Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

Why Your Products Are Not Selling (2) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Your Products Are Not Selling (2) (329 Views)

Dollar Not Selling At ₦1,000/$1 - BDCs Debunk Viral Post / Why Your Products Are Not Selling (1) / Why Plastic Extrusion Products Are High In Demand? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Your Products Are Not Selling (2) by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 8:06pm On May 31, 2020
Hello there !

I am guessing you sell products, may not be getting enough sales and that is why you are here

OR

You read the first Why Your Products Are Not Selling post, enjoyed it and just wanted to view this second episode

A recap on the first episode ;

I talked about one of the biggest factors behind the sales of any product - which is the product, ITSELF !

Here, we will be discussing another factor and that has to do with where you are doing your product's marketing - with reference to social media

We have so many social media platforms currently, some more popular than others. There is Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Tiktok, LinkedIn and on and on

The problem with having so many platforms is that it confuses sellers to think they have to be on all of them at the same time.

For any Nigerian seller, your top four should be Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, Twitter and you may not need to use all four

Some platforms are not tailored for certain products. For instance, you will sell health supplements better on Facebook than on Instagram if you're just starting

Let us analyze all platforms together :

1. Facebook

This is Mark Zuckerberg's territory, and it has been designed in a way that some products do not just do well over there.

Facebook in my opinion has a more friendly audience and has been for long structured to foster friendships and build mutuality between people.

This means that family needs would get more attention on Facebook. If you sell baby products, this is where you should be.

High end products may not experience massive increase in patronage over here. From my experience, a lot of Nigerians still actively using Facebook have simple lifestyles

Choose wisely !

2. Instagram

If you sell high end products, meant for luxury and at premium prices - try this app !

Instagram is a picture and video driven platform - a lot of people using it can be very shallow and will spend ridiculous money at the slightest need that arises.

Fashion items do well here, same with catering services - these two industries heavily involve pictures and videos

Hop on here if you deal with colorful or lifestyle products.

3. Twitter

I use Twitter a lot and honestly I feel it is perhaps the most complete app and has a wide range of products it can accommodate.

Lately, I realized it gives an incredibly wide audience to designers (graphic or fashion).

It is also a very good place to get influencers that can help increase the reach of your products.

The people there are a mix of intelligent, witty and trend driven individuals.

4. WhatsApp

A very incredible place for any referral driven business. Since WhatsApp depends on numbers on your phone, any product can thrive here

The only hiccup is convincing your contacts to listen to your offers.

You can also easily add WhatsApp URL links on the other platforms as well

The four platforms above are not all you can take advantage of and work mainly for products going directly to consumers.

Choose them wisely and invest time on the most important ones

I wish you the best

WHAT PRODUCT DO YOU SELL ?

(1) (Reply)

Think Recharge And Get Paid(ragp) / Starting A Mini Importation Business And Be Successful / The Most Powerful Traditional Herbalist In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.