Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Yabatech Ex-student Arrested Over Leaked Salawa Abeni's Nude Pictures - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Yabatech Ex-student Arrested Over Leaked Salawa Abeni's Nude Pictures (566 Views)

Nude Photos: 19-year-old Plotting To Blackmail Salawa Abeni Arrested / Politician Blackmails Pregnant Woman With Nude Pictures For Refusing Him Sex / Ex-Student Of Niger Delta University Arrested For Defiling 8yr-old Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yabatech Ex-student Arrested Over Leaked Salawa Abeni's Nude Pictures by Jamezafolabi40(m): 2:16am On Jun 01, 2020
Lagos State Police Command, nabbed a 19-year-old National Diploma holder of the Yaba College of Technology, Lagos, for attempting to blackmail popular music artiste, Salawa Abeni.

The suspect, Olufowoke Emmanuel, a resident of Brentfield Avenue, Peace Estate, Magboro, Ogun State, was picked up by the decoy team of the RRS last Thursday.

The police were said to have been on Emmanuel’s trail for three days.

The artiste recently went on the social media to raise the alarm over the attempt to blackmail her with her nude photos.

She posted her WhatsApp conversation with the suspect and the purported old photos he planned to use for the blackmail.

The Commissioner of Police, Lagos State, Mr Hakeem Odumosu, was said to have in April directed the Commander of the RRS, DCP Olatunji Disu, to fish out the blackmailer.

After technical analysis of the complaint, the decoy team was said to have narrowed down on Emmanuel.

The police said Emmanuel could not be picked immediately because of the prevalence of the COVID-19, adding that he was later arrested.

The suspect, in his statement to the police, allegedly confessed to the crime, saying he wanted to extort money from the Waka music artiste.

The electrical engineering OND holder reportedly said he saw the nude pictures on a memory card he picked up on the floor at Yabatech in November 2019.

He added that after downloading the photographs on his phone, he got Abeni’s mobile number from her Instagram page.

He reportedly stated, “On April 1, 2020, I chatted her up and also called her after sending a few of the photos to her online.

“My intention was to negotiate with her for a few bucks and for me to destroy the photographs.

“I thought everything was going on fine until the following day when I heard the news of the blackmail on the radio.

“I was with my mother. She even cursed the blackmailer, unknown to her that I was the brains behind it.

“I immediately sneaked out, destroyed the memory card and threw my mobile phone and SIM card into a nearby wetland in Magboro.

“After that, I never mentioned it to anyone or call Madam Salawa Abeni again.”

Odumosu said no individual would be allowed to commit a crime in Lagos from any state or escape to other states in Nigeria to evade arrest.

The CP also implores parents to monitor their children, emphasising that the Internet was a fertile ground for opportunities, but the command would not allow criminals to use it to exploit law-abiding residents.

Source: https://www.gistmattaz.com.ng/2020/06/yabatech-ex-student-arrested-over.html?m=1

Re: Yabatech Ex-student Arrested Over Leaked Salawa Abeni's Nude Pictures by Emax911: 2:18am On Jun 01, 2020
Times are scary now
Murder
Rape
jungle justice
no value for life
you may not want to admit it but the end is near
Re: Yabatech Ex-student Arrested Over Leaked Salawa Abeni's Nude Pictures by Nobody: 2:22am On Jun 01, 2020
Stupid boy. If she had paid once you'd have continued as you don see atm. All this claim of you'd have thrown it away after a few bucks is a big lie. You've done the crime, now enjoy your time. Kudos to her for not allowing this rat bully her. She sure gave a lot of women courage.
By the way he threw away the phone and sim card almost immediately after she went public and I didn't see where he dropped his bank details. Makes me wonder how the police were able to locate him...thumbs up to them.
Re: Yabatech Ex-student Arrested Over Leaked Salawa Abeni's Nude Pictures by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:32am On Jun 01, 2020
You can run but you can't hide!

END OF THREAD!

cheesy wink cheesy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Yabatech Ex-student Arrested Over Leaked Salawa Abeni's Nude Pictures by Nobody: 2:36am On Jun 01, 2020
Small boy like this ! Threatening his grandma ,actually I’m not surprised kids of nowadays are capable of anything just to get money ....just imagine a graduate for that matter las las na unemployment cause am .
Re: Yabatech Ex-student Arrested Over Leaked Salawa Abeni's Nude Pictures by Nobody: 3:05am On Jun 01, 2020
The sun rises with many evils and sets with many convictions also. But in all stay clean and thy deed shall see thou through
Re: Yabatech Ex-student Arrested Over Leaked Salawa Abeni's Nude Pictures by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:15am On Jun 01, 2020
hope he will learn a great lesson today.... let them beat some proper sense into his destiny!
Re: Yabatech Ex-student Arrested Over Leaked Salawa Abeni's Nude Pictures by kasim155: 3:24am On Jun 01, 2020
Too bad of him.

(1) (Reply)

#blacklivesmatter: Nigerians Hit The Streets To Protest Against Racism In U.S / Is It True That It Was Her Pastor That Kill Uwaila / Monumental Fraud Currently Ongoing In The Health Sector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.