Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,501 members, 7,823,168 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case (51637 Views)

Obituary Of Uwaila Omozuwa Vera: Burial Poster Of Raped UNIBEN Student (Photos) / Uwaila Omozuwa: Protest Rocks Benin Over Rape, Murder Of UNIBEN Student (photos) / #JusticeForUwa: Vera Uwaila Omozuwa Raped In RCCG Church In Edo, Dies (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by Lanoye77: 4:57pm On Jun 02, 2020
#JusticeForUwa: Police demanded for 'mobility money' before taking up my late sister's rape and murder case - Vera Uwaila Omozuwa's sister speaks (video)

The sister of Vera Uwaila Omozuwa, the University Of Benin student who was raped and murdered in a church in Ovie Quarters, Ikpoba Hill has accused the police of demanding for "mobility fee" before taking up her late sister's case.

The deceased's sister made the allegation after leading some youths in a protest to the Edo state police headquarters where they were received by Edo State Deputy Commissioner of Police in-charge of operations, Ayoola Ajala.

Uwaila's sister stated that she is disappointed in the Nigerian Police for allegedly refusing to following to take up the case when it was reported. She alleged that her father went to the police station in the community several times, but was told that they needed "mobilization money" for the case.

The rape victim's sister alleged that the police officers also asked her father "if her daughter is the first person to be raped". She affirmed that the rape incident occurred on Wednesday May 27, while her sister died on Saturday May 30.

One of the protesters also called for the interrogation of the Pastor of the church where the UNIBEN undergraduate was raped.

Here is the video below;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EctXtLVlvU

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2020/6/justiceforuwa-police-demanded-for-mobility-money-before-taking-up-my-late-sisters-rape-and-murder-case-vera-uwaila-omozuwas-sister-speaks-video.html

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by fuckingAyaya(m): 5:00pm On Jun 02, 2020
Nigerian police never fails to disappoint,very heartless people

468 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by PowerOfLove: 5:01pm On Jun 02, 2020
lipsrsealed

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by olamidedivotee(f): 5:02pm On Jun 02, 2020
embarassed
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by iluvdonjazzy: 5:05pm On Jun 02, 2020
Hmmm quite sad, even though I don't expect you guys to be using your salary to be running up and down for the case but at least you guys have to be human na, habbaa, you should know the family is divastated already because of the Lost of their loved one in a painful manner. Take for instance the thing happened to one of you how will you take it. My condolences goes to the family of the Innocent girl.

97 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by oz4real83(m): 5:11pm On Jun 02, 2020
This is one of the reasons most people feel so indifferent whenever a police officer dies. Some will even openly rejoice , although very wrong, over the death of an officer. Most Nigerians have been hurt or disappointed at critical moments by officers of the Nigerian police. The authorities of the Nigerian police force must take delibrate and concrete efforts at reforming the police force so as to change the current perception Nigerians hold for the police.

125 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by Rodwave: 5:12pm On Jun 02, 2020
The monkey Republic is irreparable

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by Ipromote: 5:29pm On Jun 02, 2020
embarassed

I dont blame the Biafarans that call Nigeria Zoooo chai cry cry

153 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by femtex007(m): 5:30pm On Jun 02, 2020
Nigerian police node disappoint. Shameless sets of people. They take advantage of every opportunities

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by Lamasta(m): 5:30pm On Jun 02, 2020
Jesus wept...

Am not surprise that's Niger police for You very wicked and corrupt set of humans

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by obembet(f): 5:30pm On Jun 02, 2020
Its possible. Nigeria police can do that..... They will soon deny it sha

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by temptnow: 5:30pm On Jun 02, 2020
The most corrupt police in the world.

E get why them give them that title

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by yusfatedeeprof(m): 5:30pm On Jun 02, 2020
This is really disheartening....

All this hashtags on social media #saynotorape #noisno is good publicity but only reasonable humans would relate or reason with it.....

RAPISTS just like killers, murderers and armed robbers are criminals.... You don't reason with such people.

