Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Rivers State Launches Free Bus Scheme (Photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Rivers State Launches Free Bus Scheme (Photos) (26920 Views)

Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls / Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis / Lagos Launches First And Last Mile Bus Scheme To Suffice For The Ban Of Okada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers State Launches Free Bus Scheme (Photos) by Nsarug80: 9:40am On Jun 02, 2020
foliman:
Buying cheap sympathy
An anti-progressive element has just been spotted.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Launches Free Bus Scheme (Photos) by Reex12(m): 9:42am On Jun 02, 2020
e neva serious
Re: Rivers State Launches Free Bus Scheme (Photos) by Ahmeduana(m): 9:49am On Jun 02, 2020
BranddesignerH:
Wike my man.
But sometimes I don't understand him
You don't need to understand him, as far as his people understand him that is what matters and that counts.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Launches Free Bus Scheme (Photos) by Great0000: 10:09am On Jun 02, 2020
This is a good one from Wike.
I pray it won't be abused eventually.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Launches Free Bus Scheme (Photos) by mrkings84(m): 10:10am On Jun 02, 2020
Thanks goodwike.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Launches Free Bus Scheme (Photos) by sniperr007(m): 10:11am On Jun 02, 2020
TONYE001:

Really doesn't matter. A good thing should be applauded...this would only encourage more good.

It does matter.
We can't run a welfare state when we are short of funds to fund our national budget

All this awoof this clueless governors and government officials are give the citizens is money for future generations.

Does it make sense to borrow money to do awoof?
Re: Rivers State Launches Free Bus Scheme (Photos) by bonnyhope: 10:18am On Jun 02, 2020
nijabazaar:
Govt shouldn't be applauded for what She was elected to do in the first place

And some citizens in other part of the country are paying double tfare
##LAGOS
Re: Rivers State Launches Free Bus Scheme (Photos) by TroubleMaker47(m): 10:19am On Jun 02, 2020
TONYE001:
A very beautiful gesture!

The governor should be applauded on this one.

Yh, he should be applauded but you also realized that he has taken food off the table for hundreds of commercial drivers?
Remember they(commercial drivers) have been at home without income for 2 wks!
If he really wanted to make an impact, the write thing to have done is remove taxes been paid by commercial drivers and ensuring they inturn reduce their fees!
That way everybody goes happy!

A thinking and sensitive government would have done that!

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Launches Free Bus Scheme (Photos) by farous(m): 11:12am On Jun 02, 2020
The Wiked Wike. The most rugged and fearless Governor in Nigeria.

I love you my man. Nice one!
Re: Rivers State Launches Free Bus Scheme (Photos) by Barbienice(f): 11:14am On Jun 02, 2020
I saw this bus at Rumuokoro this morning and the market women were busy telling people not to enter else you find yourself in isolation center.
Re: Rivers State Launches Free Bus Scheme (Photos) by Nobody: 11:16am On Jun 02, 2020
Barbienice:
I saw this bus at Rumuokoro this morning and the market women were busy telling people not to enter else you find yourself in isolation center.
cheesy
Do u blame them?
cheesy
Re: Rivers State Launches Free Bus Scheme (Photos) by iyobosadavid: 11:24am On Jun 02, 2020
Weebo:
Nice move from Wike, although Port harcourt has so much population 28 buses won't do, I know the buses would be over filled with people and the ventilation will be useless in about a month but atleast this man might not be so useless after all. Improving on the railway structure of the state should be next. Also Amechi tried to do this bus thing sometime ago and it failed… I hope Wike maintains this one.
guy calm down, the Amaechi u term failed trying to do this bought those buses in 2013, if you reside in Port Harcourt you would have known or seen that those buses has been parked in front of government house. So dont think wike bought those buses, cos he is just trying to create an avenue to gain back his sympathy which he has already lost in the minds of Rivers people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Launches Free Bus Scheme (Photos) by iyobosadavid: 11:30am On Jun 02, 2020
dejonathan:
Nice one..
But y e no patronize his brother INNOSON??
That buses have been bought since 2013 and parked in front of Rivers state government house by Ameachi
Re: Rivers State Launches Free Bus Scheme (Photos) by TONYE001(m): 11:33am On Jun 02, 2020
TroubleMaker47:

Yh, he should be applauded but you also realized that he has taken food off the table for hundreds of commercial drivers?
Remember they(commercial drivers) have been at home without income for 2 wks!
If he really wanted to make an impact, the write thing to have done is remove taxes been paid by commercial drivers and ensuring they inturn reduce their fees!
That way everybody goes happy!

A thinking and sensitive government would have done that!

Well, guess your suggestion would have been a better option but this doesn't disprove the fact that the governor's gesture is a good one.

It's hardly possible to please everyone. If he takes away the so called taxes, those agberos at the park would grumble that their daily bread has been taken away. One way or the other, all groups cannot be pleased at the same time.

Also, recall that the governor is a politician. Putting out free buses is politically louder than doing it your way...

Inasmuch as the man wants to do some good, it's only natural that he'd consider options that'll promote his political career. This is one terrible thing about (most) politicians...
Re: Rivers State Launches Free Bus Scheme (Photos) by TONYE001(m): 11:43am On Jun 02, 2020
sniperr007:

It does matter.
We can't run a welfare state when we are short of funds to fund our national budget

All this awoof this clueless governors and government officials are give the citizens is money for future generations.

