Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Deism - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Deism (628 Views)

Why Can't You Win Lottery With Juju? / Sango Was A King Before Becoming Deity – Alaafin Of Oyo / "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deism by Beosten(m): 9:57pm On May 31, 2020
Most of the gods in Yoruba culture were once human beings like us. How did they grow so powerful that they acquired the status of the gods? Why are present-day humans unable to attain the status of the gods and be subsequently deified?

1 Like

Re: Deism by LilWarshy(m): 10:09pm On May 31, 2020
You?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deism by Beosten(m): 10:12pm On May 31, 2020
LilWarshy:
You?

Is it not the holy book that says, "I said you're gods...?"
Re: Deism by Officialgarri: 10:25pm On May 31, 2020
Beosten:
Most of the gods in Yoruba culture were once human beings like us. How did they grow so powerful that they acquired the status of the gods? Why are present-day humans unable to attain the status of the gods and be subsequently deified?

I particularly like to become a god but not to be worshiped.
They lived among demons in the forest and dined with the devil.
Read "forest of a thousand demons " by Fagunwa but translated by My dad, Prof. Wole Soyinka.

Get committed, be good with convincing people, let people always see sense in what ever you say, make predictions, and in no time, you would be a god.

Haile Sellasie was just a king in Ethiopia who could not even save himself from being betrayed and murdered but Jamaicans thinks he is the next Jesus grin
Re: Deism by LilWarshy(m): 10:52pm On May 31, 2020
Beosten:

Is it not the holy book that says, "I said you're gods...?"
I'm a follower of African spirituality. Just be a special person. To me; Fela is a god just like Buddha that was immortalized by his people.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

What Makes You A Man / How To Join The Illuminati In Nigeria For Rich And Power / ORO Magbo Fetiver At Ikorodu Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.