Ladies please don't be carried away by "no one has the right to rape me, it's my body, #noisno, #saynotorape etc". Yes, no one has the right to rape you just like no one has the right to steal your property or kill you because they are hired to do so, but they could, people are evil.

You all need to be vigilant and protect yourself anyways possible, know where to go, when to go there and how you go there. Because this country is bleep up and you can't rely on police to provide you security

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by Sebastine1994(m): 5:30pm On Jun 02, 2020
risk

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by obembet(f): 5:31pm On Jun 02, 2020
Rape doesn't happen by mistake, rape is a planned action. The rapists should know female are not a toy. They are the future, our children, our sisters, our mothers.
Death penalty would make them understand more about what a person needs to be responsible for.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by JimmySwaggart(m): 5:31pm On Jun 02, 2020
I hope we get it right one day.
Irredeemable modafurkers.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by Dukeolumidemans(m): 5:31pm On Jun 02, 2020
Nigeria is a funny country. Nothing is working here....nothing. Am honestly waiting for them to use ruler and knife to divide the whole thing make all man find him square root... grin grin grin tongue

16 Likes

Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by omoadeleye(m): 5:31pm On Jun 02, 2020
Taxes are just for nothing

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by Timi141: 5:31pm On Jun 02, 2020
The shame just keeps on growing everyday. We really need a sound and comprehensive restructuring of our forces.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by Naija246: 5:32pm On Jun 02, 2020
nah wah ooo.
See as them waste this fine girl sad
I really pity the family sha cry

5 Likes

Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by Aksnoopy: 5:32pm On Jun 02, 2020
Useless country! I am presently treating a policeman for a medical condition and I was wondering if I should treat him the same way they treat innocent citizens. Infact, the Hippocratic oath wasn't going to stop me, but for the fact the he was so humbled by his health condition.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 02, 2020
Naija police neva disappoint me

5 Likes

Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by Donkelzy(m): 5:32pm On Jun 02, 2020
Naija police and money

1 Like

Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by MurphyG1(m): 5:32pm On Jun 02, 2020
It's very disappointing.

1 Like

Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by Coursetrouble: 5:32pm On Jun 02, 2020
Can't they use out of the bail money or the money they collect from motorist for mobility fees.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by mediocre(m): 5:32pm On Jun 02, 2020
Surinamese4:
But to be honest it's like it's only on the internet that rapist are being crucified. Cos I don't understand
That's why no amount of sensitisation, no amount of protests, curses, pleads will cause any significant change. Rapists know what they're doing is wrong, they also know they'll most likely get away with it and that's why they keep doing it anyway.

We should all be calling for drastic measures (like castration) to be put in place to punish rapists, that's the only solution. In saner countries, even a false rape accusation can ruin your life. But in Nigeria, if you report a rape case to the police, they'll blame the girl. I've seen it happen too many times

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by Ikorodurealtor: 5:33pm On Jun 02, 2020
typical Nigerian police

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by safarigirl(f): 5:33pm On Jun 02, 2020
The only reason this case is getting attention, is because it is all over the internet.

If this case had not blown up like this, Uwa will die and nothing will happen, like many other rape victims in this country. It is Internet noise that is keeping this case alive.

Nobody should get their hopes up, because rape convictions are still ABYSMALLY LOW in Nigeria. The police has made nonsense of so many investigations, they are so biased, it is sickening.

The entire Nigerian system, is biased. Making fun of rape victims, and their pain, comes naturally to the sick people that should be fighting for justice.

Uwa's father was asked if his daughter is the first to be raped. By police officers. This is the same police force, that rounded up women in Abuja some years ago, and RAPED them.

HOW CAN RAPISTS INVESTIGATE RAPISTS?

How can rape victims report their rape, to rapists?

The system is trash.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by knockturnal(m): 5:33pm On Jun 02, 2020
Chai! Naija!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Church In The Day, Brothel At Night In Abakaliki / Mother Of Three Vomits Cocaine At Abuja Airport (photo) / Thief Glued To Pillar In Akwa Ibom While Trying To Steal From A Site (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.