Does it make sense to borrow money to do awoof?

Well, I imagine that this is just for a while... I expect this to be short-lived. The governor understands the economic situation of the masses. You'd be amazed that lots of folks are currently unable to afford transportation, food and shelter.

This isn't new, whether in Nigeria or elsewhere. Many years ago, as a secondary school student, I enjoyed the services of free school buses and trains. In the developed world, there are government-managed charities for the poor, the old, etc.

I understand that the Nigerian situation is unique.. I also know that if our resources were well managed, government could run and maintain charities even in larger scales.
Re: Rivers State Launches Free Bus Scheme (Photos) by gloryfidedesign(m): 11:45am On Jun 02, 2020
Mice one more grace.
Re: Rivers State Launches Free Bus Scheme (Photos) by ud4u: 11:59am On Jun 02, 2020
Good governance demonstrated, while Lagos State is busy increasing their BRT T-fare
Re: Rivers State Launches Free Bus Scheme (Photos) by emmajodeci(m): 12:19pm On Jun 02, 2020
God Bless Wike..... Correct man
Re: Rivers State Launches Free Bus Scheme (Photos) by happydavies(f): 12:40pm On Jun 02, 2020
Can u stop crying more than the bereaved. I am from Rivers state and not complaining
buygala:
grin

After destroying that hotel and locking up its manager on the allegation that he is COVID19 positive, he has realized his foolishness and is trying to get back into his people's good books grin

It is well with Rivers People and their Idi Amin smiley
Re: Rivers State Launches Free Bus Scheme (Photos) by Melv4(m): 12:49pm On Jun 02, 2020
foliman:
Buying cheap sympathy
appreciate the sympathy he his buying.
Re: Rivers State Launches Free Bus Scheme (Photos) by ThatFairGuy: 12:52pm On Jun 02, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
Wike is working
Man of the people
God bless rivers state God bless Governor Nyesome Wike God bless PDP
Now I know why you always wail
Re: Rivers State Launches Free Bus Scheme (Photos) by NaijaRoyalty(m): 12:58pm On Jun 02, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

Now I know why you always wail[/s]
Re: Rivers State Launches Free Bus Scheme (Photos) by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:18pm On Jun 02, 2020
iyobosadavid:
guy calm down, the Amaechi u term failed trying to do this bought those buses in 2013, if you reside in Port Harcourt you would have known or seen that those buses has been parked in front of government house. So dont think wike bought those buses, cos he is just trying to create an avenue to gain back his sympathy which he has already lost in the minds of Rivers people.

Don't mind Wike. He is just bouncing on the ignorance of lots of people in Rivers State. Same buses he branded for Christmas, are now branded for Covid-19. We all know these are buses bought by Amaechi.

Wike should make the amount of money donated by private organisations for Covid-19 response public. Let us know his plans for the money.
Re: Rivers State Launches Free Bus Scheme (Photos) by sniperr007(m): 2:13pm On Jun 02, 2020
TONYE001:

Well, I imagine that this is just for a while... I expect this to be short-lived. The governor understands the economic situation of the masses. You'd be amazed that lots of folks are currently unable to afford transportation, food and shelter.

This isn't new, whether in Nigeria or elsewhere. Many years ago, as a secondary school student, I enjoyed the services of free school buses and trains. In the developed world, there are government-managed charities for the poor, the old, etc.

I understand that the Nigerian situation is unique.. I also know that if our resources were well managed, government could run and maintain charities even in larger scales.

Let's focus on long term solution than short term fix.
Re: Rivers State Launches Free Bus Scheme (Photos) by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jun 02, 2020
Righteousness89:
Wise Move from the River State Government

Ode it is Rivers not River have sense before you post don't be in a haste nobody is dragging ftc with you.
Re: Rivers State Launches Free Bus Scheme (Photos) by EKEKPROHJACKSO(m): 2:20pm On Jun 02, 2020
I always stand for wine all the time,you too much
Re: Rivers State Launches Free Bus Scheme (Photos) by TONYE001(m): 2:43pm On Jun 02, 2020
sniperr007:

Let's focus on long term solution than short term fix.

Again, I agree with you but while pursuing longterm solutions, certain short-term options that may sustain life should be considered...
Re: Rivers State Launches Free Bus Scheme (Photos) by iyenebari(m): 7:41pm On Jun 02, 2020
I don't see the reason why Nigerians citizens will be praising it leader for the work done by them. When are we going to have some sense.
My problem now is, what will those public transport drivers do.
This is not a welcome development to me.
Re: Rivers State Launches Free Bus Scheme (Photos) by alaskido(m): 10:56am On Jun 03, 2020
These buses were bought by Rotimi Amaechi government but were never used until Wike took over government. They were all parked at government house. If you drive along going to Borokiri and Aggrey Road, you will see these buses parked inside the government house. He only serviced the buses and put them to use. Good gesture anyway to my Governor. If you must know I am from Rivers State so I know all the story from Melford Okilo all through to Wike.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Loaded Tanker Explodes Along Lagos-ibadan Expressway (photos) / Woman Drives Her Family Through California Wildfire (Video) / The Journey Of A Photoblogger Into The Slum Of Ilaje-Bariga Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.