ogun State. He was born a muslim now a xtian pastor

2. The fact that he was advocating for good governance and change doesnt stop him from going into politics. It is democracy (people here dont seem to understand what that means). Obama was a community worker; an advocate for the masses. Tunde Bakare doesnt need to have a public office experience to know and do the right things as the head of government. The only thing you learn from public office experience in Nigeria is how to perpetuate corruption, award bogus contracts and launder funds.

3. Buhari/T Baks will be contesting against GEJ/Sambo hypothetically!, What are the odds against them in this contest? What pedegree do GEJ/Sambo have over them. You people should comment with intellects, am tired of listening to Nigerians analysis, we get unnecessarily emotional.

Sorry, but are we NOT NIGERIANS? Is the election not FOR Nigerians? Maybe you should leave us alone and concentrate on the non Nigerians you love so much, no?
Re: Pastor Bakare May Be Buhari's Running Mate by oderemo(m): 3:41pm On Jan 20, 2011
@ mr adonis,
i personally think you need to have engaged your self with either public/private management before one venture into politics.
my reasons are not far fetched, if you look outside the box for a minute into successful politicians you will realise how much they have invested into man management, which is a diif. chemistry all together.
the probs. with us in nija, is that successful/experience managers are not in gov. and the few that are there cant be bothered abt performance cos the publ;ic don't rate them as they only serve their masters.
Re: Pastor Bakare May Be Buhari's Running Mate by matemate: 3:45pm On Jan 20, 2011
ikay8
Re: Pastor Bakare May Be Buhari's Running Mate by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jan 20, 2011
^^^^^^^     WTH!!??  lol cheesy cheesy

OMG!! actually I see your point!!
Becomrichn is the only one that can really put Nigeria on the MAP  cheesy
Re: Pastor Bakare May Be Buhari's Running Mate by adoniss: 3:57pm On Jan 20, 2011
@ode_remo
I agree with you that some real life management/leadership experiences would be valuable to being the president. But T Baks and Buhari are experienced human managers. And they've been in the public glare for years.

And as you rightly pointed out, my brother having management experience is not an antidote for failure!!!!!!! God will help us.
Re: Pastor Bakare May Be Buhari's Running Mate by Fhemmmy: 3:59pm On Jan 20, 2011
I will refuse to believe this till i there is a legit source of news
Re: Pastor Bakare May Be Buhari's Running Mate by matemate: 4:23pm On Jan 20, 2011
loo
Re: Pastor Bakare May Be Buhari's Running Mate by Nsiman(m): 4:28pm On Jan 20, 2011
@ adoniss, ur post is funny, for me, I'm not against him vying as vp, i have my candidate/vice handy so the other losers i care not but no alliance can defeat pdp come april.
Re: Pastor Bakare May Be Buhari's Running Mate by apoti(m): 4:29pm On Jan 20, 2011
Until we hear from Bakare himself, this is just a headline rumour
Re: Pastor Bakare May Be Buhari's Running Mate by soldee: 7:50pm On Jan 20, 2011
Why do I get the feeling that Becomerich and matemate are one and the same person? Same grammar - dead give away!!!

Back to topic, I think Buhari should pick Ngige. It is on record that he once gave pdp a headache and besides, Ngige as VP would guarantee an igbo president in 2015.

Fair enough I'd say.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Musiwa is the Candidate that will Beat Goodluck,the north cant / BREAKING NEWS: Six Ministers to quit. Jonathan panics. / Why No Results From SS/SE????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.