Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,734 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

You Know My Child — Alexis Karpouzos - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / You Know My Child — Alexis Karpouzos (663 Views)

We Know So Little - Poetry By Alexis Karpouzos / Day After Day — Poetry By Alexis Karpouzos / Darkness Overcomes- Poetry By Alexis Karpouzos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Know My Child — Alexis Karpouzos by alexiskarpouzos(m): 9:21am On Apr 17, 2022
My child, let your life come into the world of darkness
like a spark of light, without flicker and pure,
and thank them in silence. You know, my child, they are cruel in their greed and envy, their words are disguised knives thirsting for blood. But do not be afraid, my child, go and stand in their hearts, and let your gentle eyes fall on them like the forgiving serenity of the night.
My child, let them see your face and so they know it
meaning of all things, let them love and love one another.
Go, at sunrise, open and lift up your heart like a blooming flower, and at sunset, bend your head and silently complete the worship of the day.
Remember, my child, gods and demons, ghosts and elves are fragments of one, built by the hand of the abyss.
So, move on, go to the shore of the vast darkness,
there, is the Great Meeting of Children,
there, the sea gives a smile to the beach,
there, sing the waves facing death.

Re: You Know My Child — Alexis Karpouzos by Psiyohos: 11:03pm On Apr 25, 2022
I like your poems.

Keep it up.
Re: You Know My Child — Alexis Karpouzos by alexiskarpouzos(m): 6:15pm On Apr 30, 2022
Thank you so much!!

(1) (Reply)

Another Man’s Success, Is Another Jealous Nigerian / Report Your Location / I Am Not Wonderwoman!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.