Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,623 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Ehindero Must Be Paraded —keyamo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ehindero Must Be Paraded —keyamo (1020 Views)

PHOTO: Lekki Bank Robbery Suspects Paraded / Jonathan Lacks Capacity To Secure Nigeria, Fight Corruption - Festus Keyamo / Keyamo Petitions Prisons Over Attempt To Sodomise Charles Okah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ehindero Must Be Paraded —keyamo by chrisokw: 3:44pm On Jun 11, 2007
Ehindero Must Be Paraded —Keyamo

Published: 2007/6/11

By Simon Ateba

Controversial Lagos lawyer, Festus Keyamo, has called on the Acting Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Mike Okiro, to immediately arrest Mr. Sunday Ehindero, the immediate past Inspector General of Police, in connection with the monumental financial scandal that rocked the force last week.

Keyamo expressed surprise that Ehindero, who is the main suspect in the financial scam, was still walking about the streets of Abuja a free man.

“They should have arrested Ehindero by now. There must be no cover up of the monumental scandal. There must be a thorough investigation.

''Ehindero must be paraded and taken to court in handcuffs. And if possible, those who know he has stolen something, must have their faces covered when he is paraded. Only their eyes must be seen,” he said.

Keyamo explained further that since the former Inspector General of Police, Mr. Tafa Balogun, was sentenced for stealing money belonging to the police, Ehindero should not be spared.

''What is good for the goose is sauce for the gander. Didn't Tafa Balogun go to jail for stealing police money? Then Ehindero should face the same punishment.

“There must be no room for pity, sentiment or compromise. Ehindero must face his own predicament,” he said.

http://www.thenewsng.com/modules/zmagazine/article.php?articleid=16576
Re: Ehindero Must Be Paraded —keyamo by chrisokw: 3:45pm On Jun 11, 2007
I Concur with Keyamo. Ehindero should be paraded naked grin and flogged till his arse turns red grin. What a disgrace to his family.
Re: Ehindero Must Be Paraded —keyamo by angel101(f): 1:39pm On Jun 15, 2007
chrisokw:

I Concur with Keyamo. Ehindero should be paraded naked grin and flogged till his arse turns red grin. What a disgrace to his family.

Lol! u guys really crack me up cheesy
Re: Ehindero Must Be Paraded —keyamo by denex: 1:54pm On Jun 15, 2007
That Keyamo lawyer that never wins any case shut up. How can a lawyer be asking for unconstitutional detention of a citizen.
Re: Ehindero Must Be Paraded —keyamo by angel101(f): 1:56pm On Jun 15, 2007
its not unconstitutional, he says the guy should be arrested and charged not indefinitely detained.
Re: Ehindero Must Be Paraded —keyamo by abiodunade(m): 2:32pm On Jun 15, 2007
We should nt 4get dat n nigerian constitution, u remains innocent until u re pronouce by a competent court of d land dat u re guilt of d offence. Let wait 4 d outcome of d investigation by Mr. Okiro.
Re: Ehindero Must Be Paraded —keyamo by Mamajama(m): 3:10pm On Jun 15, 2007
Only in Nigeria are you convicted before going to court. we will hear the out come of the investigation next week
Re: Ehindero Must Be Paraded —keyamo by McKren(m): 3:24pm On Jun 15, 2007
But those paraded by Ehindero as Bola Ige's killers were not pronounced by the court
Re: Ehindero Must Be Paraded —keyamo by denex: 3:26pm On Jun 15, 2007
Keyamo is a lawyer only by virtue of appearance on TV and writing articles in the tabloids. How can anybody that went to Law School be calling for a citizen to be handcuffed and paraded just because a suspect mentioned his name?

Let us not forget that Keyamo himself is no less a home video director than Jeff Koinange and has often coerced suspects into implicating popular figures to get off the hook.

Nigeria is a civilised country. Whether people want to believe it or not.

Somebody who has already been interrogated and has just had his movement restricted and travel document seized, is that not enough to show that charge and bail lawyer Keyamo that Ehindero is already being investigated as a suspect? Must someone be treated like a Zimbabwean opposition leader before we know he's being investigated?

Abeg, this is not a savage land. If Ehindero was treated like an animal, they will say the police is bad. He is treated like a human being now, the police is bad.

