Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,089 members, 7,835,661 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Is Southeast The Real Birthplace Of Nollywood? - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Is Southeast The Real Birthplace Of Nollywood? (4890 Views)

Money Rituals: In Defence Of Nollywood / Beautiful Photos Of Nollywood Actress Who Was Buried On The Set Of A Movie / Full List Of Winners At The Best Of Nollywood Awards 2017(see List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Southeast The Real Birthplace Of Nollywood? by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 31, 2020
Lebee4:
Hello fellow Nairalanders, i was going through a post where the Vice President was quoted as saying that "Southeast is the birthplace of Nollywood."

So this is why you are now in sifia pains?
Igbo amaka. grin

Cc lzaa metaphysical afamed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Southeast The Real Birthplace Of Nollywood? by kayfra: 6:54pm On May 31, 2020
SLAP44:

That's a very disappointing statement from a tribalism tainted person. You have been making this argument just to feel superior, neglecting superior facts just to feel good even if you are lying.

That's why I hate arguing with you guys. You argue with bitterness because you think others wants to supplant you. It's very unhealthy.

I am not feeling superior

I am superior

There's a clear difference and I want you to appreciate that difference grin

3 Likes

Re: Is Southeast The Real Birthplace Of Nollywood? by SLAP44: 6:54pm On May 31, 2020
kayfra:

We are the greatest in Nigeria. No doubt about that

We are pioneers and everyone and their dog knows the truth. Creating an alternate universe isn't going to make you competitive

Greatest in Nigeria?

Okay, how many Yoruba football players has ever won the European champions league?

Greatest in everything?

1 Like

Re: Is Southeast The Real Birthplace Of Nollywood? by kayfra: 6:57pm On May 31, 2020
SLAP44:

Greatest in Nigeria?

Okay, how many Yoruba football players has ever won the European champions league?

Greatest in everything?

Champions league is a team sport so this is a useless argument when the team is made up of multiple nationalities

When it comes to individual strides. We lead. How many Igbo UFC or Boxing Champions?

I don't even want to digress from the original topic

3 Likes

Re: Is Southeast The Real Birthplace Of Nollywood? by SLAP44: 6:57pm On May 31, 2020
kayfra:

I am not feeling superior

I am superior

There's a clear difference and I want you to appreciate that difference grin

Baba, joke apart, I will floor you in everything in real life. Joke apart.

So stop boasting.

2 Likes

Re: Is Southeast The Real Birthplace Of Nollywood? by Ibadanpikin: 6:57pm On May 31, 2020
kayfra:

Hubert Ogunde
https://m.imdb.com/name/nm0644819/

Moses Olaiya
https://m.imdb.com/name/nm10619482/

Ade Love
https://m.imdb.com/name/nm2657204/

Just to name a few
All those village champions u mention are only popular in their villages and not Nigeria or globally.Even yoruba kids of today don't know them,but the can mention the names of popular igbo actors/actresses easily.

3 Likes

Re: Is Southeast The Real Birthplace Of Nollywood? by kayfra: 6:57pm On May 31, 2020
SLAP44:

Baba, joke apart, I will floor you in everything in real life. Joke apart.

So stop boasting.

Painment grin

2 Likes

Re: Is Southeast The Real Birthplace Of Nollywood? by kayfra: 6:59pm On May 31, 2020
Ibadanpikin:
All those village champions u mention are only popular in their villages and not Nigeria or globally.Even yoruba kids of today don't know them,but the can mention the names of popular igbo actors/actresses easily.

You misconstrue international recognition with local SE movie industry

Smh

3 Likes

Re: Is Southeast The Real Birthplace Of Nollywood? by SLAP44: 6:59pm On May 31, 2020
kayfra:

Champions league is a team sport so this is a useless argument when the team is made up of multiple nationalities

When it comes to individual strides. We lead. How many Igbo UFC or Boxing Champions?

I don't even want to digress from the original topic

So you are agreeing some people beat you in some things. ?

Because if Kanu Nwankwo, Mikel Obi or JJ Okocha is yoruba, we would have been chased away fromn airaland grin

1 Like

Re: Is Southeast The Real Birthplace Of Nollywood? by jimyjames(m): 7:00pm On May 31, 2020
kayfra:

Bullsh!t

There was a good movie industry before the low budget productions is my point. If you call that low budget crap Igbo movies, then, yes. You can own Nollywood if it depicts low budget crap

The name nollywood was birthed by Igbo movies , do you know how old the name nollywood is ? Low budget production or not , these low budget Igbo movies put nollywood on the world map , amongst the 3 biggest movie industries in the world, the so called high budget Yoruba movies didn't make it , out of yorubaland .

