Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,786 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

See How Rain Paid Homage To The Rainmaker,majek As He Goes Home Today. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / See How Rain Paid Homage To The Rainmaker,majek As He Goes Home Today. (935 Views)

Williams Uchemba Pays Homage To Ooni Of Ife, Oba Enitan Ogunwusi (Photos) / My Sons Eat Like Godzilla — Jim Iyke Says As He Goes Shopping (Photos) / Majek Fashek Buried In The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How Rain Paid Homage To The Rainmaker,majek As He Goes Home Today. by HiztoryBox(m): 9:05am On Jun 02, 2020
The Rain pay homage to the rainmaker,Majek as he goes home today.

The sky look misty and cloudy
Looks like rain's gonna fall today
This morning I have been soaked in mercy
Waiting for the rain to drop the water Lord
Oh Lord.ye
I'm a hungry man
And I don't wanna be angry
Send down the rain
Water up my seed ye...
Send down the rain
Send down the rain
Send down the rain
Send down the rain
Everything in Life has got its time and season...

Those are the immortalized line of the hit track from 1988 album titled "Prisoner of Conscience" by legendary Nigeria musician and guitarist Majekodunmi Fasheke popularly known as Majek Fashek.

His emigence into stardom started in early eighties.When Fashek, who at that time went by the stage name Rajesh Kanal, joined the group Jastix with McRoy Gregg, and Drummer Black 'Rice. They were best known as the in-house band on the show Music Panorama on NTA Benin, and toured with fellow reggae group The Mandators.

In 1988, shortly after Jastix disbanded;Majek Fashek,got signed with Tabansi Records.This was the beginning of a solo career for him as he released the album "Prisoner of Conscience" and quickly became Nigeria's top reggae artist after the song "Send Down The Rain" became the most popular song of the year, which also made him won 1989, six PMAN awards for "Song of the Year", "Album of the Year", and "Reggae Artist of the Year" among others.

Majek over the next 2-3 decades became a household name releasing hit songs as Holy Spirit,Little Patience,Kpangolo,Redemption Song both home and abroad. His style of music was largely influence by Bob Marley,Fela Kuti, Jimi Hendrix

His musical sound and rhythm is largely dominant with reggae with large infusion of  fuji, jùjú thereby making it known to mix these genres into his own style which he calls kpangolo.

The Rainmaker was born in Benin City to a mother and a Ijesha father,(Osun State, Western Nigeria) but identifies with his Benin roots. Majek Fashek has worked with numerous various artists worldwide, including Tracy Chapman, Jimmy Cliff, Michael Jackson, Snoop Dogg, and Beyoncé

Today,2ND Day of June,2020 on a rainy morning.

Check Nigeria more history at http://www.hiztorybox.com.ng/see-how-the-rain-paid-homage-to-the-rainmakermajek/

1 Like

Re: See How Rain Paid Homage To The Rainmaker,majek As He Goes Home Today. by Dreal1247: 9:28am On Jun 02, 2020
Nothing lasts forever. The life is very short. When you subtract where you are right now from where you are going to, it becomes clearer that the journey is far spent.

There Remember Your Creator While you are still alive. You may get to the point of had I known when access to the eternal glory is denied. REPENT.
Re: See How Rain Paid Homage To The Rainmaker,majek As He Goes Home Today. by Passionate888: 9:41am On Jun 02, 2020
I love that his 'Holy Spirit' song.
Re: See How Rain Paid Homage To The Rainmaker,majek As He Goes Home Today. by Vyzz: 9:47am On Jun 02, 2020
Na why rain fall today

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Orange Peels: Magic In A Trash / Dj Cuppy Arrives London From France To Beat Tomorrow's Travel Deadline To The UK / Wathoni Narrates How She Has Been Threatened For The Past Weeks (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.