Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,239 members, 7,836,146 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Nigerian Reggae Legend And Rainmaker, Majek Fashek Dies At 71 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Reggae Legend And Rainmaker, Majek Fashek Dies At 71 (407 Views)

Majek Fashek Buried In The U.S / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Majek Fashek's Performance At COZA (pics) / Majek Fashek Performs At COZA Christmas Carol In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Reggae Legend And Rainmaker, Majek Fashek Dies At 71 by Realbennysnipes(m): 8:09am On Jun 02, 2020
Nigerian reggae icon Majekodunmi Fasheke popularly known as ‘Majek Fashek‘ has passed on, confirmed by his manager. The send down the rain crooner was 71.

He died in a hospital in New York on Monday around 5:45pm after a prolonged illness.

SOME OF HIS HIT SONGS INCLUDE:

Send Down The Rain
Religion Na Politics
So Long Too Long
Free Mandela
Majek Fashek In New York
Little Patience
I come from the ghetto
Africa United
Mother.

READ MORE: https://ireportng.com/2020/06/nigerian-reggae-legend-and-rainmaker-majek-fashek-dies-at-71/

Re: Nigerian Reggae Legend And Rainmaker, Majek Fashek Dies At 71 by tesseract: 8:15am On Jun 02, 2020
Blogger wen mumu, how was he 71 years? You couldn't even verify the news before posting it... Lol
Re: Nigerian Reggae Legend And Rainmaker, Majek Fashek Dies At 71 by princealexndre(m): 8:17am On Jun 02, 2020
Ah ah I think say this man done die before, How many times hin Dey die
Re: Nigerian Reggae Legend And Rainmaker, Majek Fashek Dies At 71 by Realbennysnipes(m): 8:23am On Jun 02, 2020
Majekodunmi Fasheke, popularly known as Majek Fashek, was a Nigerian singer-songwriter and guitarist. He was best known in his home country for the 1988 album Prisoner of Conscience, which included the multiple award-winning single "Send Down the Rain". Wikipedia
Born: 6 February 1949 (age 71 years), Benin City
Full name: Majekodunmi Fasheke
Spouse: Rita Fashek (m. ?–2015)
Children: RANDY MAJEK - WIKIPEDIA

You can make a point without insulting people.

Communication and how you pass a point across is very important in interaction. But for this forum, you dare not call me that. You don't know me nor how old. Manners maketh a man...this illbredness sucks.

tesseract:
Blogger wen mumu, how was he 71 years? You couldn't even verify the news before posting it... Lol
Re: Nigerian Reggae Legend And Rainmaker, Majek Fashek Dies At 71 by tesseract: 9:25am On Jun 02, 2020
Realbennysnipes:
Majekodunmi Fasheke, popularly known as Majek Fashek, was a Nigerian singer-songwriter and guitarist. He was best known in his home country for the 1988 album Prisoner of Conscience, which included the multiple award-winning single "Send Down the Rain". Wikipedia
Born: 6 February 1949 (age 71 years), Benin City
Full name: Majekodunmi Fasheke
Spouse: Rita Fashek (m. ?–2015)
Children: RANDY MAJEK - WIKIPEDIA

You can make a point without insulting people.

Communication and how you pass a point across is very important in interaction. But for this forum, you dare not call me that. You don't know me nor how old. Manners maketh a man...this illbredness sucks.

I sincerely apologize. If you got your info from Wikipedia, it raises a lot of questions. Anybody with unverified information can make an edit in Wikipedia.
Thisday newspaper, pulse.ng and even bbc.com state that he was 57. And by my calculations, that sounds more legit.
Re: Nigerian Reggae Legend And Rainmaker, Majek Fashek Dies At 71 by Realbennysnipes(m): 9:55am On Jun 02, 2020
Nigerian News Outlets have a way of copying themselves.

I ran a thorough Google Search on his D.O.B and 71 continued to turn up with his birth date.

Couldn't see any that took me to 57 from year of birth.

I am always willing to correct myself if i unintentionally misinform people on social media/online forums.

tesseract:

I sincerely apologize. If you got your info from Wikipedia, it raises a lot of questions. Anybody with unverified information can make an edit in Wikipedia.
Thisday newspaper, pulse.ng and even bbc.com state that he was 57. And by my calculations, that sounds more legit.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Christ v.s Black Rome: You Never Know Someone Until You Fight Them / Why Are You Guys Trying So Hard To Get Me Out Of The Way? Tacha Goes Emotional / Justin Bieber Files $20 Million Defamation Lawsuit Against Women Over Rape Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.