2 Likes

Re: Is Southeast The Real Birthplace Of Nollywood? by kayfra: 7:01pm On May 31, 2020
jimyjames:

The name nollywood was birthed by Igbo movies , do you know how old the name nollywood is ? Low budget production or not , these low budget Igbo movies put nollywood on the world map , amongst the 3 biggest movie industries in the world, the so called high budget Yoruba movies didn't make it , out of yorubaland .

Take the name Nollywood. I don't give a rat's ass with the ownership of the name

But the Nigerian movie industry was pioneered by us and we are proud of it

3 Likes

Re: Is Southeast The Real Birthplace Of Nollywood? by kayfra: 7:02pm On May 31, 2020
SLAP44:

So you are agreeing some people beat you in some things. ?

Because if Kanu Nwankwo, Mikel Obi or JJ Okocha is yoruba, we would have been chased away fromn airaland grin

A player does not make a team. So it's rubbish argument. Let's talk about individual sports

2 Likes

Re: Is Southeast The Real Birthplace Of Nollywood? by SLAP44: 7:03pm On May 31, 2020
jimyjames:

Yoruba movies got no soul. In my hotel lobby in Abeokuta, yoruba receptionist and hotel porter were almost crying because of the theatrics of Nkem owoh ! Shedding real tears o

2 Likes

Re: Is Southeast The Real Birthplace Of Nollywood? by SLAP44: 7:05pm On May 31, 2020
kayfra:

A player does not make a team. So it's rubbish argument. Let's talk about individual sports

Yes because you will lose this one, let's go to another one.

My advice to you, accept that there are some things some people can do better than you. Give credit to others when they deserve it.

Tankio.

1 Like

Re: Is Southeast The Real Birthplace Of Nollywood? by kayfra: 7:05pm On May 31, 2020
SLAP44:

Yoruba movies got no soul. In my hotel lobby in Abeokuta, yoruba receptionist and hotel porter were almost crying because of the theatrics of Nkem owoh ! Shedding real tears o

They were probably shedding tears on how pathetic the movie is even though Nkem Owoh is my guy grin

2 Likes

Re: Is Southeast The Real Birthplace Of Nollywood? by Ibadanpikin: 7:05pm On May 31, 2020
kayfra:

You misconstrue international recognition with local SE movie industry
Smh
Why not claim also that yorubas are greater than igbos in football.

1 Like

Re: Is Southeast The Real Birthplace Of Nollywood? by kayfra: 7:06pm On May 31, 2020
SLAP44:

Yes because you will lose this one, let's go to another one.

My advice to you, accept that there are some things some people can do better than you. Give credit to others when they deserve it.

Tankio.

I'll give credit if it's not based on a false premise or alternative facts

2 Likes

Re: Is Southeast The Real Birthplace Of Nollywood? by Armaggedon: 7:06pm On May 31, 2020
Hausa people have kannywood based in Kano, Yoruba's have their language movie based in southwest while Igbo's have nollywood based in Lagos/Enugu marketed mainly by Onitsha/ Lagos/ Aba based Igbo businessmen to everywhere across the country. Nollywood are Igbo stories expressed either in English and Igbo language. Yoruba movies have their own actors association different from AGN, they have their own marketers but unlike Hausa's that have kannywood, Yoruba movie producers still cling unto the brand created by nollywood for success. Infact, for a longtime, African magic had three channels for Nigerian movies the mainstream AM for nollywood, one for Hausa and one for Yoruba. Igbo's never felt the need to have another channel except for the need to preserve our language. That is why we have AM Igbo.

3 Likes

Re: Is Southeast The Real Birthplace Of Nollywood? by kayfra: 7:07pm On May 31, 2020
Ibadanpikin:
Why not claim also that yorubas are greater than igbos in football.

Delta state people are great in football. They are mostly Edoic people of mixed origins

2 Likes

Re: Is Southeast The Real Birthplace Of Nollywood? by jimyjames(m): 7:08pm On May 31, 2020
kayfra:

Take the name Nollywood. I don't give a rat's ass with the ownership of the name

But the Nigerian movie industry was pioneered by us and we are proud of it

We have never heard of you, the world doesn't know you, everyone knows Igbo's gave birth to Nigerian movie industry / nollywood , if you don't give a rat like you said you won't be here arguing about Igbo's achievement, you know it, I know it, osinbajo knows it,
Igbo's Hausa's Yoruba's all had thier movies back then, but Igbo movies outshined the rest , till date

4 Likes

Re: Is Southeast The Real Birthplace Of Nollywood? by LZAA: 7:09pm On May 31, 2020
imhotep:

So this is why you are now in sifia pains?
Igbo amaka. grin

Cc lzaa metaphysical afamed
Lebee4 is scared of igbo dominationgrin
Re: Is Southeast The Real Birthplace Of Nollywood? by jimyjames(m): 7:12pm On May 31, 2020
SLAP44:

Haven't smiled like this in a long while.