Why didn't Keyamo ask the police to chain Bola Tinubu too as he's being investigated for looting.

Please let's disregard comments from journalist-wannabe unsuccessful lawyers.
Re: Ehindero Must Be Paraded —keyamo by McKren(m): 3:30pm On Jun 15, 2007
If Festus Keyamo is a home video director, Ehindero is an actor himself.

He paraded people who have not been pronounced guilty by any court as Ige's Killers.
Re: Ehindero Must Be Paraded —keyamo by BigB11(m): 3:30pm On Jun 15, 2007
Posted by MAMAJAMA:
Only in Nigeria are you convicted before going to court.  we will hear the out come of the investigation next week

Do you know how many times you've called innocent folks criminals on this forum? Do I have to start pulling your incredible record?
Re: Ehindero Must Be Paraded —keyamo by denex: 3:53pm On Jun 15, 2007
Well, I'm afraid people do not really know that the culture of the police PARADING suspects was borne out of an intent to help the public to identify them so that anyone who had any evidence against them, or knew any other crime they had taken part in, would come forward.

That is why it is more common among armed robbers and criminals who operate under hidden identities.

Tafa Balogun was not paraded to the best of my knowledge. He was appearing in court when journalists got pictures of him.

Parading suspects is not done for the sake of embarrassing the suspect as Keyamo has believed, it is to help the public recognise a previously unknown criminal and allow them bring forward any evidence they may have or report any other crimes the suspect may have committed which the police is not aware of.

Imagine asserting somebody like Obasanjo, Gani Fawehinmi or Kanu Nwankwo and parading him. So also it would make no sense to be parading Ehindero or Bola Tinubu.
Re: Ehindero Must Be Paraded —keyamo by Seun(m): 4:14pm On Jun 15, 2007
denex, that's a good point. (That's why I love open forums like Nairaland: information always floats to the top.)
Re: Ehindero Must Be Paraded —keyamo by lakeside4love(m): 4:53pm On Jun 15, 2007
Denex u r making no sense,
Re: Ehindero Must Be Paraded —keyamo by initiator(m): 5:33pm On Jun 15, 2007
@ denex
your argument doesnt hold water. The police do not parade suspects for public identification. That's a fat fallacy. They parade criminals bare chested, some who confess to crimes. They're usually said to be awaiting trial.
Am not a fan of keyamo but his alarm is to forestall any cover up since ehindero is alleged to have helped rig elections. C'mon this is naija!
Re: Ehindero Must Be Paraded —keyamo by DisGuy: 6:12pm On Jun 15, 2007
denex:

Well, I'm afraid people do not really know that the culture of the police PARADING suspects was borne out of an intent to help the public to identify them so that anyone who had any evidence against them, or knew any other crime they had taken part in, would come forward.
That is why it is more common among armed robbers and criminals who operate under hidden identities.

Tafa Balogun was not paraded to the best of my knowledge. He was appearing in court when journalists got pictures of him.

Parading suspects is not done for the sake of embarrassing the suspect as Keyamo has believed, it is to help the public recognise a previously unknown criminal and allow them bring forward any evidence they may have or report any other crimes the suspect may have committed which the police is not aware of.

Imagine asserting somebody like Obasanjo, Gani Fawehinmi or Kanu Nwankwo and parading him. So also it would make no sense to be parading Ehindero or Bola Tinubu.

smoking garri is not good for you cheesy
Re: Ehindero Must Be Paraded —keyamo by angel101(f): 7:42pm On Jun 15, 2007
U guys are too hilarious
Re: Ehindero Must Be Paraded —keyamo by denex: 7:51pm On Jun 15, 2007
@Dis Guy,

if you don't have much to say, stop beefing up your posts by repeating other people's.

Well, y'all go ahead and parade them. Tinubu, Ehindero, Ibori, even Adenuga, parade them.

We want to move further into civilization and the masses are begging for barbarism.

