Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,870 members, 7,817,568 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Rape: Tina And Uwa - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Rape: Tina And Uwa (482 Views)

Genevieve Nnaji And Rita Dominic React To Rape Of Uwa, Jennifer And Tina / Pastor Adeboye Reacts To Rape Of Uwa Omozuwa, UNIBEN Student In Edo RCCG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rape: Tina And Uwa by Blackpearlous(f): 6:49am On Jun 01, 2020
The more I think of it, the more it appears to me we have two species of the genus "HOMO" currently existing in our time. I feel one specie is the hunter and the other is hunted.

That weird feeling of being in the jungle, knowing a tiger is close or a pride is around, the calculated attack, the rash decision of just to satisfy the animals desire and the strength to overcome it's prey is epic.

Almost same for the two species found in our genus. While one is trained to be reserved in it's sexual desires, know what to say, when to say it, how to say it and always bearing the thought of the other species in mind. Don't walk late at night is an instruction for just one species because like a wild animal, the other species is looking for who to devour.

Trained to be docile, weak and in constant fear of being too attractive because it can attract the predator, same way I will rub myself with leaves to not give my scent out to predators in the jungle.

Just like in the jungle, we can't blame the predator too much. We are the one trained, I should know better, hide better, not go to his house, not walk late, not chat freely, not show my feelings, not trust the free gifts, my dad's friends, religious friends, my dad, my uncle, my friend, boyfriend and every other one of them is a possible predator.

Please let's train our men more.

(This is a point of view, there are other good men that are appreciated in life and also show restraint. Men are also raped too and society doesn't let them talk. I appreciate good men out there, supporting fathers, big brothers, sweet boyfirends, true uncles, trustworthy teachers, respected religious leaders. I wrote this for the bad ones.)
Re: Rape: Tina And Uwa by Nobody: 6:57am On Jun 01, 2020
Its terrible, we as a society have failed in many aspects.
Re: Rape: Tina And Uwa by Blackpearlous(f): 7:10am On Jun 01, 2020
hotdo9:
Its terrible, we as a society have failed in many aspects.

Yea, we can start fixing our society, one child at a time
Re: Rape: Tina And Uwa by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jun 01, 2020
I think we need to think beyond just training children but also strengthening the whole system, prosecuting and making rape unattractive.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Man Burst Into Tears After iphone7 He Bought 20k Was Filled With Eba (video) / Have You Ever Retrieved A Stolen Phone? How Did You Go About It? / Police Arrested Two Brothers Over Alleged Employment Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.