This guy is just arguing for nothing

Re: Is Southeast The Real Birthplace Of Nollywood? by kayfra: 7:13pm On May 31, 2020
jimyjames:

We have never heard of you, the world doesn't know you, everyone knows Igbo's gave birth to Nigerian movie industry / nollywood , if you don't give a rat like you said you won't be here arguing about Igbo's achievement, you know it, I know it, osinbajo knows it,
Igbo's Hausa's Yoruba's all had thier movies back then, but Igbo movies outshined the rest , till date

I just posted imdb references and this one is saying nobody knows them. Lmao

1 Like

Re: Is Southeast The Real Birthplace Of Nollywood? by Kwashiman: 7:13pm On May 31, 2020
In comedy alone I can't even think of any Yoruba actor that comes anywhere close to Nkem Owoh (we never even mention the likes of Aki & pawpaw, Okey Bakassi, Mr Ibu etc). I was at work yesterda and my African American Co-workers were talking about Mama G and how crazy her movies are, I was like "how did they even know Mama G?... apparently they've been watching lots of Nollywood movies and loved it. There's no African that doesn't know majority of the Igbo Nollywood faces, same in the Caribbeans, Europe and North America.

4 Likes

Re: Is Southeast The Real Birthplace Of Nollywood? by kayfra: 7:15pm On May 31, 2020
Kwashiman:
In comedy alone I can't even think of any Yoruba actor that comes anywhere close to Nkem Owoh (we never even mention the likes of Aki & pawpaw, Okey Bakassi, Mr Ibu etc). I was at work yesterda and my African American Co-workers were talking about Mama G and how crazy her movies are, I was like "how did they even know Mama G?... apparently they've been watching lots of Nollywood movies and loved it. There's no African that doesn't know majority of the Igbo Nollywood faces, same in the Caribbeans, Europe and North America.

Do you really find those people funny? I mean seriously?

2 Likes

Re: Is Southeast The Real Birthplace Of Nollywood? by jimyjames(m): 7:16pm On May 31, 2020
kayfra:

I just posted imdb references and this one is saying nobody knows them. Lmao

If you like post Forbes or CNN reference, Yoruba movies never made it out of Yoruba land.

1 Like

Re: Is Southeast The Real Birthplace Of Nollywood? by SLAP44: 7:17pm On May 31, 2020
kayfra:

Delta state people are great in football. They are mostly Edoic people of mixed origins

Yes, which Edo person has ever won the African best player in soccer? grin Tell me the name of the Delta man that won the European champions league grin

Your hate may consume you if you don't repent.

If you see your neighbor doing well in one thing, acknowledge it and give credit. God will bless your own side. Everything is not for bragging.

1 Like

Re: Is Southeast The Real Birthplace Of Nollywood? by kayfra: 7:17pm On May 31, 2020
jimyjames:

If you like post Forbes or CNN reference, Yoruba movies never made it out of Yoruba land.

And they made it overseas

You must have a "brilliant" mind grin

1 Like

Re: Is Southeast The Real Birthplace Of Nollywood? by kayfra: 7:18pm On May 31, 2020
SLAP44:

Yes, which Edo person has ever won the African best player in soccer? grin Tell me the name of the Delta man that won the European champions league grin

You hate may consume you if you don't repent.

Like I said. Football is a team sport

1 Like

Re: Is Southeast The Real Birthplace Of Nollywood? by jimyjames(m): 7:19pm On May 31, 2020
kayfra:

And they made it overseas

You must have a "brilliant" mind grin

No, nollywood made it oversees purely Igbo hard work.

1 Like

Re: Is Southeast The Real Birthplace Of Nollywood? by SLAP44: 7:22pm On May 31, 2020
kayfra:

Like I said. Football is a team sport

Continue to hide behind your finger.
Re: Is Southeast The Real Birthplace Of Nollywood? by Kwashiman: 7:32pm On May 31, 2020
kayfra:

Do you really find those people funny? I mean seriously?
If you don't then that's on you, nearly millions worldwide do, and that's what matters.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Free Movies Download Sites / Latest Movies On IROKOTV App... Download Now / Christomegavision Films OMEGA VISION- Gospel Drama, Movies-supernatural

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.