While requesting for Ehindero to be "paraded", don't forget to include an ardent plea for a resumption of the Firing Squads at Bar Beach.
Re: Ehindero Must Be Paraded —keyamo by chidichris(m): 8:45pm On Jun 15, 2007
Denex,
i want to believe you are a nigerian. how many innocent people are in nigerian police? how many of them was arrested by Keyamo? how many are dying in jail because the nigerian police is investigating their case.
Ehindero is a nigerian and we are not here to say he is guilty or not but we are saying he should be arrested, investigated and confirm guilty or not guilty.
Asari was innocent and had been in jail for months if not years. alamasiya is innocent and had been in jail or are you saying Uwazuruike, Mustapha and a long list of others are not nigerians or do they have a different constitution upon which they are been persecuted.
nigeria has only one constitution so which ever paragraph of that constitution that warranted the arrest and detaintion of others shld equally warrant the arrest of ehindero by the way, tell us here what happened to his predecessor in the name of Balogun, was he guilty before he was arrested?
i still get confussed on our theories and constitutional interpretation here in this forum where we authoritatively reduce learned men like keyamo.
this same Ehindero in his movie script interpretation a couple of weeks back played on the intelligence of nigerians in his parade of the killers of Bola Ige so why won't he buy millions of houses and carry money in bags.
the cast is down and God of venegance has finally intervened so the killers must be killed and judges must be judged and that has been the cries of the poor masses. can't u see, andy uba is gone as we pray that efcc will soon visit him.
Re: Ehindero Must Be Paraded —keyamo by scientist(m): 8:45pm On Jun 15, 2007
Yes so, He must be, just like his predecessor TAFA - dat was dragged on the ground and cuffed in public grin grin grin
Re: Ehindero Must Be Paraded —keyamo by denex: 12:49am On Jun 16, 2007
In a case where there is a threat to national security, a suspect can be detained like the case of Uwazuruike, Dokubo and Gani Adams. In the case of a suspect that had jumped bail previously too, he can be arrested like Alameseigha.

Right now, the man Ehindero has been interrogated, his movement has been restricted and his personal identification and travel documents have been seized. Must you people see chains on his neck before you will drink your garri in peace?

And I wonder why you all did not clamour for Tinubu to be chained and paraded when he too was indicted. Abi did Tinubu not invest Lagos state's N4 billion in ECONET? Did the share price not double during the Vmobile buyover of ECONET from Vodacom? (N8 billion). Did the Vmobile share price not triple when CELTEL bought them over? So why are you people not begging for Tinubu to be paraded in chains? Is he more equal than Ehindero? Or because Ehindero is only accused of millions but Tinubu is accused of billions, so Tinubu should be treated with respect.

Abeg, I get sore throat. I no fit shout!
Re: Ehindero Must Be Paraded —keyamo by dayokanu(m): 6:50pm On Jun 16, 2007
Supported Ehindero in the same manner his purported Bola Ige's killers were paraded just 2 weeks ago
Re: Ehindero Must Be Paraded —keyamo by tlops(m): 4:33pm On Jun 17, 2007
There is somthing about thePolice force, its a den of corrupt people from the ones on the street to their oga patapatas.Mike should better be wise o cos I know when he leaves too there must be stains on his hands.

There is too much chop chop in NPF!!!!!11
Re: Ehindero Must Be Paraded —keyamo by tlops(m): 4:41pm On Jun 17, 2007
denex:

And I wonder why you all did not clamour for Tinubu to be chained and paraded when he too was indicted. Abi did Tinubu not invest Lagos state's N4 billion in ECONET? Did the share price not double during the Vmobile buyover of ECONET from Vodacom? (N8 billion). Did the Vmobile share price not triple when CELTEL bought them over? So why are you people not begging for Tinubu to be paraded in chains? Is he more equal than Ehindero? Or because Ehindero is only accused of millions but Tinubu is accused of billions, so Tinubu should be treated with respect.

Abeg, I get sore throat. I no fit shout!

Well tinubu is a politician and all u have said are expected characteristics of one.

Ehindero is suppose to be a saint (atleast to serve and protect with integrity) That was his pledge. Much was given to him and much was expected of him . but failed Nigerians in many cases eg election, Many cases of mis -enforcement of law.

As for Tinubu I have not said he did right o, he should be brought to book, but I am not surprise at these allegations or are you?

(1) (Reply)

Peter Odili Might Be As Rich As Ibb, When Is He Getting Nailed? / What Is The Way Forward To Racial Discrimination? / Is Mccain Palin's B**ch?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.