Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,798 members, 7,862,637 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 09:36 PM

Requirements For A Decision Of Faith. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Requirements For A Decision Of Faith. (532 Views)

The Most Crucial Decision Of My Life: Considering Islam. / The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria / How Do I Know The Voice Of God And His Mind When Taken A Decision (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Requirements For A Decision Of Faith. by yommyuk: 11:10pm On Jan 20, 2011
Abraham trusted and obeyed God when he faced his insecurities. When you have nothing left but God, you begin to learn that God is enough.  Abraham trusted and obeyed when he faced the impossibilities and did not know how God's will would be accomplished.

Hebrews 11:11-12
It was by faith that even Sarah was able to have a child, though she was barren and was too old. She believed that God would keep his promise. And so a whole nation came from this one man who was as good as dead- a nation with so many people that, like the stars in the sky and the sand on the seashore, there is no way to count them.

Romans 4:18-20
Even when where was no reason for hope, Abraham kept hoping, believing that he would become the father of many nations. For God had said to him, "That's how many descendants you will have!" And Abraham's faith did not weaken, even though, at about 100years of age, he figured his body was as good as dead - and so was sarah's womb. Abraham never wavered in believing God's promise. In fact, his faith grew stronger, and in this he brought glory to God.

Hebrews 11:17-19
It was by faith that Abraham offered Isaac as a sacrifice when God was testing him. Abraham who had received God's promises was ready to sacrifice his only son. Isaac, even though God had told him, "Isaac is the son through whom your descendants will be counted. Abraham reasoned that if Isaac died, God was able to bring him back to life again. And in a sense, Abraham did recieve his son back from the dead.

Abraham trusted and obeyed God when it called for a sacrifice. There is no success without sacrifice. If I succeed without sacrifice, then it's because someone who went before me made the sacrifice. If I sacrifice, and don't see success, then someone who follows will reap success from my sacrifice. Abraham trusted and obeyed God when it required persistence and patience. Abraham's dream was so big that he couldn't accomplish his dream in a year, or decade, or even in a lifetime.

CONCLUSION

James 2:21-24
Don't you remember that our ancestor Abraham was shown to be right with God by his actions when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? You see, his faith and actions worked together. His actions made his faith complete. And so it happened just as the Scriptures say "Abraham believed God, and God counted him as righteous because of his faith." He was even called the friend of God. So you see, we are shown to be right with God by what we do, not by faith alone.

FAITH + ACTIONS(works) is what is required. The Lord of Host has promised us that whatever WE lay our hands upon shall prosper. No weapon  turned against us will succeed. That we will silence every voice raised up to accuse us. The Lord said in ISAIAH 54 that "These benefits are enjoyed by the servants of the Lord; Our vindication comes from the Lord. Do you serve the Lord who made heaven and earth?

Press on in Jesus Name. (Halleluyah and Amen) to that cheesy

God Bless wink

(1) (Reply)

When I S Lent Starting / Thank You, Lord / Is This Disobedience A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.